Latest Guest Anouncement: Alan Ruck

Krypto

I thought it was for Manchester 4?? The leaflets also said Karen Allen for LFCC but I can't imagine that was for the one after the next either?

Good to see him back, was hoping he'd return I didnt go to Collectormania minus 5 or however far back it was.

Edited by nicky

I met him the last time he was at a Showmasters event, but I have something new I'd like to get signed. When I met him before it was an open queue. I was surprised that there weren't more people wanting to see him, and I'm glad he's coming back to the UK.

Actually... Speed... thinking of it, thats like one of my all time fave movies! Oh dear, I'm really going to have to save up for this one! 8x10, movie poster, scrubs, speed...... Twister for James/Krypto.... oh well, I've waited ages for him, and have long enough to save up! :dance: yay for Alan Ruck!!!!!

Ace! He was the first guest at any sort of convention that I ever met. I had no idea how to speak to them back then, we just both stood and sat in silence... Hopefully it'll be a little more enlightened this time around!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he was in one of my all-time favourite films, SPEED.

"Did you know it took me three hours to get here from the airport? I got so lost. LA's one big place, but I guess you don't notice, seeing as you live here. Im such a yokel, there I said it!"

I like his extended cameo in ST: Generations too:

"It doesn't arrive until Tuesday."

Brilliant!

• 1 month later...
cool cameron from ferris beuller.

"Rooney....your an ars*hole!!"

Don't you mean (to Mr. Rooney), "Pardon my French but you're an ars*hole!" ? I love the scene where he's in his car debating with himself whether to go meet Ferris or not. :YAHOO: When I was younger I always related myself to Cameron who in fact was based on John Hughes' (best?) friend at school or college.

Great guest, WLTM, if only he was at LFCC or CM. Maybe next time.

Edited by nicky

• 1 month later...

To those who have met him before, what's he like ?.

I hope he wont mind me just mentioning Ferris bueller's day off and spin city, as it's all i've seen him in so far.I saw him in a film called Bad boys, not the one with Will Smith, it's one with Sean Penn in it, but i havent seen it for years, so cant remember it much.I'll probably get it on dvd sometime.I'll have to see if i can see any more of his work before the convention.

Even though i've only seen him in afew things, i'd still love to meet him.

Edited by Beth

• Moderators

He was one of the first guests I EVER met at a Showmasters event, back at Collectormania 3 :eek:

We talked about Ferris as that was what I knew him from, and he was such a great guy - very pleasant, informative, and friendly.

I'll always remember him as one of the ones that encouraged me to come back :lol: