How long did it take you to get there?

Avengers7

Should have took an hour but the AA gave me wrong directions and it took closer to 2!

Still not ages but I was nearly sick with worry about not seeing Bruce when I was lost in the middle of the only town in England with no signs!

I make signs for a living, what town was it?? Could be like a gold mine for me.

LOL I have no idea really its the 2nd junction off the M69 it may be Hickley? I may be making that up, the signs were dreadful we found one that said coventry and then it lead to nowhere - I think they need you!

That would be Hinckley - the M69 - A5 junction to it hsa just been rebuilt and is lacking a lot of signs.

it took me 6 hours to get there from Edinburgh, and left at 4pm on Sunday and finally got back to Edinburgh at 12.20 Monday afternoon.....

How the hell did it take that long?? Im assuming you stopped overnight

I was supposed to do the following

16.25 Coventry to Birmingham arriving at 16.46

17.03 Birmingham to Lockerbie arriving at 20.12

20.25 Lockerbie to Edinburgh by rail replacement service arriving 22.35

Due to a problem at Coventry station, I missed the 16.25 so ended up missing my connection, they stamped my ticket saying they'd made the error. Got to New street, who realized they could only get me as far as Carlisle and were then going to pay for a taxi to take me to Edinburgh , so they put me on a train to Preston station, to then connect with the train to Carlisle.

Got to Preston, only to find out that a freight train had shed some of it's load so there was now no trains running to Scotland at all , There was coaches being laid on, but they could'nt get enough coaches at short notice.

So I arranged with them, to guarantee me travel on the Monday, and arranged to stay with relatives the Sunday night , and they gave me a ticket to Blackburn station, and then supplied a taxi to my relatives.

Got a lift back into Preston station, for a 09.40 service to Edinburgh, which got me into Edinburgh at 12.20 , but I had to go straight to work with all my stuff!

A letter has now been written demanding compensation, as also my direct train to Coventry was an hour late in arriving !

Wonder what'll happen this weekend .....?