Bruce Campbell's signed pics

littlegoth

Hi all, I'm going tomorrow and was just wondering what range of pics were available for Bruce Campbell? Thanks, and Hope you all had fun xxx

I was a bit disappointed by the signing photographs to be honest. I was expecting at least the classic ‘Evil Dead’ images. But I’m sure others will disagree.

As for the experience:

You have to write what you’d like written on a post-it note. Then he just copies it.

You can’t take any photographs either.

I think it all lasted less than about 30 seconds.

;)

any autolycus pictures from xena????

They had 2 Autolycus pictures, about 8 Evil Dead, 1 Bubba Ho-Tep and 1 Brisco County Jr. At least one of the Autolycus pictures is from Xena as he his holding her Chakram.

Edited by Zaigor

Admittedly it did suck that Bruce wasnt allowing pics at the desk but i got to meet my all time hero and have a chat with him, must have been there for a couple of minutes, it did help that i had an obscure dvd for him to sign mind you :)

Admittedly it did suck that Bruce wasnt allowing pics at the desk but i got to meet my all time hero and have a chat with him, must have been there for a couple of minutes, it did help that i had an obscure dvd for him to sign mind you :)

I was a bit miffed I couldn't get a pic of Bruce signing any of my bits bearing in mind I spent £100 on just him!!

But at the end of the day Showmasters did the unthinkable and brought the Chinned One to the UK and I got to meet the legend that is Bruce Campbell!

I thought he was great. Asked me what I did for a living and signed the X Files picture that I brought with me.

Glad you got that signed. Got mine done too LOL

Yes thanks for that - he seemed really pleased that he was being asked to sign something different.

I was really REALLY nervous to be honest, but he was so ace. My other half couldn't believe my face after I came out of the queue.

What a blast.

And I got a Bruce Campbell fridge magnet, what else do you want from life? Eh?

I am off to watch some Burn Notice now, yeee hawww!

x

any autolycus pictures from xena????

They had 2 Autolycus pictures, about 8 Evil Dead, 1 Bubba Ho-Tep and 1 Brisco County Jr. At least one of the Autolycus pictures is from Xena as he his holding her Chakram.

Brill cant wait

He was great with me. Took his time and had a nice chat about Brisco County & Jack of All Trades.

Photoshoot was excellent too :-

bruce1-1.jpg

You may have thought the photoshoot was excellent but you were downright rude to the poor volunteer guy when you collected your photo.

He needed your ticket for his records, and your comment of "Oh and isn't the fact that I'm in the shot proof enough" was just poor class in my opinion.

These people are volunteers, with instructions and people to answer to, they don't get paid to take crap from lumbering oafs such as yourself.

I had a small chat with with him when he signed my pic. Managed to get it signed just before he went off for the photoshoot.

Great guy, I shook hands with Ash!!!

P.S the photo selection was pretty good amount-wise, but I found a few of the pictures did not look that crisp image-wise.

Got a landscape of him in the cabin in evil dead 2 with his chainsaw hand and a 'groovy' expression on his face.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Fantastic guest, although he was rushed which would have been down to the queues to make sure everyone was happy he still took time to chat and found him very considerate on how my items was handled. I took my own photos with me which I tend to do now so didn't take notice of the free photos and lets remember they are free.

The photoshoot was excellent, it was great how he interacted with people pulling funny poses etc.. Future guests take note how to make a boring queue fun by watching him at work. For some reason the photographer took a number of photos for some people and not the normal pose, photo, go I was one of them. I thought it was because the photos didn't turn out right so was taking them again, when I collected my photo I noticed that bother had been printed and I could take them with me which I liked.

Helmetman - I think it's a bit harsh calling abstractharmony a "oafs" I was stood next to him when this was happening and I don't agree with his comments (after all the volunteer is only doing there job and what they are told to do) but lets not fall into name calling in the forums.

Excellent guest SM many thanks for getting him!!

i thought the pics on offer to sign were a bit ropey

i wanted a selection of classic Evil Dead shots too......the famous chainsawed hand gripping Bruces throat in ED 2 would have been nice with a sig

as for Bruce it was brief but but awesome and he did answer my lame questions about the possibility of an Evil Dead 4 and his feelings on the remake and who may take the Ash role

i told him whoever they get theyll never be as good as Bruce and i walked off totally star struck and my other half too couldnt believe the look on my face

Fred Kruger and Ash sat next to each other right in front of me

WOW

btw was the crew member who took the cash for Ash there in character as Henrietta from Evil Dead 2 ?

Edited by vintageSW77

He was great with me. Took his time and had a nice chat about Brisco County & Jack of All Trades.

Photoshoot was excellent too :-

bruce1-1.jpg

You may have thought the photoshoot was excellent but you were downright rude to the poor volunteer guy when you collected your photo.

He needed your ticket for his records, and your comment of "Oh and isn't the fact that I'm in the shot proof enough" was just poor class in my opinion.

These people are volunteers, with instructions and people to answer to, they don't get paid to take crap from lumbering oafs such as yourself.

I had the same happen to me after I did a photoshoot with Malcolm McDowell at Collectormania Manchester, my friend and I agreed that I was so distinctive looking in the photo that it was a bit ridiculous that I was asked to prove it was me. I was getting het up because I'd got so many tickets and little bits of paper that has been handed to me and I couldn't find the one I needed to claim my photo, the guy in the photo above is rather distinctive it has to be said, esp with a top saying FBI 00069 on it. I've never been rude to crewmembers at any of the shows I've been to, even if I'm irritated I can keep it well hidden sometimes. But for my Bruce Campbell shot, I couldn't get near the desk to pick it up so my friend just went and picked it up for me, without being asked for the ticket or anything.

Gutted I couldn't take the other shoot pics home though :( oh well, at least it was a nice day anyhow :)

Sorry I meant FBI 000069! :rolleyes:

1. - I neither lumber nor am I an oaf (I'm actually quite nimble for a 6' 4 guy)

2. - I wasn't rude. I was merely stating the obvious that I was picking up a picture of me, dressed exactly the same as I was in the picture and being asked to provide the teensy bit of paper to prove the fact that it was me was ridiculous

3. - I am well aware that the crew staff are not paid, I value their assistance and I think you'll find that Luke was not offended nor upset regarding my comment (indeed, he could see my point) so why should you be?

Finally, if you thought that I was out of line at the time then why not say something then - or at least call me a lumbering oaf to my face? Perhaps because you'd rather do so from the comfort of behind your keyboard?

Very brave.

I though he was a really nice guy. He signed my copy of Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way and we talked about the making of the Audio Cd and Burn Notice getting signed up for a second series. It was a little brief but he was very popular and I really appreciated the opertunity to meet him.

• Moderators

To be fair, he was the busiest guest, and he has been messed around at events before (hence one of the reasons why it's been so long between appearances over here), and so certain restrictions were kept to keep Bruce as happy as possible :smile:

• Moderators

I know it seemed a bit WHOA! to a lot of people when they first saw the whiteboard with Bruce's restrictions on, but it was simply to keep him happy and give him a comfortable experience .. far better than others he's had in the past.

So hopefully he's managed to have a good weekend, and it'll serve to encourage him for future events perhaps :smile: