Bruce Campbell's signed pics

littlegoth

1. - I neither lumber nor am I an oaf (I'm actually quite nimble for a 6' 4 guy)

2. - I wasn't rude. I was merely stating the obvious that I was picking up a picture of me, dressed exactly the same as I was in the picture and being asked to provide the teensy bit of paper to prove the fact that it was me was ridiculous

3. - I am well aware that the crew staff are not paid, I value their assistance and I think you'll find that Luke was not offended nor upset regarding my comment (indeed, he could see my point) so why should you be?

Finally, if you thought that I was out of line at the time then why not say something then - or at least call me a lumbering oaf to my face? Perhaps because you'd rather do so from the comfort of behind your keyboard?

Very brave.

You were rude and it was clear in the volunteers face that your tone was not appropriate, he looked rather hurt. Just goes to show that regardless of how cool any event is, there's always one that irritates!

Brave? You're a seasoned member of this forum, if you wanted my personal details, you could go get them and if not, I'd be happy to supply. At the time however, my mission was to collect my photo and be a nice guy, which I'm good at.

Try it sometime :)

I know it seemed a bit WHOA! to a lot of people when they first saw the whiteboard with Bruce's restrictions on, but it was simply to keep him happy and give him a comfortable experience .. far better than others he's had in the past.

So hopefully he's managed to have a good weekend, and it'll serve to encourage him for future events perhaps :smile:

exactly what I was thinking but thanks for making it read a little less "in your face" shall we say

Regarding the white board at Bruces table. Did you see that he wouldn't sign a few comic titles?

Thought it was interesting that he wouldn't sign some selected comics. I spoke to my buddy who owns a comic shop and he says it's something to do with no royalties going to Bruce on those titles.

I suppose you would feel that way of they were using your image and you were not rewarded.

Steve

Regarding the white board at Bruces table. Did you see that he wouldn't sign a few comic titles?

Thought it was interesting that he wouldn't sign some selected comics. I spoke to my buddy who owns a comic shop and he says it's something to do with no royalties going to Bruce on those titles.

I suppose you would feel that way of they were using your image and you were not rewarded.

Steve

It has been posted elsewhere on this forum that the Freddy v Jason v Ash comic was created and published without Bruce being involved or asked if his image can be used so he has some animosity towards the publishers and therefore does not sign it if he is asked.

I fully expected there to be no photos allowed at the table due to his popularity so actually paid for a photo shoot ticket about 2 weeks before I even knew which day I was going to go.

I can understand the no personal messages. How many people would have met Bruce if he had to write 400 variations on Groovy, Give me some sugar, This is my boomstick and Hail to the king, baby. Mind you, I got a Brisco County Jr picture signed and can't think of a quotable line that I could have requested.

I know it seemed a bit WHOA! to a lot of people when they first saw the whiteboard with Bruce's restrictions on, but it was simply to keep him happy and give him a comfortable experience .. far better than others he's had in the past.

So hopefully he's managed to have a good weekend, and it'll serve to encourage him for future events perhaps :angry:

I wasn't surprised at the restrictions - I felt a bit sorry for him on Sat 4pm as he went to the Incognito Comics stall though to have a pic taken for their website or whatever - as soon as he went overe there, surounding fans started snapping away and not even being discreet about it. They just clambered in behind the main photographer "stealing" the photo opportunuty. I hope Bruce wasnt too offended by it nd that it didnt put him off.

Steve

It has been posted elsewhere on this forum that the Freddy v Jason v Ash comic was created and published without Bruce being involved or asked if his image can be used so he has some animosity towards the publishers and therefore does not sign it if he is asked.

I fully expected there to be no photos allowed at the table due to his popularity so actually paid for a photo shoot ticket about 2 weeks before I even knew which day I was going to go.

I can understand the no personal messages. How many people would have met Bruce if he had to write 400 variations on Groovy, Give me some sugar, This is my boomstick and Hail to the king, baby. Mind you, I got a Brisco County Jr picture signed and can't think of a quotable line that I could have requested.

Ooo if I'd of gotten him to sign something brisco and he were doing quotes I'd of gotten him to put the merrydoodle thing from the first episode, just the name really (can't remember it off the top of my head) as brisco says his name wrong, I just though it was so cute :D

But I must agree there arne't many brisco things you can think off the top of your head.

