Park Inn Hotel !

I suggest anybody who stayed at the Park Inn over the weekend check their bank statements and credit card statements. I've just checked mine and they have taken payment for my room twice. Once when I checked in (supposedly only a pre-authorisation) and again when I checked out! Am now waiting for a telephone call back from the accounts department to sort this out. Grrr.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest anybody who stayed at the Park Inn over the weekend check their bank statements and credit card statements. I've just checked mine and they have taken payment for my room twice. Once when I checked in (supposedly only a pre-authorisation) and again when I checked out! Am now waiting for a telephone call back from the accounts department to sort this out. Grrr.....

This happened to me at the Ibis at another event. i now always pay my bill by cash just to avoid this

Although they took my credit card details when I arrived I actually paid in cash when I checked out, so I shall keep an eye out for my statement, because if it is on there, I will be mightly miffed.

Same here.

Just checked my statement and it's showing an unposted amount of £250.00. The Park Inn is the only place I've used it, so it must be related but I don't get why it would be for that amount as opposed to £180.00. Anyway, am hoping that's just the pre-authorisation and that it will disappear!

i mentioned on check in the i didn't want any authorisations on my room (for say breakfast in bed or room service or whatever) i'll get my boyfriend to check his card but she said they would only pre-authorise £180, asked for it that way after problems we've had at the Thistle in the past

SAME HERE!!

They also charged me twice! I have sent them an email but got no reply and I cannot phone them because I´m in Spain and my english isn´t that good, I dunno what to do :headscratch:

Edited by KarenRoss

i would say wait a few days, then contact the bank if the first charge hasn't disappeared

this same problem occured with a hotel in last October and it did sort itself out its just the way they hold the money first then do the actual charge

Yeah, Ibis appears to have charged me twice too, but I had this problem when I bought my Wii and within a few days it all balanced out and they'd only charged me once. Hopefully this is the case for this too.

My bf had that when he got his wii, again, all sorted.... dixons online was it?

My account seems to be ok, money taken off available... if they took it off twice, i'd be v mad as it'd push me overdrawn!!!!

Edited by Lizzy

SAME HERE!!

They also charged me twice! I have sent them an email but got no reply and I cannot phone them because I´m in Spain and my english isn´t that good, I dunno what to do :thumbup:

Check your last credit card statement for a customer service number. It should be somewhere in the upper right corner. (At least that's where it is for my German card.)

Tell those people what happened and then they'll let you know what to do exactly.

I was double charged at a French hotel once.

VISA had me fax a copy of the credit card statement and the hotel bill. They took off the second charge right away and told me they'd settle things directly with the hotel. I never heard of the whole thing again and the charge never showed up again either.

Yeah, Ibis appears to have charged me twice too, but I had this problem when I bought my Wii and within a few days it all balanced out and they'd only charged me once. Hopefully this is the case for this too.

My bf had that when he got his wii, again, all sorted.... dixons online was it?

My account seems to be ok, money taken off available... if they took it off twice, i'd be v mad as it'd push me overdrawn!!!!

No, it was Gamestation. My bank told me they couldn't do anything until I'd spoken to GS about it, but it balanced out within a couple of days. I basically can't buy a silver ticket until this is sorted (and until I find if anyone is coming with me!), so it'd best get sorted ASAP.

Sheesh! Just realised I was charged £70 a night when on the Eclipse website it stated £60 a night. ^_^

Upgraded business rooms were 70 a night, even during Eclipse. My friend had one too, but was informed of the higher price beforehand. You should see if you're able to check the type of room they gave you!

Sheesh! Just realised I was charged £70 a night when on the Eclipse website it stated £60 a night. ^_^

Upgraded business rooms were 70 a night, even during Eclipse. My friend had one too, but was informed of the higher price beforehand. You should see if you're able to check the type of room they gave you!

If I had an upgraded room - I wasn't particularly impressed with it. But thanks for that. I shall call the hotel to find out.

I saw her room and compared to mine the only difference was two extra chairs (which actually made the room seem smaller, because it was so full), a bottle of water and a rubber duck in the bath room o.O Good luck sorting it out!

Yep it was a business class room.

Just booked my room for Eclipse 2, and all they had left was a smoking twin, which I had to take.

*gags*

Any non smoker with any tips of staying in a smoking room - of how to get rid of the god awful smell, please let me know!

Thanks

and a rubber duck in the bath room

Now I am miffed - because I didn't get a rubber duck! ^_^