What happened to Alice Krige?

I'm sure Showmasters will get Ms Krige to a future event, as the saying says, the show goes on... and even without her it went on and was a good show, I don't know all the crewmembers by name but two I do know by name are Luke & Jess so big thanks to them and to the lady who was Doug Bradley's crew member on Saturday!

Matt

All I know as the the member of the crew that was meant to be looking after Ms Krige on Saturday is that we didn't know untill 11.30ish that she wasn't showing up not sure exactly the reasons why but there you go...so after my little 10min 'I hate Alice Krige" rant..none of which i actually meant and still would love to meet her one of these days, I got down to running round looking for other jobs to do ending up talking to and taking the photos of all the loverly people in Emma's queue in the afternoon. I did see you around Matt (now Wookie told me who you were as i'm not good with names) glad you had a good time.

In my opinion I think it's a bit rude of a guest to cancel at that last minute, unless there's an important thing like an unexpected family matter that occured which makes it impossible to leave. Or maybe changed work schedules.. Of course work should always be a priority.

What was the reason why she cancelled at that last minute?

Edited by Kazonolga

• Showmasters Admin

The reason why nothing went up prior to the show about Alice not appearing is that the first we knew of it was when Alice didn't show up on Saturday. Alice was handling her own travel arrangements as far as we knew. Hence we had no advance warning that she wasn't turning up. We did try to get hold of both Alice and her agent to find out if a problem had arisen, but were unable to do so. Once it became likely that she was more than simply delayed, we took Alice's board down. Since we didn't know exactly what had happened and it remained a possibility that she was simply victim of a late flight, and might still make the Sunday, we did not announce anything on the forum. Apologies; in hindsight we probably should have, but at the time we had limited internet access at the venue, a multitude of other urgent things to attend to, and frankly, no better idea of what had happened than any of the attendees.

We found out late yesterday, when Alice's agent in LA became available, that her non-attendance was down to something as simple and stupid as a date mix-up. The staff member at the agency tasked with keeping track of Alice's diary had put down Alice's appearance at Manchester in the wrong weekend of the diary. As far as Alice was aware, her appearance was scheduled for next month; the mix-up is not Alice's fault, and she's as disappointed about letting down the fans as the fans are about missing out the chance to meet her. It's not the agent's fault either, though one of her staff is going to have strips ripped off them for the error. Obviously we'll see if we can get Alice to attend another event instead, so that at least some of those who missed seeing her get another opportunity to meet her.

The reason why nothing went up prior to the show about Alice not appearing is that the first we knew of it was when Alice didn't show up on Saturday. Alice was handling her own travel arrangements as far as we knew. Hence we had no advance warning that she wasn't turning up. We did try to get hold of both Alice and her agent to find out if a problem had arisen, but were unable to do so. Once it became likely that she was more than simply delayed, we took Alice's board down. Since we didn't know exactly what had happened and it remained a possibility that she was simply victim of a late flight, and might still make the Sunday, we did not announce anything on the forum. Apologies; in hindsight we probably should have, but at the time we had limited internet access at the venue, a multitude of other urgent things to attend to, and frankly, no better idea of what had happened than any of the attendees.

We found out late yesterday, when Alice's agent in LA became available, that her non-attendance was down to something as simple and stupid as a date mix-up. The staff member at the agency tasked with keeping track of Alice's diary had put down Alice's appearance at Manchester in the wrong weekend of the diary. As far as Alice was aware, her appearance was scheduled for next month; the mix-up is not Alice's fault, and she's as disappointed about letting down the fans as the fans are about missing out the chance to meet her. It's not the agent's fault either, though one of her staff is going to have strips ripped off them for the error. Obviously we'll see if we can get Alice to attend another event instead, so that at least some of those who missed seeing her get another opportunity to meet her.

Thanks for the update SM, hope she can make another date.