Attention all Comic Fans

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We fully intend London Film and Comic-Con to live up to it's name and we need the help and support of comic book guys and gals to achieve this. Please use this forum to discuss everything and anything to do with comics, writers, artists etc etc etc Let us know what/who you would like to see at LFACC and what we can do to make this just as much a Comic-Con as a Film Fair. We value your comments and any suggestions will be given due consideration.

Kenny

Ahh FP are evil; they have sent me the new book with all the new gear in, and I want to spend £200 on stuff before I even get there! Um its not comic related so I will just hop back out of here.

cheers kenny m'laddie! um, best bet is to listen to ptenbob, he knows his stuff and is an avid comic collector!

Awwwww, fanks Jody.

My absolute dream list would run something like:

Stan Lee

Kevin Smith

Joe Quesada

Frank Miller

Neil Gaiman

Roman Dirge

Jhonen Vasquez

Todd McFarlane

Any of these would be cool, any more than one would be great, to fill the list would mean me living on the streets, eating from dumpsters untill March. Ummmm, I'd be happy to do that though :P

Seriously though:

Stan, the King of comics, there's nothing I can say about this guy, if you don't know the name, consider yourself banned from this part of the forum :P

Kevin has done many conventions, as has Stan, I believe Kevin is currently part of the Wizard World Tour in the USA at the moment, but I'm sure that would finish by March.

Joe Quesada, I love some of his recent work, the stuff he's done with Kevin Smith has been fantastic.

Frank Miller, Only Kevin Smith has come anywhere close to equalling the work that Frank Miller did on Daredevil, for a fairly topical film, it'd be an excellent opportunity to meet Daredevil's Godfather.

Neil Gaiman, Sandman, what more do I need to say? Oh, you want more? The current run of 1602 is fantastic, the story is based on the premise of the superhuman mutations taking place five hundred years ago, amidst much witchcraft and the time of the inquisition, a masterful blend of irony and 'spot the character'

Roman Dirge, creator of the cutest little dead girl, Lenore, if I didn't name him here, Snow would never talk to me again. I love his stuff too.

Jhonen Vasquez, creator of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and Squee, fantastic books from a great storyteller.

Todd McFarlane, Spawn. 'nuff said.

Edited by ptenbob

The Babylon 5 Creator J. Michael Straczynski turned his hand to comics a few years back, he's done some incredible stuff with Spiderman, just see the 9/11 edition.

I'm told that Rising Stars and Midnight Nation are also stunning, just check the reviews on Amazon (I'm waiting for my copies!)

So If you were to persuade JMS to be a guest then you'd have the Comic fans and Babylon5/Jeremiah fans covered too

Ooooooh! some nice names there...

Can't say I'm a huge fan of all of them, but there's still some niiiiice names.

Also, only a thought, but...

Some of the American Comic Cons manage to persuade toy companies to produce convention exclusive figures, any chance of this happening at all? PLEEEEEEASE?

Muppets would be fantastic, Simpsons cool too.

I don't know how possible this is, or even if anyone would consider for an English convention, but it would certainly set LFACC apart from anything I've ever been to.

Even exclusive covers for comics, anything really.

Also, only a thought, but...

Some of the American Comic Cons manage to persuade toy companies to produce convention exclusive figures, any chance of this happening at all? PLEEEEEEASE?

Muppets would be fantastic, Simpsons cool too.

I don't know how possible this is, or even if anyone would consider for an English convention, but it would certainly set LFACC apart from anything I've ever been to.

Even exclusive covers for comics, anything really.

hear hear

Alan Moore

Kevin O Neill

Warren Ellis

Dave Sim

Peter David

Glenn Fabry

Jamie Delano

Garth Ennis

Steve Dillon

John Ridgeway

Brian Bolland

Brian Talbot

Gary Frank

Neal Adams (if he's still around) ;)

Adam Hughes

J Scott Campbell

Robert Crumb !!! (as if)

Brian Michael Bendis

Alexander Maleev

Brian Azzarello

Eduardo Risso

Grant Morrison

...and James Robinson so I can kick his spam for what he did to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. ;):D

And Terry Moore !!!

umm I'll think of some more in a bit :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...