Any smokers here?

Phoenix Will Rise

Do you smoke?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes
    • No

I admit i smoke like a chinmey and its getting silly now. Didn't used to smoke that much like 5 cigerettes a day but since starting to go out with my now ex boyfriend my habit went up to like 15-20 a day. Tried cutting down but the most ive got to so far is like 5 a day again but then something goes wrong in my life and i end up buying a 20 deck and demoilishing it in a matter of hours. Should quit at some point just dont know when yet.

Exactly the same here :blush: I know what you mean...sending you a hug... >.<

Never smoked myself - although I got my sense of smell back when my "60 a day" dad stopped smoking when I was 14! (my god that's over ahem years ago) :crying: Now if someone can come up with a way of stopping my addiction to Chocolate........

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

Have smoked on and off for years. It is not a stereotypical addiction, and I can stop and go without for weeks whenever I want. I see no reason to stop, and my Doctor has never bugged me about it. He wants me to lose a few pounds in weight, even though my vitals are ok. So, smoking is fine for me personally and I get mine wholesale saving a packet.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was ickle, There were these educational vids at my primary school (Dunno what age i was, but younger than 10 at least) and there was one on smoking- and it really put me off- images can make an impression on a child, and I think of this vid when I think of smoking.

There was this woman who would "shrink" and explore parts of the body, and she looked at a smoker's lungs from the inside- as though she was standing in them. It was inaccurate in the sense that lungs are more sponge than open space, but the theory was pretty much spot on... She was stood in this black tar lining, and it was think and black and gooey and sticking to her. Thats basically what the tar is built up when you've been smoking- so I just think of all those lil droplets building up to make that gunge lining your lungs- puts me right off!

Well I have to say I'm rather proud of myself the past few days. I've gone from smoking 20-30 a day down to less than 10!!!!! Today I've only had 6 :YAHOO:

It's soooooo freaking hard and the lack of will power is killing me - although not as much as what smoking has been doing to me over the years. But I'll get there in the end. I aim to be totally ciggie free by the end of the month. :WINCE:

I shall stay strong :smile:

This thread is weird.. it keeps showing up on my new posts list- but this isn't a new post :blink: Its the third time its done it now! No... 4th! It says that Jola posted... Today at 12.38pm! (Today being 25th May), but obv not... anyone else get that?

Edited by Lizzy

Well I'm getting there..... I'm now only down to 2-3 a day :D

And very well done to you as well! Fantastic job and very proud!

I smoke and have no specific intention of giving up.......but then how much I smoke depends on my mood and who am with. It is a pain cost wise although I tend to buy in bulk when go to the US and having just run out and relaised its £6 a packet has had an impact on my thoughts.

You give me hope that I could do it Jola! ;)