The question of one day tickets

Never heard of/been to a Dr Who event...

Well there must have been at least 5 a year for the last 5 years at least, and half of them two day events. Any other programme convention in this country are still in the nursery compared to Doctor Who fandom. They wouldn't keep doing them if they weren't successful. In fact Showmasters announced they were teaming up with Tenth Planet, who do half of them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charge more for the day pass than for the weekend pass? Then what is the point in having a day pass? That renders it pointless. And if you charge less for the day pass than for the weekend pass, you're going to annoy those who already bought a weekend pass for just one day.

Evidently I was not making myself clear. My suggestion is that you charge between £15 and £25 for a Day Pass. This entitles you to entry to the event, a seat at the talks (behind the weekend pass holders), entry to the party and the opportunity to purchase autographs and MAYBE photot shoots with the guests. It means that if you wanted an autograph from EACH of the guests, the total cost is MORE than if you had bought a weekend pass. The reason people might go for it, is because if SHowmasters manage to secure one or two last minute guests, people might just want their autographs (because if they wanted autos from the existing guests, they would have surely bought a weeekend pass). Existing weekend pass holders will be happy, because they will already get a free auto from any additional, last minute guests,.

I still think that's going to irritate many weekend pass holders. There are many (too many, some might say) who bought a weekend pass for a single day, and many more who are only really interested in the talks and parties yet are being charged a fortune more for it.

Edited by Psychosis

• Showmasters Admin

Proven to work? That's interesting. My viewpoint comes partially from the fact that the last time I knew of an organiser selling day tickets, it was a miserable failure and had knock on consequences for all of their other events.

What happens when, two weeks before Lockdown 2, people still haven't bought tickets because they're waiting for the desperation day tickets to go on sale? How do you expect them to book guests?

Surely right now the focus needs to be on making Lockdown a success and not jumping ahead to Lockdown 2? How can you talk about the jeopardy of a future event when the first one doesn't seem to be doing all that well?

I believe that day tickets have been suggested as a possible way to make Lockdown a successful event for SM - which is what we all want. If this event is losing SM money and there is a way to make back that money to ensure that SM are happy for L2 to go ahead, then yes - I am all for day tickets. Still.

As for

Proven to work? That's interesting

You'll find that generally, I'm an interesting kinda girl B):(

thanks for thinking of us and yes we are loosing a good amount of money on this one but this will not damage the possibilities of another Lockdown as we know its down to guests and nothing else that we are loosing money

we would rather lose more money than sell day tickets and damage the chance to run good events in the future

sorry but we have a very strong view on this

Jason :wub: