What's will all the cancellations?

How come there's been so many cancellations for this event. One i could possibly understand but five is far too many?

Also, are there going to replacements for any of the guests who have cancelled? In particular, is there gong to be a replacement for Hayden Panettiere as she cancelled a while ago and still no replacement has been announced for her.

• Showmasters Admin

I think its because the writers strike is over, this has meant a lot of guest who had spare time are now able to return to work.

yes thats the reason behind 3 of them not being able to attend

the others was just unlucky thats life

we will keep working on guests till the last day before the show

so we will see

see you there

jason :blink:

Now Brian Blessed has cancelled too!!! It's going to take a miracle to save this event now.

What on earth is going on? The writers strike ending may explain losing American guests but not British ones.

This really is getting ridiculous. Showmasters are really going to have their work cut out to make up for this.

• Moderators

Now Brian Blessed has cancelled too!!! It's going to take a miracle to save this event now.

What on earth is going on? The writers strike ending may explain losing American guests but not British ones.

This really is getting ridiculous. Showmasters are really going to have their work cut out to make up for this.

Why? No-one knows what the work committments are - a British person can easily be in an American TV show or a Hollywood movie etc.

If this event gets a big name I may travel down from Scotland to it!

What this event needs is a local lad like Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who or Heroes anyone?), Sir Ian McKellen or Dom Monaghan!

That'd be brill!

Christopher Eccleston is an exceptionally private person. Much like John Simm. Both of them hate the "fame" side of their profession and seem try and avoid it when they can. The claim that you will never see either at a convention is an honest one.

Edited by Princess83

It's going to take a miracle to save this event now.

For you, perhaps, but there are lots of people who are happy already with the lineup. I myself am already struggling to get the cash together to meet everyone I want to see this weekend.

It's going to take a miracle to save this event now.

For you, perhaps, but there are lots of people who are happy already with the lineup. I myself am already struggling to get the cash together to meet everyone I want to see this weekend.

Same as, it may not be for your tastes but ive been dying for emma and alot of the people going are lovelly. Showmasters as usual are doing a great job.

another event (not to be named) has 7 star wars signers, what up with that? come on SM pull your finger out

Are there any other forums I can read about this one?

Christopher Eccleston is an exceptionally private person. Much like John Simm. Both of them hate the "fame" side of their profession and seem try and avoid it when they can. The claim that you will never see either at a convention is an honest one.

Never's a very long time. Paul McGann was someone we thought we'd never see, yet he's done quite a few now.

quite often see Christopher shopping where I work.. he's ok with signing but doesnt really enjoy the attention..

Quite honestly, I really wouldn't be bothered if SM got another guest, I'm happy with the guys they have, sure the two main ones I was going to see where Naoko and then Burn when he was announced. But the real big reason I do these events is to meet up with friends that I normally wouldn't get to see.

But I will admit to being surprised at how many guests have cancelled in the past week. That is a lot of folks t lose in such a short space of time, but I wish them luck in whatever they are doing

its a bad shame but if guests cancel
What, you mean opposed to a good shame? :o

another event (not to be named) has 7 star wars signers, what up with that? come on SM pull your finger out
Star Wars schmar-wars. So what? I'm guessing they're 3rd-Stormtrooper-from-the-right types? :D Edited by nicky