Eclipse 2 - how many people bought tickets?

Babbler

Eclipse 2 - How many sold?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Select a ticket you bought!

• Gold
    • Silver
    • Standard
    • Child

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver!

I thought the gold were way overpriced this time. An extra £100 over the silver JUST for a group photoshoot (£40 at this one) plus front seats? £60 for some front seats and a cocktail party?

Thank you! I thought exactly the same!

I went for a silver pass this time around (was standard for eclipse 1)

I asked about hotel rooms, the Park inn said they are completly booked up/sold out of rooms for eclipse 2 weekend, and the ibis is running out very fast already too.

if you're only checking online then the Park Inn will show no availablity as they've set aside the rooms for the convention not for general booking. You'll need to phone them up to book.

Yes, I looked online a couple of weeks ago and it was showing fully booked then for 14-16th Novemebr, because they were reserved for eclipse 2.

I booked my room last night about 8.30pm and the lady on the desk told me they only had 45 rooms left. Obviously other people have booked this morning, so I doubt they will have rooms available for very long now.

we all booked standard tickets (i think we got around numbers 53-ish)

and we booked hotel rooms for the park inn- we wer at the ibis this weekend. i heard all the room for eclipse 2 sold out yesterday as well, any1 know if thats true??

Definitely not true. I called a few minutes ago and got offered a single, a double, or a twin. When I asked for a twin they still had two different types available - I *HATED* the decoration (or, you know, the peeling wallpaper and cigarette burns on the lamps and curtains), the industrial strength cellotape holding the carpet to the floor and the broken bathroom door) and how grotty the rooms seem to be, so when offered an 'upgraded, newly redecorated room' for an extra £10, I jumped at the chance.

Edited by Psychosis

we all booked standard tickets (i think we got around numbers 53-ish)

and we booked hotel rooms for the park inn- we wer at the ibis this weekend. i heard all the room for eclipse 2 sold out yesterday as well, any1 know if thats true??

Seems some people have been told no, while others have been told yes and able to book rooms :D

I booked 2 silver tickets on Sunday morning, and then we booked our hotel room later on Sunday afternoon. Some friends booked their rooms this morning as we were checking out and there was still good room availability.

Edited by Lena

I once again recommend Holiday Inn.

10 min drive/taxi ride away and the rooms for £50 for 2 nights were AMAZING. From reports from others staying at the other hotels Holiday Inn's actually sounded the nicest. Id recommend it.

Thats cheap! Our room cost £39 per night :( - it was nice though BUT we have booked at the park inn for the next one for the following reasons:

1) It cost us about £22 in taxis to go to the con and back (both of us drink at the parties)

2) Brekkie is included

3) You can go to your room for a rest easily when there is nothing happening (e.g.group photos which you dont attend)

4) Can store snacks and drinks in the room saving money on that.

5) Can store autographs once you get them and keep them safe.

6) Get exclusive room gift (not guaranteed) which I liked the look of!

Worked out the extra £40 we are paying to stay at park inn is worth it! Also we then dont have to both leave the party at same time if either of us is tired! :) Its £70 per night for the business room or £60 for the standard.

i'm having to get a silver online because NOOOOOOO cash machine had any money in it on sunday .... but i get paid on weds so i can put money on my card. the ibis did say that they had rooms this morning

i've just booked my room online.

the ibis was really nice double room was big twin room was massive! i saw the park inn rooms and they looked like they were held to gether with pixidust and happy thoughts

Edited by pez

I'd heard that the Park Inn was booked solid for the November Con already. So put it down to people booking for the next con whilst at the con.

So I booked the same room at the Ibis upon departure today.

Based on what people have said about some of the rooms at the Park Inn being in poor condition, I think I've made the right choice.