LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT Malcolm McDowell

showmasters

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough.So you guys have never seen Caligula? If? O Lucky Man? Blue Thunder? Aces High? Evilenko?

Even Malcolm says hes never watched an episode of Heroes.Hes no idea what its about lol.A bit like Star Trek when his agent advised him to do it.He hates sci-fi lol.And whatever you do dont go into a conversation about Tank Girl he hates that with a passion.They never even worked with a script lol.Complete shambles apparantly.

Im just glad its got him more fans.Even though he charges £100,000 a week on low budget movies im glad he'll be making even more money off these events.

Bring Quentin Tarantino back to the UK too!! I loved him.And dont worry Saxby ill make a thread about all of Malcolms wonderful movies.Some good recomendations.

are you saying Quentin Tarantino was at a LFCC?

No, he is not. QT was in the UK in Sept 2007 to promote Death Proof which had nothing to do with SM.

So you guys have never seen Caligula? If? O Lucky Man? Blue Thunder? Aces High? Evilenko?

I know of Tinto Brass's Caligula and have seen John Badham's Blue Thunder a couple or so times. Would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the late Roy Schieder.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill be down to get my copy of IF signed this time round

I hear he got a bit narked signing so much Heroes stuff at Manchester and rightly so

the guy is much more than that series and that poor remake of a 70s Horror classic.

A Clockwork Orange and IF will be still regarded a Classics a hundred years from now whereas Heroes will be totally forgotten in 20 as will that GOD AWFUL remake.

I hear he got a bit narked signing so much Heroes stuff at Manchester and rightly so

the guy is much more than that series and that poor remake of a 70s Horror classic.

A Clockwork Orange and IF will be still regarded a Classics a hundred years from now whereas Heroes will be totally forgotten in 20 as will that GOD AWFUL remake.

I always assumed the only reason he was at Manchester was to attract all the Heroes groupies, and not due to any of his far better and much more well known body of work. After experiencing Star Trek fans for years, he should've known what he was in for.

The same will happen if he appears at LFCC. He might get a few Clockwork Orange or other film related pieces to sign out of every one hundred items given to him.

It's a bit of shame.

I noticed that Caligula was going for a fiver at FOPP shops today.

I heard from some of the dealers at the October GMex show about his seeming boredom being asked to sign Heroes stuff, and got shot down by the 'he seemed ok with me' crew.

He's an actor! Course he wouldn't REALLY show it..

Hopefully the DVD of his 1-man show will be out by then too.

Got my German 1-sheet of If... now... and a few

Its not the uncut version of Caligula.Theres a 3 disk imperial edition out in the US with a commentary track from him.Im gonna get some If.... and O Lucky Man stuff signed this time round. Its a shame the majority of stuff he'll be asked to sign will be Heroes related.

I reckon the true fans of Malcolms work should dress up as Droogs and lay down some of the old ULTRAVIOLENCE on anyone asking him to sign any heroes gear this july

this is a joke by the way

I reckon the true fans of Malcolms work should dress up as Droogs and lay down some of the old ULTRAVIOLENCE on anyone asking him to sign any heroes gear this july

this is a joke by the way

Perhaps they could whack those guys over the head with a giant (I can't beleive this next word is picked up by the auto-censor) pen_is.

(I can't beleive this next word is picked up by the auto-censor) pen_is.

What are we teaching children today if we are going to outlaw a real word like that?? Is this Catholic school now?

What about "vagina"? Why isn't that a word picked up by the auto-censor (or have I just given admin ideas?).

This reminds me of the film, Percy (1971) starring Denholm Elliot where in one scene he played a gynacologist-type being interviewed on TV but they kept bleeping out his words when he said "pen_is" or "vagina" and he storms off saying, "What the phuck do you expect me to call it then??!!" and the interviewer-bloke replies desperatley, "My mother always called it 'Percy'!" Mind you, this was Britain in 1971 when we were still doing the "no sex please, we're British" thing.^_^

(I can't beleive this next word is picked up by the auto-censor) pen_is.

What are we teaching children today if we are going to outlaw a real word like that?? Is this Catholic school now?

What about "vagina"? Why isn't that a word picked up by the auto-censor (or have I just given admin ideas?).

This reminds me of the film, Percy (1971) starring Denholm Elliot where in one scene he played a gynacologist-type being interviewed on TV but they kept bleeping out his words when he said "pen_is" or "vagina" and he storms off saying, "What the phuck do you expect me to call it then??!!" and the interviewer-bloke replies desperatley, "My mother always called it 'Percy'!" Mind you, this was Britain in 1971 when we were still doing the "no sex please, we're British" thing.:D

Yeh but since your from Dublin you cant really relate to any of that lol ;)

I think we should all just beat snot up with huge Peniss'..........or use one of his own inflatable ones against him lol

a little bit of homophobia in there i feel.... not very mature.

i have no giant inflatables im afraid, reproductive organs or otherwise... sorry bout that.

anyway, what other words are picked up by sensers? any idea?? slag? shag? this is fun!