Guest Cancellation - Robert Beltran

Oh great, the only guest I was looking forward to seeing. I might not bother now as these events are getting too much about Dr Who/Torchwood, which are both crap shows.

I

wrong

Torchwood whilst derivative is pretty much on fire this series and is a lot better than the american "here today gone tommorow" shows which have far bigger budgets

as for Doctor Who which is nearing its 45 anniversary and is more popular than its ever been ill take your comments with a pinch

Edited by vintageSW77

Oh great, the only guest I was looking forward to seeing. I might not bother now as these events are getting too much about Dr Who/Torchwood, which are both crap shows.

I

wrong

Torchwood whilst derivative is pretty much on fire this series and is a lot better than the american "here today gone tommorow" shows which have far bigger budgets

as for Doctor Who which is nearing its 45 anniversary and is more popular than its ever been ill take your comments with a pinch

I do agree with Steve. I have no interest in Dr Who and Torchwood, and I think (in my opinion) they are poor shows. Most of us have minds of our own, so telling us how long it's been running isn't likely to make us suddenly change our minds.

That said, I just ignore the DW/Torchwood guests and go for the ones that interest me!

I

wrong

I do agree with Steve. I have no interest in Dr Who and Torchwood, and I think (in my opinion) they are poor shows. Most of us have minds of our own, so telling us how long it's been running isn't likely to make us suddenly change our minds.

That said, I just ignore the DW/Torchwood guests and go for the ones that interest me!

well there you go

diff strokes for dif folks

i wasnt attempting to convert anybody

i dont need to play the ambassador for Who

we all have guests we avoid

im exactly the same with the random peeps from various cancelled or soon to be cancelled american tv shows so there you go

i didnt have a clue who the black bloke from Heroes was on Sat at Midlands whilst he was on a walkabout in fact i thought he was a punter till someone pointed out he was out of the show

someones big name is anothers nobody

thats the way it is

Edited by vintageSW77

I

wrong

well there you go

diff strokes for dif folks

i wasnt attempting to convert anybody

i dont need to play the ambassador for Who

we all have guests we avoid

im exactly the same with the random peeps from various cancelled or soon to be cancelled american tv shows so there you go

i didnt have a clue who the black bloke from Heroes was on Sat at Midlands whilst he was on a walkabout in fact i thought he was a punter till someone pointed out he was out of the show

someones big name is anothers nobody

thats the way it is

I have to say, Doctor Who is a big thing at the moment, with Torchwood, but to say that it is the main theme of the cons these days is a little OTT. There is usually at least one person from Star Trek, Dr Who, Star Wars and Heroes at the conventions. Although Midlands had quite a lot of Dr Who names, they had bigger names from everything else. New stuff is coming out every day, and its difficult to account for everyones tastes. The writers strike conclusion has put a lot of HUGE names back to work, so there may be a quite spell for a little bit; use it to save up your pennies for when they come flooding back! :D

id like to point out im more a fan of the old Who rather the new Who

im as uninterested in who played a weeping angel or a RTD era cyberman as the average con attendee

Edited by vintageSW77

Crippsy, thanks, but we neeeed someone to confirm lol!!!

Apparently its LFCC! Doesnt ANYONE have a flyer they can scan in for us??! lol

:o thank youuu! Slightly makes up for the cancellation... just need a scan of an SM to tell us now!

Jola, thanks for the info about refunds for the Robert photoshoot, I won't begin to query that one. I'd love to meet Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, Denise Crosby, Jonathan Frakes, Gates McFadden or LeVar Burton... even Patrick Stewart and Robert Duncan McNeil would be great guests! I hope the replacement is a trekkie one... how about even Majel Barrett, Walter Koenig, Robert Picardo or Avery Brooks... or even Terry Farrell and Nana Visitor, all people on my to meet list! :)

The replacement is going to have to be someone who lives in or near the UK. I'd imagine that this (Tuesday - they'd have to be here in a few days) is too late notice to organise someone's travel from the US?

I once arranged a LA-based replacement guest for a show where we had lost the guest on the Thursday, and the show was on the Saturday. My business partner of the time booked the replacement's flights as the actor was driving from his home to the airport to catch the plane. So no, it isn't too late yet to arrange someone's travel from the US.