Hotel Reservations

Just a quickie. Thoughs of you who stayed at the Park Inn was it worth the money you paid for it?

And how much did the rooms cost?

And what was included in the price (Break fast etc)?

Did any of you stay at the Ibis across the road if so what was that like price wise etc?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid £70 a night for 2 people... got the smallest hotel room i've ever stayed in, bathroom so small i couldn't open the door fully, roof view... no mini bar... breakfast, but mass produced... I stay at Holiday inn at MK for £50 a night, no brekkie, but its a lovely room.

• Moderators

I genuinely couldn't have cared less about the room.

It was more about the location, and ease of popping back to it whenever you wanted to etc. It really does make a lot of difference, and I can't imagine me having fun going back and forth between the venue and another hotel.

Granted, it looks like sh!t from the outside, and it's one of the noisiest hotels I've ever been in but the room was fine for what it was .. I don't spend much time in there anyways.

Well I must say i think the room wasn't too bad, coulda been a little better, but I thought it was fine, the breakfast and closeness to the con *being in the same building of course* was just awesome, yeah it's no jury's inn but nothing is as good as that place :lol:

It's true that there are great hotels in MK (the jury's Inn is so great), but my room in the Park Inn this week-end was big and great.

Perhaps lizzy you have not had chance...^_^

But i heard they are making renovation's works in some of the rooms.

This hotel was really better than some of the hotels where some of others cons happens :borg:

I think this hotel is one of the great surprises of the week-end !

Edited by sebastianillyria

I stayed in the Park Inn. It is looking a tad jaded these days, but I understand a refurbishment is due. It was incredibly handy staying in the same venue as the event.

The food was rubbish though, and the bar was small, there were people sitting on the floor as far as the eye could see.

Nice big hall for the talks and parties.

My room was ok. The shower took about 15 minutes to heat up, but I put that down to being on the 7th floor.

There are only two lifts for the whole hotel, which are small, and clanky.

The view is fab!

However I think I will be booking the Ibis for next time :thumbup:

they were scary! It said inside that they fitted a max of 8 people...we could fit about 5 at the most..trust me, it was very intimate in there XD and they took ages to arrive at the ground floor! i stood there for ages looking like a complete wally because the lift hadnt arrived, so i took the stairs on more than one occasion as they took so long! oh, and we also got crushed in the lift by one of the staff and her huge towel bin trolly thing! she squashed us right at the back, so she had to get out to let us out at our floor! very rude!

I stayed the Ibis and had a fantastic room (view was rubbish - but I didn't come sightseeing).....I had a twin room and it was huge! Although Pez and River's room was tiny at the Ibis (but that might have been from the amount of mess everywhere! - sorry girls). Didn't have breakfast there so can't comment on that and the parking (although convenient) cost me £17 for Saturday and Sunday. I'm undecided about where to stay for E2 (booked Park Inn)... the ease of staying in the convention hotel and not having to lug umbrella and coat about all day seems appealing to me. With the weather at E1 being total rubbish - I restorted to being unofficial Sarmy taxi and driving across the road to the Park Inn!

With regard to the lifts in Park Inn .... I take it they had stairs as well (hope so) ... don't really like cranky lifts.

Lifts in Ibis were good - once you got used to having to swipe your key card to actually go anywhere....

Only down side was my room was right down a very long corridor and when I so badly needed my bed Saturday night my key card wouldn't work so had to go back to reception to get it re-set and then my door wouldn't lock.

the parking (although convenient) cost me £17 for Saturday and Sunday.

I phoned the Ibis today to enquire about booking for Eclipse 2. She told me the carparking is £5 per over night, with a maximum charge of £9. Not sure why it cost you £17.

Edited by swan

they were scary! It said inside that they fitted a max of 8 people...we could fit about 5 at the most..trust me, it was very intimate in there

Sam fit 11 people in (10 of which were Showmaster Crew) and a glass of wine :lol:

the parking (although convenient) cost me £17 for Saturday and Sunday.

I phoned the Ibis today to enquire about booking for Eclipse 2. She told me the carparking is £5 per over night, with a maximum charge of £9. Not sure why it cost you £17.

I parked from 7.30am - 8.30pm cost was £6.00, then overnight it cost £5.10. and sorry it was my mistake I should have said it would have cost £17.00. But as I parked in the Park Inn on Sunday I didn't have to pay for Sunday but assumed it would have cost another £6.00 - sorry for the misunderstanding. But it did cost me £11.10 and for more or less one days parking.

