Guest Cancellation - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

Will the full line up be announced before the online shop closes? Hayden was the only reason I wanted to attend so far.

It's in no-one's best interest to announce the final few guests after it closes, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.

Unfortunately you can't tell if the full line up will be announced before the online shop closes.

Sometimes there's a last minute chance to get a guest, and of course Showmasters won't say no then - like it happened with Milo and Adrian at LFACC.

I can understand and appreciate last minute guests, but if there are confirmations that SM have yet to announce then it does seem a little stupid to me to put off doing so.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get the idea that they were putting off announcing anyone?

I wasn't necessarily suggesting they were definately witholding announcements, but it wouldn't be the first time that they've gone on to say "We have X guest(s) confirmed, if we get X number of people on the forum this evening then we'll announce them" or "We have X guest(s) confirmed, we'll announce them soon" Ok, I might see a small point regarding the first one, but the second does sound a little stupid - when is soon? The following week? The following fortnight?

See the problem?

Edited by stavrosb

It's far more than just Hayden Panettiere cancelling that pissing me off. It's the fact that Manchester never seems to get the best guests and when we do they always cancel! Why can't Manchester have some of the best guests for a change. And don't give me all that stuff about the way these events work. I know fully how these events work. That surely can't explain the poor quality of the guests at Manchester compared to those at other events. Statistically there should be very big guests available for EVERY event and none should ever be neglected. So, isn't it about time that Manchester had a HUGE guest that does not cancel. It happened before with Brandon Routh and it is happening again here with Hayden. Something else i should point out is that by announcing Hayden Panettiere's attendance Showmasters have almost certainly seen a significant increase in the number of entry tickets sold in advance and i am pretty sure that there are others who were going just for her. Unless Showmasters gets us some damn good guests to make up for losing Hayden i guess i will have to try and sell my entry tickets on eBay seen as Showmasters has a stupid No Refunds rule on them.

I know you are upset, but I do think you should try to control your attitude mate.

As to Manchester, what do you think we do... run it just to **** people off? Or to run a crap event? Do you really think that is what we spend our time doing here?

As to big guests, we brought Malcom McDowell to the last Collectormania Manchester. He was only going to do one event in the UK and we chose to take him to Manchester. And because he had a good time he has now agreed to do LFCC, but at the time he was (and still is!) a rare guest. So don't give me this rubbish and chill out.

We are working on more guests now and we will find someone good to replace her, but I don't think it will make you any happier. It's a good thing so many of you do support us and understand that we always try our best.

jason

Here here, well said Jason. First off, it is a shame that Hayden can't make it and it would have been nice to meet her. There are, in my opinion, still some excellent guests going who I'd really love to meet and I'm going to attend whoever goes as long as I have the cash available.

To put things in perspective, out of all the 20+ events I've been to, I think only about 3 or 4 guests that I've wanted to see have cancelled, so it is pretty rare by all accounts. It's a shame when it does happem, but I think the vast majority of fans will agree with me that even when a guest cancels, we're all happy for them that they got work and look forward to seeing them in whatever it is they're doing. I wish Hayden all the best and I hope to maybe catch up to her some time in the future. People moaning/complaining would just make her less likely to want to come again if she knew about it, or at least if it was me that would be the case.

You know what annoys the hell out of me. Showmasters work so hard to get any guests at all and people just moan. Without showmasters people wouldnt have as much opportunity to meet anyone as they do now.

So haydens not coming, im sure she will in the future. Just be glad shes at least interested in doing cons.

I was excepting this announcement coming as soon as I heard the writers strike had finished.

It's a shame that Hayden's not going to Manchester but I sure she will try and attend another event sometime soon.

I have a question for Jola -

If I wanted to exchange my Hayden’s photo shoot ticket for another photo shoot how do I do that?

I ordered my Hayden’s photo shoot ticket from the online store.

• Showmasters Admin

I was excepting this announcement coming as soon as I heard the writers strike had finished.

It's a shame that Hayden's not going to Manchester but I sure she will try and attend another event sometime soon.

I have a question for Jola -

If I wanted to exchange my Hayden’s photo shoot ticket for another photo shoot how do I do that?

I ordered my Hayden’s photo shoot ticket from the online store.

All of the Hayden photo shoot tickets are being refunded to your credit card over the next 7 days. You can then book a different photo shoot via the on-line shop if you wish.

I am not aware of there being any transfer of tickets being offered.

While I'm disappointed that Hayden won't be there, I totally understand.

The writers strike has been called off this week, so maybe they need her for new Heroes episodes, or mobisodes, or anything. For gods sake, stop moaning though. It's perfectly understandable considering this past week is probably one of the highest activity weeks US TV has seen in the last 10 weeks.

And give showmasters a break too; it's not their fault at all.

My theory is that Hayden had a break in her schedule because of the strike, so she signed up to CM:Manc cause she had nothing to do, and once the strike ended, she cancelled.

What would you rather see? New Heroes episodes or Hayden once, for <5 mins, when you can do that any time.

Stop being so damn selfish.

Although this is a shame because I wanted to meet Hayden I think SM still have some great guests that I cant wait to meet like Anthony Stewart Head, Emma Caufield and Noah Gray-Cabey so keep up the great work SM as this wasnt your fault so I don't see why people are moaning

Jess xx

There's been far too much moaning on the boards recently I've noticed. Half the people that moan, also seem to think there's some form of conspiracy going on as well, that Showmasters are out to get people's money and then announce the cancellation of X guest.

The way I see it, is that Heroes is such a recent high profile show, that the possibility of guest cancellations was always going to be a little higher than the norm. Also, with Zachary being in the new Star Trek film, and Greg is nearly always in the film or TV show that JJ Abrams is directing, those 2 guests had a good chance of cancelling.

But I'm not by any means moaning about it as I know that at some point Showmasters will get them to an event in due course.

As Mousybrown correctly pointed out, without Jason and the team at Showmasters , we'd never have had the chance to meet some of the guests that we've each met over various events.

So to all those moaning and bitching about guests cancelling, conspiracy theories, and god only knows what else, give it a rest and grow up. Why not focus on the guests that we ARE going to get the chance to meet instead of focusing on the negative side of things?

Ill have to admit, the line up at the moment is very weak and not worth braving the north cold for, shame haydens cancelled, personnally i dont see any reason to go mysel;f unless they pull summet spc out the hat, but i do agree with a post above, manchester does get the bottom of the barrel with guests

... but i do agree with a post above, manchester does get the bottom of the barrel with guests

And just to prove you can't please everybody, here's a completely opposite topic:

WILL MK GET GREAT GUESTS LIKE MANCHESTER?

It's always the same! :poki:

I'm more looking forward to Manchester than MK atm.... Robert Beltran and Emma C! What more could you ask for?! :(:dance:

Hayden may have been a big guest who i was looking forward to meeting but the Manchester line-up is still really strong. In comparison to my last gmex con i can't believe how many great guests are coming! Obviously its all personal opinion but its always good to remember that great guests cannot always be judged on their status in the celebrity world!!! Some of my favourite guests ever have been lowr-key ones! Bring on CM4!!! :dance:

b!tch b!tch moan b!tch moan.

I love these events as much as the next fan, and, seeing as my sister's bought me the Hayden calendar for Christmas (12 months of Haydeny goodness.... *dribble*), I think it's safe to say that I'm a fan also.

Sure, I'm dissapointed that circumstances forced her to cancel/postpone the appearance, but can anyone show me the contract that Showmasters signed which states that they legally have to provide us with every guest our heart desires, regardless of whether or not that guest's WORK has to come first?

If you're planning on attending a show to meet only one guest, then why not do the sensible thing... and pay on the day?

That way, if the guest you've set your heart on meeting has had to cancel, you can always decide not to pay the entry fee, turn round and take your negative bottom back home with you.

I swear, some people have nothing better to do with their lives than sit around and try to work out how everything's a conspiracy.

GROW UP.