• Showmasters Admin

Helmetman and Abstractharmony, please keep it civil. As I did not witness abstractharmony collecting his photos, I can't say if he was or was not rude to the crew member, so my comments here are not in regards to that, but what is being said here. Helmetman, thank you for speaking up in defense of our crew, that is appreciated (as I noted, I am not sure if you needed to or not, and I am not saying abstractharmony was rude, but I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless); however, please do not add insults to others in that defense.

I felt a bit sorry for him on Sat 4pm as he went to the Incognito Comics stall though to have a pic taken for their website or whatever - as soon as he went overe there, surounding fans started snapping away and not even being discreet about it. They just clambered in behind the main photographer "stealing" the photo opportunuty. I hope Bruce wasnt too offended by it nd that it didnt put him off.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I hope it didnt put him off more cons in future. Also I didnt tak emuch notice of the pics on offer - I think they were all Evil Dead ones. I sent him an email just now to apologise about that in hope that he wont be put off about returning.

Edited by nicky

he did answer my lame questions about the possibility of an Evil Dead 4 and his feelings on the remake and who may take the Ash role

What did he say and how did he react? AFAIK he's always bored to death and annoyed with people always asking about ED4 - on his website it used to say soemthing like, "it aint gonna happen, deal with it" and that the video games were the sequel.

I asked if it were true he was producing the ED remake, as it says so on imdb, and he kinda leaned foward with a "look here, mate" tone and said sternly and defensively, "Where does it say that??!! Well that's just imdb, I don't write that stuff. There isn't going to be a sequel or a remake...not with my involvment."

You may have thought the photoshoot was excellent but you were downright rude to the poor volunteer guy when you collected your photo.

He needed your ticket for his records, and your comment of "Oh and isn't the fact that I'm in the shot proof enough" was just poor class in my opinion.

These people are volunteers, with instructions and people to answer to, they don't get paid to take crap from lumbering oafs such as yourself.

1. - I neither lumber nor am I an oaf (I'm actually quite nimble for a 6' 4 guy)

2. - I wasn't rude. I was merely stating the obvious that I was picking up a picture of me, dressed exactly the same as I was in the picture and being asked to provide the teensy bit of paper to prove the fact that it was me was ridiculous

3. - I am well aware that the crew staff are not paid, I value their assistance and I think you'll find that Luke was not offended nor upset regarding my comment (indeed, he could see my point) so why should you be?

Finally, if you thought that I was out of line at the time then why not say something then - or at least call me a lumbering oaf to my face? Perhaps because you'd rather do so from the comfort of behind your keyboard?

Very brave.

As the crewmember Luke, I was not offended. I know people are anxious to recieve their experiences of the events, and If the likness was the only required proof, it made sense.

The powers that be request that the tickets be taken in, and I decided that I would not let anyone not have theirs without the ticket. I hope nobody truly felt that I was being unfair toward this rule, and apologise if I appeared unfair.

Was a pleasure queueing all of you on Saturday!

he did answer my lame questions about the possibility of an Evil Dead 4 and his feelings on the remake and who may take the Ash role

What did he say and how did he react? AFAIK he's always bored to death and annoyed with people always asking about ED4 - on his website it used to say soemthing like, "it aint gonna happen, deal with it" and that the video games were the sequel.

I asked if it were true he was producing the ED remake, as it says so on imdb, and he kinda leaned foward with a "look here, mate" tone and said sternly and defensively, "Where does it say that??!! Well that's just imdb, I don't write that stuff. There isn't going to be a sequel or a remake...not with my involvment."

he was pretty cool about it and smiled

he said something along the lines of "Sam thinks the time has passed" and shrugged

maybe i caught him at a good time

he was pretty cool about it and smiled

he said something along the lines of "Sam thinks the time has passed" and shrugged

maybe i caught him at a good time

You must have met him early on then! I met him just before he left on Saturday at 4pm and he must have been asked about it laods by then. I handled it well I think though. :D

yip

ive thought of lots of questions i could have asked instead since but i was pretty much out of it due to a night before on the beer and having probably THE two biggest 80s/90s horror icons sat before me didnt help

i just wish there were more pics on offer from the first two Evil Dead movies of higher quality

Edited by vintageSW77

IM SO VERY JELOUS OF YOU GUYS, ANY CHANCE OF HIM COMING TO ANOTHER SHOW?

