Latest Guest Announcement Cherie Donovan, Ian Sharman, Thomas Behe

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Cherie "Cher" Donovan

A regular on the convention circuit, Cherie "Cher" Donovan has been working in comics for under a year and in this time has managed to becoming head of Marketing at up-and-coming comic book publisher Orang Utan Comics, as well as becoming a leading colourist for Orang Utan Comics Studio, working on several AAM/Markosia comics. Most recently she coloured for Slave Labour Publishing on their science fiction thriller Contraband, and has begun her writing career with several short stories published inside Orang Utan Comics' anthology title Eleventh Hour, and work continuing on her forthcoming comic Project Raven.

Ian Sharman

Ian Sharman is a comic book writer and artist living and working in the UK. He has worked on Heretic, Shadowmancer, Smoke & Mirror and The Flying Friar for Markosia, and Contraband for Slave Labor. Last year he launched Orang Utan Comics on an unsuspecting world, their first release, the anthology title Eleventh Hour, has been met with much critical acclaim. He is currently working on Kong of Skull Island for Markosia while developing several new titles for Orang Utan Comics.

Thomas J Behe

Thomas J Behe is Canadian writer living in London with his wife Stephanie and newborn son Theo. After ten years of developing wireless content for global entertainment companies such as the BBC, MTV and T-Mobile, Thomas was keen to create a story revealling how mobile technology use and abuse can affect today's society. Contraband is the first piece of fiction he's written.

Cher will you be charging for your autos? that would just be a little strange!!!!! :smile:

glad the rumours fo your attendence weren't false, will be great to cu :angel:

surfy sah xx

Hi, Sah!

B) Indeed, the "rumors" (there were rumors?! You guys were rumoring about me?.. :headscratch: ) were true :D

Don't worry, I shant be charging for autographs (that would be weird, wouldn't it?). We will be selling copies of our comics, and shall be signing them, but that is all.

I am so excited about this! It will be awfully strange, but I imagine a lot of fun :thumbup:

It will be great to see everyone again! I miss you all very much.

Being a full-time comic book artist and writer does not pay a great deal, so sadly funding convention trips is a difficulty these days. Still, we (myself and Ian live together) are getting there! Hopefully by this time next year we shall be regulars yet again.

Wow Cher I didn't realise u were a big comic gal!! I did notice u hadn't been on in a while... I just remember I had to find u in one of those forum games, then didn't, n still haven't met u lol! I should come say hi :headscratch:

Wow Cher I didn't realise u were a big comic gal!! I did notice u hadn't been on in a while... I just remember I had to find u in one of those forum games, then didn't, n still haven't met u lol! I should come say hi :grump:

Yes, do come and say hi! I'm not "big" as such... I'm getting there, though! I'm colouring the official adaptation of Kong Of Skull Island, the prequel to the film(s) at the moment, and my writing is really kicking into gear at the moment, with several comics and a book being released this year. Sadly the writing will not be available at G-Mex because we have completely sold out of both issues of Eleventh Hour, and the 'Collectors Edition' is not due for release until the end of March. Still, we will have plenty of copies of Contraband (which I coloured)! See you there!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I demand these guests at Milton Keynes as well so I can catch up with Cher and Ian and let the soon to be brat dribble on their comics :P

Aw, sowwy hon! I'd love to be a Guest at CollectorMania Milton Keynes (that's in a whole other league of cool in my book :P ) but I don't think we'd fit in! Lol. We'll (Ian and myself) try really, really hard to make it just as normal, convention-going people, but with the financial situation... Well, it isn't likely, sadly. Unless anyone wants to offer me and Ian a room to crash in? Anyone?.. :crying: Still, we shall try. We may be able to make it up for just one day if we go via bus in the early-hours and travel home in the evening... We shall see. But, hey, on the bright side, if we do make it to Milton Keynes we will have copies of Eleventh Hour handy (want a free one? you can have one of my copies if you like!) if anyone wants any, but obviously we will not have a table or anyone so you guys will just have to hunt us down and ask us for one.

Fingers crossed!

Ps. *Big hugs*! I miss you!

Cher maybe you and Ian can get the NX? sucks that the MB no longer opperates via MK grrrr

just looked at NX for you and it would be £25 return for both of you in total on the Saturday, there are no funfayres as far as I can see :uhoh: maybe it's just too early? keep an eye on it though and maybe check trains for day return?

looking forward to seeing you! :unsure:

surfy sah xx

Hey Cherie

Glad your comics have finally got the recognition I'm sure they deserve. Not really read many comics but might be willing to give yours a try.

Hey, Daniel. Thanks a lot! We wont have much stock with us, though, sadly, so if you want to give ours a try, come nice and early.

Cher maybe you and Ian can get the NX? sucks that the MB no longer opperates via MK grrrr

just looked at NX for you and it would be £25 return for both of you in total on the Saturday, there are no funfayres as far as I can see :lol: maybe it's just too early? keep an eye on it though and maybe check trains for day return?

looking forward to seeing you! :smile:

surfy sah xx

I checked the National Express a couple of weeks back and they had plenty of FunFares, so they must have sold them. I haven't got a penny to my name at the moment (£4 in my account I believe) because of a mess up by my bank (£50 magically disappeared...), but I'm borrowing money from a friend and will probably book my travel tonight.

i voted for that award thing

will you be doing a signing or will you be selling autographed versions of you comic book

Thank you! :smile:

We shall all be selling comics and autographing them on request.

I hope to see you there!

Comic book numbers are very very limited, so come and see us nice and early if you want to make sure that you get a copy! ;)

Hello, everybody!

I just wanted to pop in and say "thank you very much" to all of you that came over to the stand, spoke with us, kept us company, asked us questions about the industry, and bought our comics. It was an absolute pleasure, and I hope that you enjoyed meeting us as much as we enjoyed meeting you. And of course I hope that you enjoyed your purchases!

For those of you that brought Eleventh Hour, if you enjoyed it, please feel free to vote for us in the Eagle Awards! Click here for further information. Thanks!

Also, for absolutely anyone that is interested, you can now view the promotional video for the newly improved Eleventh Hour, available worldwide as of June 2008! Click here to view our video.

Please feel free to email us through our website, Post on the Orang Utan Comics Forum (it's pretty empty so we appreciate the company - lol), or post a reply to this thread and let us know what you thought of our comics, the promotional video, or meeting us, etc.

Edited by Cher2a