Guest cancellation: Henry Ian Cusick

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Some IP addresses are shared, so it wouldn't just affect one user. Yes, some people may well be willing to take a hit for the greater good, but even then .. lol

Oh and I bagsy Kiele as my constant .. though I'm sure no-one would dare to take her for themselves :huh:

Can't Showmasters just ban a certain IP address, and not just 1 user's account? I mean even with the language barrier and what not, posting the texts she posts, in all caps (=considered shouting on the Internet) and in a language only few people on a British board understand is just rude and clearly shows this person doesn't give a damn about anyone else on the forum (except for maybe the occasional Bai Ling picture).

My fiance and I use the same IP address, so as DB said if you ban an IP address you would (for example) be banning my fiance and me, even if it were only one person who wrote something bad on a forum (not that we did)

Nice idea though.

;)

LLAP :borg:

• Showmasters Admin

jajajajajajajaja xDDD FRIKIII... por diosss como me rioooooo si tanto odio xDD por decir que guest me gustan mas xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Christina, en serio, ¿por qué no lo dejas? no merece la pena. Y escribe en inglés o nadie te va a entender.

Translation:

Why don´t you give up? it isn´t worth it. And write in english or nobody will understand you (although this is quite ironic, lol)

PUES SI pero que no hablen de mi entonces si no les puedo contestar!!! y ni me entienden!!! que frikis son hablando sin saber... xD y no merece la pena esto me saca de quizio...xDDD Y SI NO VA IR PORQUE LO PONENN TAMBIEN ES QUE , QUE TIMOO ASI LA GENTE COND ESMOND VA MAS CLARO... Y SI LUEGO LO QUITAN COMO FASTIDIAN ¬¬

Christina,

I will say this only once.

1: This is an English forum please DO NOT post in Spanish!

2: You can have your opinions but keep them polite, insulting other forum members and the current guests at Lockdown is not acceptable!

This is your one and ONLY chance. If you continue being rude you will be BANNED, again.

KarenRoss - Not sure if translating this into Spanish will help but it maybe worth a try. Also from me, thank you for your continued patience in trying to help Christina fit in.

PUES SI pero que no hablen de mi entonces si no les puedo contestar!!! y ni me entienden!!! que frikis son hablando sin saber... xD y no merece la pena esto me saca de quizio...xDDD Y SI NO VA IR PORQUE LO PONENN TAMBIEN ES QUE , QUE TIMOO ASI LA GENTE COND ESMOND VA MAS CLARO... Y SI LUEGO LO QUITAN COMO FASTIDIAN ¬¬

Christina,

I will say this only once.

1: This is an English forum please DO NOT post in Spanish!

2: You can have your opinions but keep them polite, insulting other forum members and the current guests at Lockdown is not acceptable!

This is your one and ONLY chance. If you continue being rude you will be BANNED, again.

KarenRoss - Not sure if translating this into Spanish will help but it maybe worth a try. Also from me, thank you for your continued patience in trying to help Christina fit in.

Too Tall: alright, I will translate it to her. And you are more than welcome, although you don´t need to thank me, really, her behaviour annoys me just as much, and this is also due to her being spanish, I just hate that she speaks in spanish and you are not able to defend yourselves against what she says, although, really, everything she has said in spanish sounds like something a 12 years old girl would say so I think it isn´t worth the effort to reply her.

Now onto your translation to Christina:

Christina. Too Tall quiere que te traduzca lo que acaba de decirte así que lo que pongo a continuación va en nombre de Too Tall, por favor, intenta hacerle caso y todo irá mejor para todo el mundo, no merece la pena que sigas enemistándote con medio foro:

Christina,

Sólo te lo diré una vez.

1: Esto es un foro inglés, por favor NO escribas en español!

2: Puedes opinar sobre lo que quieras pero hazlo de manera educada, no es aceptable que insultes a otros miembros del foro ni a los invitados.

Esta es tu última oportunidad, si sigues siendo tan maleducada serás baneada de nuevo.

Some IP addresses are shared, so it wouldn't just affect one user. Yes, some people may well be willing to take a hit for the greater good, but even then .. lol

Oh and I bagsy Kiele as my constant .. though I'm sure no-one would dare to take her for themselves :D

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. I guess you can track if that IP address is used for any other accounts than Cristina's, but of course you never know if anyone else with that IP may want to sign up in the future...

Oh and I bagsy Kiele as my constant .. though I'm sure no-one would dare to take her for themselves :poki:

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. I guess you can track if that IP address is used for any other accounts than Cristina's, but of course you never know if anyone else with that IP may want to sign up in the future...

Also some providers use dynamic IPs for their users; I think at least some aol accounts operate this way. So these users get a different IP every time they sign on. This means that banning a certain IP will not only not necessarily ban that user, it may prevent numerous other people who at a subsequent times get assigned that IP.

To be honest this is a real bummer but I was prepared when I read reports that the main cast was to be in Hawaii filming and with the strike happened as it does etc...so I'm not surprised one BIT this happened. Crap happens and you make the best with what you got.

I am and I will repeat it...I AM VERY HAPPY it's not being cancelled whatsoever cos I'd never get my money back for my flight and train bookings! Too late for that now, flying with Ryanair..well they're not to helpful with cancellations, let's keep it at that lmao.

So as it is now, I'm just going for the party..yes I am a gold pass holder and I bought it in good faith...and I'll attend in good faith that I'll probably end up having a blast no matter who's VIP guests and ok this IS the first Lost con in UK, so better luck next time! Atleast I'll meet SOME of the Lost actors!! Not main ones but hopefully that will come in the next round :D.

So I'm going and going with the attitude of well make the best of it and have fun! I got my lei and will hunt for a Hawaii shirt and now I gotta admit I'm kinda curious now on the other guests that are coming and who SM may get as replacement for HIC.

As for refunds or discounts, since SM is already losing money on this con, discount wouldn't be expected regardless, cancellations happnes, hey I was at a Supernatural con last year (going to one this year too) and the guy playing Sam Winchester in the show cancelled due to filming obligations, he's coming this year though. So hey it's a chance we take when we buy tix for a con. I'm just happy I won't lose my money for the flight/train as the con isn't cancelled. (My boss would be happy if it was cos I'd be working instead lmao!)

But yeah bummed out HIC ain't coming but still happy the con is on and will make the best out of it still..and will hope that the next time they arrange Lockdown again will bring SM less headache!!

Now where can I get that darn Hawaii shirt....

At least we know Des is still in Lost for a while lol!!

i have more computers+... ;p but i dont talk more HERE!!And i dont insult the first...!

bye :]:firedevil: ...

xDDDD

This was overlooked, and I will lead with a simple.. Pardon?

Not too sure where things have got with this (I skipped to the end after reading the first 6 pages or so...) :( Just to add my tuppence - I haven't booked a ticket for Lockdown in case of such an occurrence as this. I can't afford to 'waste' the money on something that could prove disappointing in comparison to my expectations. I read the 'blurb' way back and it was clear that you pay your money and takes your chances... with the writers' strike the chances of a major guest cancellation were going to be high. Now I'm guessing that a lot of other people have also taken this stance, and perhaps ticket sales are down as a result. The show must go on, and the hotel, guests, etc don't get any cheaper just because people are disappointed at HIC's cancellation. So what is in everyone's best interests, it seems to me, is if SM can somehow boost their revenue for this event. Two possibilities seem to exist: 1) get a GUARANTEED replacement guest or two that will tempt me and others to get our tickets, and 2) drop the price to encourage more people to come for what's already on offer (the third option of course would be to do both of these!) Seems to me that more revenue = better Lockdown experience for everyone both this year and in future. Maybe those people who paid full-price might also get a little something extra out of it, to reward their faith. Got to be the best possible outcome for all concerned.

Not too sure where things have got with this (I skipped to the end after reading the first 6 pages or so...) :( Just to add my tuppence - I haven't booked a ticket for Lockdown in case of such an occurrence as this. I can't afford to 'waste' the money on something that could prove disappointing in comparison to my expectations. I read the 'blurb' way back and it was clear that you pay your money and takes your chances... with the writers' strike the chances of a major guest cancellation were going to be high. Now I'm guessing that a lot of other people have also taken this stance, and perhaps ticket sales are down as a result. The show must go on, and the hotel, guests, etc don't get any cheaper just because people are disappointed at HIC's cancellation. So what is in everyone's best interests, it seems to me, is if SM can somehow boost their revenue for this event. Two possibilities seem to exist: 1) get a GUARANTEED replacement guest or two that will tempt me and others to get our tickets, and 2) drop the price to encourage more people to come for what's already on offer (the third option of course would be to do both of these!) Seems to me that more revenue = better Lockdown experience for everyone both this year and in future. Maybe those people who paid full-price might also get a little something extra out of it, to reward their faith. Got to be the best possible outcome for all concerned.

Not bad ideas but I think the problem will be getting those 'GUARANTEED' guests! As we all know no guest can possibly be guaranteed!

Edited by frankslittlemachine

Two possibilities seem to exist: 1) get a GUARANTEED replacement guest or two that will tempt me and others to get our tickets, and 2) drop the price to encourage more people to come for what's already on offer (the third option of course would be to do both of these!) Seems to me that more revenue = better Lockdown experience for everyone both this year and in future. Maybe those people who paid full-price might also get a little something extra out of it, to reward their faith. Got to be the best possible outcome for all concerned.

Nice idea, but

* as has already been pointed out, you can't guarantee guests, although admittedly at this late stage, anybody who does commit is less likely to have something come up which makes them cancel. I'm sure SM/ME have been working on at least one more guest, but with main cast out of the running, it's a gamble if another non-main cast guest would attract enough people at short notice to make booking that guest a break-even or profitable move

* if you drop the prices now, you have a terrible dilemma; you either p*ss off those loyal customers who have already bought a ticket (and also effectively encourage people not to buy early in future either; you get large numbers of people hanging back in case the price gets dropped again, and that can be a big blow to cash flow), or you have to compensate them as well, which cuts your immediate revenue. Say you have 136 existing standard tickets sold, and you cut the price by a tenner to £68. You feel obliged to give those 136 people a tenner refund, meaning that you're now £1,360 worse off. So you have to sell another 20 tickets, just to get back to where you started. But those 20 ticket sales mean that you've now given away an extra 80 autographs, plus the other consumables (plus the cost of the admin of doing all the refunds, plus some sort of compensation for the Gold Pass holders too), meaning that you really probably need to sell another 30 or 40 tickets, not 20, just to be in the same financial position. Of course, you may sell extra autos or extra photo shoots to the new ticket purchasers, but it's not guaranteed - it's a big gamble, and could end up costing SM/ME even more.

Say you have 136 existing standard tickets sold, and you cut the price by a tenner to £68. You feel obliged to give those 136 people a tenner refund, meaning that you're now £1,360 worse off. So you have to sell another 20 tickets, just to get back to where you started. But those 20 ticket sales mean that you've now given away an extra 80 autographs, plus the other consumables (plus the cost of the admin of doing all the refunds, plus some sort of compensation for the Gold Pass holders too), meaning that you really probably need to sell another 30 or 40 tickets, not 20, just to be in the same financial position.

I agree and I add that I think that it's to late to hope to sell a lots of ticket with a £10 reduced price...

So the money SM lost would be impossible to win with the sale of new passes...

To organise more activities during the week-end so that we could have more fun is a better idea :D

I only disagree with one point : TommyT in your reflection, you are considering that the money they would lose (if they decided to reduce the prize), they have to win in another way.

I disagree with that. The money they would lose, they won it because now they have not to pay HIC... so if they manage to have a replacement guest, I totally agree with you ! But if there is no replacement guest, I agree with the idea of a reduce prize... Don't forget some people are requesting this reduced prize because of HIC cancelation.

The second thing I don't like in your comment is the expression "Compensation for the Gold pass Holders". :D looooool

Edited by sebastianillyria

seb, I think you're forgetting that because Henry cancelled so late, it's quite possible that Showmasters had already booked his flights and would have lost money on that for starters. I was at a convention last year where one of the main guests had to cancel and it cost the organisers thousands of pounds because they'd booked the flights for the guest and their partner that were non-refundable. Just because a guest cancels, it doesnt mean that it's cost the organisers nothing.

seb, I think you're forgetting that because Henry cancelled so late, it's quite possible that Showmasters had already booked his flights and would have lost money on that for starters. I was at a convention last year where one of the main guests had to cancel and it cost the organisers thousands of pounds because they'd booked the flights for the guest and their partner that were non-refundable. Just because a guest cancels, it doesnt mean that it's cost the organisers nothing.

And you forgot another thing you could add against my comment loool and against the comment about a £10 reduced prize :D

A £10 reduction of the standard pass is a 13% reduction.

And i think the money they won because of HIC cancelation is not 13% of what they are paying to organise the convention (to pay the actors, to pay the flights, to book the hotel, to pay Showmasters workers, advertising, etc...).

So the money they would lose (with a £10 reduced prize) would certainly certainly important than the money Showmasters won :P

That's why i prefer the idea of more activities and more fun for the attendees :D

Edited by sebastianillyria

well with the money they get back because henry cancelled they wont get back as much as they paid out then also they are paying out more money for the additional group photoshot so then yes they might have enough money to buy a smaller replacement guest but also with the discount for lockdown 2 i dont think we are owed anything more, they are doing the best they can and i just hope we get smaller replacement guest.

well with the money they get back because henry cancelled they wont get back as much as they paid out then also they are paying out more money for the additional group photoshot so then yes they might have enough money to buy a smaller replacement guest but also with the discount for lockdown 2 i dont think we are owed anything more, they are doing the best they can and i just hope we get smaller replacement guest.

Yes but for people who had a Gold pass (with a free group photoshoot) and who could not afford Lockdown 2, money won with HIC cancelation is not used for them... :lol: The only way to use this money for them is a guest replacement (but isn't it to late ?)

But i'm like you : I hope we will have a replacement guest :thumbup:

yea i wasnt trying to start an arguement , but back to the photothing youve still gained an extra photo free or not, and yea i might not be able to afford lockdown 2 yet but i belive in accepting a good guesture and being thankful for it no matter if i gain from it or not, i hope its not too late but with 7 days till the event im not sure who would be willing to do that? anyway im thankful to sm whatever happens even if sm got back the money from henry [not including travel] they have still lost alot considering like only 150 people or so are going to this event and they have to pay for the 4 guests travel etc, i mean if love a replacement but i in no way think sm have gained profit from HIC cancellation.

Edited by nikstar1989