SM already said it took them 4 yrs to get him and they got him this time only cos of the WGA strike and the list of restrictions he asked for. He rarely comes to these UK shores. Sorry you missed him, I flew over from Ireland and booked days off work and I wasnt gonna take that chance. Guests this caibre ought to be treated as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I didnt get the whole "NO PICS" thing

he was the only one

No he wasn't, Marina Sirtis also didnt let you have any photos or videos!!..

I was a bit gutted really as there was no sign behind here when I payed for my autograph to say No Photos Or Video, so I paid my £15 had the autograph and when I asked for a photo she just said No, im doing a photoshoot after... Then surprise surprise 5 minutes after a sign appeared behind saying NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO..

Typical

I didnt get the whole "NO PICS" thing

he was the only one

No he wasn't, Marina Sirtis also didnt let you have any photos or videos!!..

I was a bit gutted really as there was no sign behind here when I payed for my autograph to say No Photos Or Video, so I paid my £15 had the autograph and when I asked for a photo she just said No, im doing a photoshoot after... Then surprise surprise 5 minutes after a sign appeared behind saying NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO..

Typical

I asked for picture with her on Saturday - I was the only person in the queue at the time - and she said no because she was participating in an organised (ie paid for) photoshoot later that day. She also added that this was at the request of the organisers, who are, and I quote, "very strict about it".

I got talking to someone in the queue (If your on here, Im the guy who gave you a plastic sheet to keep your auto in, hi!!) for brent spiner and after meeting him he asked marina sirtis if his 2 young boys could have a pic with her.

She said yes, but only for the kids, no one else. So she wasnt too bad about it. I suppose some people just see the photo shoots as a replacment for 'at the table' pics.

Brent didnt though, he was posing for pics aswell as doing a shoot.

Anyway, waaay off topic. I asked Bruce how he was today and if he was enjoying himself. This was around 12pm and he said he was good and was loving it so far.

I asked Marina for a pic too, I've got one with her from a previous event but she said I'm sorry I'm not doing photos as I'm doing a photoshoot later to which I replied ahh that's okay I've got a ticket for that I'll seeya later and she said okay great! see you later! I left after that. When I told her I'd see her in Manchester next weekend, she said is the Manchester place closer to the city centre? We're out in the middle of bloody nowhere here! I said yeah it's fine, it's much closer. Then later when I spoke to Brent she was again chatting in my general direction as I was one of the few people there at the time and she said my stomach feels like my throat's been cut. In spite of the no photos thing, I think she's great... and who knows maybe those of us going to Manchester next week can get a photo with her then as she doesn't have a photoshoot going on. :)

I felt a bit sorry for him on Sat 4pm as he went to the Incognito Comics stall though to have a pic taken for their website or whatever - as soon as he went overe there, surounding fans started snapping away and not even being discreet about it. They just clambered in behind the main photographer "stealing" the photo opportunuty. I hope Bruce wasnt too offended by it nd that it didnt put him off.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I hope it didnt put him off more cons in future. Also I didnt tak emuch notice of the pics on offer - I think they were all Evil Dead ones. I sent him an email just now to apologise about that in hope that he wont be put off about returning.

Hey do you have his email address and if so could you let me know what it is. Been to his site but its still down and as im a bit of a novice ive never sent him or any other celebrity for that matter an email.

Might not want to post it here as then everyone in the world will fill up his inbox, therefore if you could email me at tastyradio@hotmail.com that would be great

Thanks

Ooo if I'd of gotten him to sign something brisco and he were doing quotes I'd of gotten him to put the merrydoodle thing from the first episode, just the name really (can't remember it off the top of my head) as brisco says his name wrong, I just though it was so cute :o

But I must agree there arne't many brisco things you can think off the top of your head.

I think you are referring to Roscoe Merryweather. This is an alias that he adopts a couple of times during the series but sadly still not memorable enough to use as a quote.

Ooo if I'd of gotten him to sign something brisco and he were doing quotes I'd of gotten him to put the merrydoodle thing from the first episode, just the name really (can't remember it off the top of my head) as brisco says his name wrong, I just though it was so cute :o

I think you are referring to Roscoe Merryweather. This is an alias that he adopts a couple of times during the series but sadly still not memorable enough to use as a quote.

That was it, but it's cute cos in the first episode he calls himself roscoe merrydoodle or something, I always thought it was cute :)

But yeah nothing is too memorable quote wise, it's a great series though :)