72 members have voted

1. 1. did you enjoy your day ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Was Ok
    • not too bad
    • Rubbish
    • Worst Show ever been too

I travelled down from Manchester on a train at 6.20am this morning just for the sake of seeing Bruce Campbell. Was a pleasure to meet him, and he was very polite and a joy to talk to. Got my Army of Darkness poster signed and then head for home. Anyone else have trouble with trains due to the Milton Keynes crisis?

Hey Gemma! Missed you on MSN too! We got there for 11, and left 2-ish... kept an eye out for you, but couldn't find you, and James and I were both :( as we left... I need to get your moby from you on facebook ;)

I had a GREAT day tbh! It was a nice, steady busy-ness- eps for a first show! Guests were nice... Leonard didn't seem too happy to be there... but Brent was his usual cool self, and his and Marina's talk was AMAZING! Nearly missed it cos I didn't feel too well, but it soon perked me up lol!

Stall were best I've seen in ages- I came home with a few bags of bargains ( not much as only had £15) but I got the most I've got at a show in years!

I had a great day... only 1.30hr driving not as bad as I thought... so well done SM on a great day!

And.... ALAN RUCK for Manchester Nov :smile::YAHOO::D :D !!!

Had a fantastic day. Met Bruce Campbell who signed Evil Dead and Tornado dvd's. He then recanted a story about Ernie Hudson (co-star of Tornado) and how he hadnt know that Bruce was 'the Evil Dead' guy until an incident onset. He was also surprised to see someone with Tornado for signing as he never got to see it normally.

Then saw Ernie who said he'd never had to sign Tornado before and then he told me the same story that Bruce had shared with me just a short while before.

Then came Robert Englund who signed Nightmare On Elm Street Boxset and Masters of Horror Boxset which he opened up to look at as he had never seen it, he was also most forthcoming and ultra friendly.

The stalls were great and i couldve spent a fortune but restricted myself and got some good stuff.

The day was completed by my photoshoot with Bruce, i was lucky enough to be first in the queue (got prejumped by a couple of staff and a gold pass holder) and again Bruce was friendly and full of energy.

This has been a great day, thanks to showmasters oh and thanks to the friendly staff and other punters i met for making me feel so welcome and really rounding the day off.........by the way in case you were wondering i was the guy in the bright yellow Pryor T-shirt so you couldnt really miss me :)

Have to say this has been my favourite con so far! I had a ball, although there was some waiting around for the photo shoot pics. Robert Englund was great, I've been trying to meet him for ages. Bruce was incredible, I was a bit disheartened that there were no messages on photos but he was more than happy to talk and we had a quick chat about My Name is Bruce and my actual name. He was absolutely brilliant at the photo shoot, mucking around with everybody...it was all a bit surreal.

I have to say though that Dean Andrews was absolutely my highlight. An absolutely lovely guy, he was happy to chat for ages, was really engaging and liked my shirt (I'd made a LoM/A2A shirt). I was so impressed with him that I went to have another chat with him before I left to say what I fantastic guest I thought he was. I really hope he goes to more because he really does have a knack for fan interaction. An absolute sweetheart. :smile:

• Moderators

I had a really good day actually.

I found it the most relaxing event I've done for god knows how long.

The selection of dealers was very good, and I could've spent a lot more then I did.

All the guests seemed happy- even Bruce who perhaps started off a bit hesitant (and understandably so) but really enjoyed himself in the photo shoots etc.

So yeah, apart from the travel, it was great :YAHOO:

I had an excellent day. In terms of talking to the guests it's probably been the best one yet as I had a long chat with Hatty, Leonard, Warwick and Caroline! The venue was ACE and lots of room to get around. It was hard to tell how many people showed up. I think it seemed like there weren't many as the hall was quite big. I noticed a few people voted this as their worse ever event. I'd love to hear them back that up on here and give their reasons, just out of curiosity. I'm sorry they didn't have a good time anyhow.

I have to say though that Dean Andrews was absolutely my highlight. An absolutely lovely guy, he was happy to chat for ages, was really engaging and liked my shirt (I'd made a LoM/A2A shirt). I was so impressed with him that I went to have another chat with him before I left to say what I fantastic guest I thought he was. I really hope he goes to more because he really does have a knack for fan interaction. An absolute sweetheart. :D

I remember you.. I was Dean's PA for the day. He loved your T-shirt and thought it so sweet you came back to talk to him again.He remembered your name didn't he.

Are you coming to Manchester next weekend? :D

I have to say though that Dean Andrews was absolutely my highlight. An absolutely lovely guy, he was happy to chat for ages, was really engaging and liked my shirt (I'd made a LoM/A2A shirt). I was so impressed with him that I went to have another chat with him before I left to say what I fantastic guest I thought he was. I really hope he goes to more because he really does have a knack for fan interaction. An absolute sweetheart. :D

I remember you.. I was Dean's PA for the day. He loved your T-shirt and thought it so sweet you came back to talk to him again.He remembered your name didn't he.

Awww, that's made my day! I'm glad he liked it :D

I can't come to Manchester because I'll be on holiday, I'm quite gutted actually cos I would love to have met Marshall Lancaster too. And give Dean his own shirt, of course :thumbup:

It was no word of a lie that he has been my favourite guest, I just hope he had a good time and enjoys himself next week too!

I have to say though that Dean Andrews was absolutely my highlight. An absolutely lovely guy, he was happy to chat for ages, was really engaging and liked my shirt (I'd made a LoM/A2A shirt). I was so impressed with him that I went to have another chat with him before I left to say what I fantastic guest I thought he was. I really hope he goes to more because he really does have a knack for fan interaction. An absolute sweetheart. :thumbup:

I can't come to Manchester because I'll be on holiday, I'm quite gutted actually cos I would love to have met Marshall Lancaster too. And give Dean his own shirt, of course :lol:

It was no word of a lie that he has been my favourite guest, I just hope he had a good time and enjoys himself next week too!

Thats such a shame you can't go to Manchester.. I'd be very happy to pass the T-shirt onto Dean for you although I quite understand that you'd probably want to do that yourself. :D

I can't come to Manchester because I'll be on holiday, I'm quite gutted actually cos I would love to have met Marshall Lancaster too. And give Dean his own shirt, of course :P

Thats such a shame you can't go to Manchester.. I'd be very happy to pass the T-shirt onto Dean for you although I quite understand that you'd probably want to do that yourself. :D

To be honest, I think I would be too scared to make one! I wouldn't know whether to do the same design or not...but if you would be willing to pass it on for me I might think about making one tomorrow if I can find a shirt. It's flattering he even said about wanting one, even though he was joking.

I have to say though that Dean Andrews was absolutely my highlight. An absolutely lovely guy, he was happy to chat for ages, was really engaging and liked my shirt (I'd made a LoM/A2A shirt). I was so impressed with him that I went to have another chat with him before I left to say what I fantastic guest I thought he was. I really hope he goes to more because he really does have a knack for fan interaction. An absolute sweetheart. :drool:

Are you coming to Manchester next weekend? :o

Awww, that's made my day! I'm glad he liked it ;)

I can't come to Manchester because I'll be on holiday, I'm quite gutted actually cos I would love to have met Marshall Lancaster too. And give Dean his own shirt, of course :poki:

Thats such a shame you can't go to Manchester.. I'd be very happy to pass the T-shirt onto Dean for you although I quite understand that you'd probably want to do that yourself. ;)

To be honest, I think I would be too scared to make one! I wouldn't know whether to do the same design or not...but if you would be willing to pass it on for me I might think about making one tomorrow if I can find a shirt. It's flattering he even said about wanting one, even though he was joking.

He did really like it.. he told me he was usually a T-shirt and jeans guy.. you'd have to get it made up and sent to me in the next day or so as I'll leave home first thing Friday to make my way to Manchester. if you want to do it ,enclose a message to him. :D I'll make sure he gets it and I'll take a picture of him with it so you know he got it. email me at debra_matsell@yahoo.com if you do it and I'll give you my addy

I can't believe some voted for it's the worst show I've been to, it was a damn good show with some great guests who were all very pleasant to talk to and not difficult to meet at all. The organisation was excellent for a first show and the crew members were extremely helpful and chatty too. I think it's possibly one of the best shows I've been to, in fact for me it completely surpassed Collectormania in Milton Keynes last May which was terrible (due to the location in a shopping centre mostly) and I would even say it was better than Collectormania GMEX 2 from November 2006. Definitely one of my better shows, I thought some of the guests were going to be impossible to meet queue wise but I met and got photos with and autos from everyone I went to see and considering my list was quite lengthy - Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, Mads Mikkelsen, George Takei, Bruce Campbell, Warwick Davis and Ernie Hudson, that was a great day out for me! Thank you Showmasters 12/10.

Apart from getting lost on the way and nearly crying thinking I wouldn't see Bruce, it turned into the best con I have ever gone to.

Most of that was to do with Bruce, but for once I seemed to bring just enough cash and the photos were ready just as I was thinking of heading home

And I got to meet Bruce without even waiting for a ticket and the 4 photos I have with him for the proce of one - I was one hugely happy lady!