I stayed at The Park Inn... as mentioned above, the rooms are a bit jaded, wallpaper coming loose in parts, the curatins in need of buring and new ones to be hung up instead...

But the room size/bathroom were perfectly fine. The room cost was £60 per night (that was £30 per person), and it included Breakfast, which I actually though was pretty nice... much better than other hotels I have stay at where I actually PAID for crap breakfast...

Also, guests who stayed at The Park Inn got extra presents from showmasters, so another good reason to stay there (if they plan on doing that again next time)

Also, staying at the Hotel is soooo convenient... great for when there is an hour of down time or something, u can go back to your room and catch up on an hour of sleep (since u wont be getting any at night!!)

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

The rooms at the Park Inn are big enough, but as everyone has said they are long over due a refurbishment. And some standardising. Between all my friends rooms I don't think any two had the same type or numbers of tables chairs and units in them.

Thought the beds were nice and comfy though.

I paid £60 per night BB and prefer to stay at the con hotel as it makes life just so much easier when you need a wee break or that. And helps for storing food and drink if your into that sort of thing :)

:wub:

I stayed the Ibis and had a fantastic room (view was rubbish - but I didn't come sightseeing).....I had a twin room and it was huge! Although Pez and River's room was tiny at the Ibis (but that might have been from the amount of mess everywhere! - sorry girls).

hmmm, thier room seemed bigger than ours in the park inn i think, cant remember, i know i was shocked about something when i went in there, could have been because it was so nice and modern looking while ours looked like it was from the 60s XD not sure lol

Stayed at the Park Inn and had no complaints about the room itself. Paid 240 for 4 nights (for 3 of us). 60 a night per room.

Loved the breakfast though we were continuously prompted to leave or so as our plates were taken away before we finished o.O

It's easy to stay in the same hotel as the convention as we could just run up and down to change clothes for the parties, drop stuff off or drop dead on the bed hehe

The only thing I didn't like was that wifi was SO expensive, it's apparently free at the Ibis. We just made our way to MacDonald's every day for free Internet LOL

The rooms at the Park Inn are big enough, but as everyone has said they are long over due a refurbishment. And some standardising. Between all my friends rooms I don't think any two had the same type or numbers of tables chairs and units in them.

Didn't everyone bring a load of extra chairs into my room one night? Pizza night perhaps? I remember there being extra chairs anyway :blush:

The breakfast was horrible on the Saturday, and was better on Sunday, and was quite nice on Monday. The bedroom was alright, I've stayed in far worse for a lot more money to be honest and it was very convenient. Booked again there for Eclipse too. :D

i have a question

is it posseble to put a airbed into the room for a extra space in the room, i hav ebooked a double room with one kind size bed in it.

or can we ask if ther eis a way to put a matras on the floor.

but there are three of us.

help me please

I paid £60 a night at the Park Inn and my room was fine, very comfy beds. Even if the rooms arent great, I think its worth it to stay at the con hotel and be able to just crash whenever rather than trekking to another one.

My sister and I stayed at the Ibis, and it cost me £125 for three nights (for both of us) Plus £5.95 each for breakfast which was rubbish (toast & cereal and cold meats and yoghurts :/) An additional £25 for the car park (as you have to park in the sol centre car park and it's not owned by them so no discount even) -

It's very convenient distance wise just a few minutes walk across the road (but nowhere near as handy as being in the same building - especially when its raining etc) Wifi is not free you have to pay £12 an hour! (or something close to that) The rooms themselves are standard Ibis rooms, fairly modern, nice big size, with modern bathroom (only a shower no bath) - Lack of towels was odd though - 2 small ones for 2 of us? (can request more at reception, but they kept taking them away) Tv was basic 5 channels plus a couple of extras.

We have booked The Park inn this time because the breakfast sounds good, parking is free, and we are just too darn lazy to walk across the road! lol (Hopefully they will have done up the rooms by then?)

you get the ibis for 120 for 3 nites if you book online there renovating aswell work started the monday we left e1... you do have to pay extra for wifi and the breaki was poop. but subway is just down the road ...

if you ring the hotel you pay basic rates if you book on the web you should get the 'ibis weekend deal' 37 fri sat 50 sun..

unless they took it off i know i ened up paying more but they normaly only do that about 2 month before