What happened to Alice Krige?

Rather sadly i have the original on the wall next to my signed Evil Dead poster. I also have a copy in the family photo album, its also my picture for my profile on Facebook and the wallpaper on my desktop.

Cant tell that i was excited to see the man can you!!!

Luckily my girlfriend is very understanding :)

Ive also since last weekend invested in Adventures of Brisco County Jr, Jack of All Trades, Nutt House, Menno's Mind and Assault on Dome 4.......agggghhhhh its getting out of control :) and all this with a 2 year old and my second on the way in November!!!

Thats not like her, shes been to loads and seems really nice to me... poss mis-communication?

I agree, she was very very nice when I met her, I don't think it's like her to just not turn up, she's far too polite for that.

I heard it was a VERY last min cancellation, as in, they didnt even know anything until it was far too late to do anything about it/warn people as the event was in progress and obviously all of the SM team wernt at a computer.

Edited by crippsy_99

I heard it was a VERY last min cancellation, as in, they didnt even know anything until it was far too late to do anything about it/warn people as the event was in progress and obviously all of the SM team wernt at a computer.

Oh :smile: shame, at least I didn't miss her today, I've got a photo album with photos of me and various guests in it, I got Marina and Doug to sign the ones of themselves and I wanted to get Alice to sign hers too, oh well maybe next time!

cmon anybody can get internet wherever they are these days so thats no excuse,would have took 30 seconds to update.

From Friday the organisers will be working for the better part of the day. The crew work from 7:30am-6:45pm and the organisers are there long before we get there and long after we leave! Where is this magic time coming from to stroll out to an internet parlour or something? And that's assuming that an email was sent for them to receive.

Edited by Psychosis

I'm sure Showmasters will get Ms Krige to a future event, as the saying says, the show goes on... and even without her it went on and was a good show, I don't know all the crewmembers by name but two I do know by name are Luke & Jess so big thanks to them and to the lady who was Doug Bradley's crew member on Saturday!

Matt

Don't worry, some people just enjoy criticising this event, and love it if there's an opportunity to moan :crying:

Granted there are some people who if you gave them a free fiver would complain that it was creased and dirty, but consider this as an opportunity for improving customer service. Yes people can cancel at very literally the last minute, but some folks might appreciate the warning; it might save them a wasted journey, or perhaps mean that they don't have to leave quite so early. If nobody from SM (nor any forum moderators at the show) has 'net access at the show or in their hotel, or easily available nearby, for a five minute post to the forum, perhaps they could phone any moderator who is not at the show and ask them to make a post. Yes, I know the forum doesn't reach everyone, but some is better than none. And no, it might not be feasible for every show, but then it probably wouldn't be needed for every show anyway.

• Moderators

Yes, I know the forum doesn't reach everyone, but some is better than none. And no, it might not be feasible for every show, but then it probably wouldn't be needed for every show anyway.

Oh I respect the point, and if it's ever possible then it certainly would be useful, but I'm sure people are more likely to listen to the suggestion from someone that isn't going around criticising everything at every opportunity.

Those kinda people on here unfortunately have their possibly good points marred by the fact they're clearly out to stir things up. It can all gets lost behind the troublemaking.

Yes, I know the forum doesn't reach everyone, but some is better than none. And no, it might not be feasible for every show, but then it probably wouldn't be needed for every show anyway.

Oh I respect the point, and if it's ever possible then it certainly would be useful, but I'm sure people are more likely to listen to the suggestion from someone that isn't going around criticising everything at every opportunity.

Those kinda people on here unfortunately have their possibly good points marred by the fact they're clearly out to stir things up. It can all gets lost behind the troublemaking.

You don't think that maybe YOUR posts go someway to stirring up the trouble that you are referring to? I don't know whether you have a medical condition (thinking somehting like OCD), but you seem to feel the need to post a defense of Showmasters in absolutely EVERY thread on this forum! Whilst sometimes I defend Showmasters and sometimes I pass on (what I hope is) constructive criticism, I recognise that sometimes the point made is valid. It should have been possible to post something on here warning about a late cancellation, that's not an unreasonable suggestion, yet you seem to have the compulsion to argue with it.