Looks Like Were Getting No New Guests.

It's an akward topic really, because everyone has guests they would love to meet, that others wouldnt.

For example there alot of people who meet people who were in Star Wars for 10 seconds, or were in the background for Doctor Who which wouldnt interest me in the slightest.. but I would LOVE to meet David Steinberg, who's credit's are limited to willow, Epic Movie, and an episode of Are You Afraid Of The Dark (but i know there is no chance of meeting him because he wouldnt draw in enough fans sadly.)

So everyone has there quirks with guests.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally im travelling 740 mile round trip just to meet 2 people and even if they cancelled i would still make the journey but thats just me! yes cancellations are unfortunate and do get to some people but this is life ... we are all old enough to accept it :D

Oh and just cus i said he would be cool to meet dont mean i fancy him, i just think he seems a cool person, i think its nice to meet less a listers they always turn out to be nice.

Backtracking there a bit :D hehe!!

Jaynee, how many hours is that for you? I was going to have a 4 hr each way trip, but I've chickened out, what with the petrol costs and all :unsure:

As for saying that Manchester should have the same "calibre" of guests of MK as it has an airport is a big city etc, well the same should then be said for the Glasgow events. But its just not practical. It costs more to get the guests here, not all guests want to travel from London, especially those not from the UK.

I wasn't commenting on the "calibre" of the guests....I have been to every Manchester one so far, have always had a great time and met some really great people, I was just saying that Manchester isn't difficult to get to, it bugs me when people think that nothing exists or is a pain to get to if it's any further than the midlands (we have the same issues at work where all the Manchester based people have to constantly travel to London because they refuse to acknowledge we have an office that can hold meetings in Manchester)!!!

And it is a pain travelling down to London/Milton Keynes for these things....it's nice sometimes to have these things on our doorstep here in the North West!!

And i'll repeat it again just so there's no misunderstanding, I am not nor have I ever stated that I have any kind of issue or disappointment with the guests that are attending, i'm looking forward to it, up bright and early tomorrow morning!! :)

I mean come on, it would not be so bad if we got free entry like everyone else but no were charged to get in while everyone else seem's to be free (anyone know why this is?)

I'm not going to comment on other organisers' shows here, but I would point out that the SM events in Coventry (Midlands), Glasgow and London also all have entry fees, as does the Autographica event, and of course their weekend conventions. The only events that don't have entry fees are the ones in Milton Keynes, which being held in a public area (a shopping centre) preclude the levying of an entry fee.

So, much as you may wish to portray this as a policy designed solely to bleed Mancunians of a few extra quid, your contention that "everyone else" gets free entry is a load of old shoemakers...

Edited by TommyT

• Moderators

As the MK show is held in a 'hall' (i.e. big space) in the Centre:MK (shopping centre), they can't charge entry for it.

So all the usual attendees can just turn up, and then you get shoppers and stuff going past etc too :D

I've been to many different events over the years be it to do with film, sports, music, etc and I must say the guests that SM do put us into contact with are usually always the best.

Each organiser brings different positives to their events and the styles. I go to the SM events because of the guests they bring (just remember this time round you are still getting 2 Heroes guests, a rare Buffy guest and a little something for everybody in terms of horror and comedy guests too). And I will go to a certain other event because of the vast amount of stalls and activities to do throughout a weekend. I will admit the lineup is a little "thin" compared to past events. Just last night I was reading through an old magazine and it had an advert for the first Manchester event, the lineup was huge! But that doesn't mean there isn't any quality there. Hell, I'm only going to meet like 2 people but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the day :)

And yes some guests do come online to these forums, Kenny Baker is usually always on here so has probably seen the "sleeping Kenny" tribute thread from Midlands :P

When a lineup usually doesn't have lots of guests I want to meet, something I try to do is get friends to come along who DO have people attending they would like to meet, but have never been to an event before. It's always fun showing them round telling them about everything sound like a "know it all" :P

But anyways I'm waffling on. Got to go shower and get ready to drive to Manchester. I'm just gutted DavidB isn't there to compliment guests for me ;)

Edited by sweetj_nomad

• Moderators

ah makes sense. so how do people make money then?

Well I suppose they get a lot more people getting autographs because there's the casual attendees and the shoppers who'll say "wow, that's **** off the telly!", and they'll buy autos or photos or stuff off the stalls etc.

And yes some guests do come online to these forums, Kenny Baker is usually always on here so has probably seen the "sleeping Kenny" tribute thread from Midlands :P

And an awesome topic that was!

But anyways I'm waffling on. Got to go shower and get ready to drive to Manchester. I'm just gutted DavidB isn't there to compliment guests for me ;)

It's a little too far for me to travel just to entertain people unfortunately :P

ah makes sense. so how do people make money then?

Well I suppose they get a lot more people getting autographs because there's the casual attendees and the shoppers who'll say "wow, that's **** off the telly!", and they'll buy autos or photos or stuff off the stalls etc.

yeah true I didnt think of it that way in all honesty. I will be there regardless

Well personally I think this Manchester one has a great line up, just because they aren't seen on telly as much doesn't mean they are going to be a lesser of a nice person. Some of the things that you have said The Dark Knight are really not nice.

Can't wait to go tomorrow.

Edited by Doctor Who

I can because at least two of them told me so, and said no one else from their TV shows will go again either!

I would love to know which cons stars didn't like to attend and which shows you were talking about! But I know you can't tell me on here. Oh pooh!

I'm too young for the A-Team, doesn't mean I'll knock it.

Im too young for the A-Team but will go and meet them because they are icons of 80s tv

I PERSONALLY (please note that) dont get the hype with a lot of sci-fi shows because:

a) they aint my thing

:blink: i havent got time to MAKE SURE I watch them and never miss an episode

c) dont believe in the themes of the tv

*no I wont be going any further about who and what because thats the point*

I also dont and will not get the hype around Dr Who but will never knock the people who I know who love the thing and all "things" relating to it

Some people think im sad for loving the busters as much as I do. Im not bothered, I will happily admit that its my fav film and I love it but I wont be knocking people that have lets say the first Star Trek movie as their fav as if everyone had the same interests then it would be a boring and dull place

peace and lecture out

Lee

I can because at least two of them told me so, and said no one else from their TV shows will go again either!

Well, last event was great with only 12 guests but nearly all of them were first-time signers. But okay let's not start a new debate.

In reference to your quoting, is this a shiw with only numbers in it ? :blink:;)

Look at my sig- someone who went to an SM show recently... had a mah-hoosive rant about the other show. But I've said this before, nothing new. Those from the show with numbers can make up their own minds, but i think I know what they will think!!!

I know another certain show who can't get ANY decent guests anymore because they treat them badly... they have 1 guest announced for may, whereas SM have LOADS (tho u don't seem to know Patrick has cancelled).

to be fair it is a pretty big/rare f!@£%in guest!

if it is the one I think that you speak of i think they need to sign up a few more sci fi/fantasy/horror guests

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many dull sports personalities

I agree. All round I think SM is probably the best!