Brent Spiner and Quoting?

Lizzy

I met Brent a few years ago and asked him to put "love from" on my auto, like I do with loadsa people, and he said no cos it was too gay! It was funny at the time, but I want to meet him again to sign my First Contact print, and to quote from the movie (haven't decided what yet). Has anyone asked him to do that before, and was he ok about it? I don't wana muck it up lol!!

Brent is sometimes so funny and sometimes so "ironic".

It depends upon his state of mind.

I have had a personalisation, but only "To Chiara". He said to me that I was the "13th Chiara" whom he met, but he couldn't understand how was the exact spelling of my name, so I wrote it on a piece of paper!

Edited by Queen_Sindel

When I met him he was reluctant to personalise both items I'd brought. I had to be quite insistent, and got the impression that he really didn't want to be at the event. I was very disappointed because the amount I was paying per autograph was a lot for me, given what I was earning at the time.

When I met him he was reluctant to personalise both items I'd brought. I had to be quite insistent, and got the impression that he really didn't want to be at the event. I was very disappointed because the amount I was paying per autograph was a lot for me, given what I was earning at the time.

I had the impression that he had a huge mass of fans, and that the queue was infinite!

perhaps he was only tired, I mean, I don't think that there was anything of personal,

and he cannot understand that there are a lot of persons in the world who earn less than him.

He acts as a Hollywood star sometimes...

Not that i know who this person is or anything but i thought if you wanted something personalised it had to be requested when you payed at the photo table.Therefore theres no reason why he shouldnt personalise it in some way.

And really if you wanna meet someone that bad,then you will get there as early as you can and make sure your one of the first in the que to see them.Theres no excuses.

Then again you should never have high expectations of anyone you meet.Dont expect the world and you shouldnt be disapointed.These ' celebrities ' are just normal people.And like normal people they can be nice,friendly,moody and maybe even just a complete bumhole.But its not personal to you.So if you dont get exactly what you want,theres probably hundreds of others who are in the same boat as you.

Edited by GraemeMc

Well my print is first contact pic and a border... on the pic, people sign, on the border they quote... I have 4 quotes with sigs, and 1 just sig (Patrick), but hes dead in the middle. It'd look weird for Brent not to quote too :S I want something like "For an android, that is nearly an eternity".... Is that too much?

Marina put: And I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to keep his hands off me

Ethan put: You do understand we have a strict dress code

Bob put: I'm a doctor... not a doorstop

Alice Put: Resistance is futile

I Hope he will or i'll be really :( He put on my personal pic "Have a great future" Instead of love...

Any1 else got anything to add?

It sounds nice what you have done. Maybe if he says no, explain to him that it would look odd if he didn’t and would ruin it for you. Beg and be some more. If he still says no, then I feel sorry for you. You could just stand there until he does it (or some bouncer bloke carries you away).My advice like the other poster would be be one of the first people up – I think this might help your chances. GOOD LUCK !

I said only if he'd write something sincere. After a pleasant smile he did and added "have a great future" which I thought was nice.
That's a great thing to write - I love it when guests write soemthing unique to you.

EDIT: I just noticed he wrote the for others too so maybe not so great after all.

I met Brent a few years ago and asked him to put "love from" on my auto, like I do with loadsa people, and he said no cos it was too gay!

You should have got him to write that instead then!!!

Edited by nicky

• 4 weeks later...

I got him to make out an autograph to my gf, Verity. He hadn't heard the name before and Marina has to spell it for him then told him it meant "Truth". Then Brent said she should just have called herslef Truth, lol!

Also, I asked him for a pic of him and Marina together. At first he said "No way! Not with here...!" I thought he was serious at first, but then he did it for me which was nice!

I got him to make out an autograph to my gf, Verity. He hadn't heard the name before and Marina has to spell it for him then told him it meant "Truth". Then Brent said she should just have called herslef Truth, lol!

Also, I asked him for a pic of him and Marina together. At first he said "No way! Not with here...!" I thought he was serious at first, but then he did it for me which was nice!

He said to my GF that she should dump me :uhoh:

I let him off though as this is probably his usual schtick at these things. Although he then repeated it at the talk which made me go beetroot (hate being singled out in crowds). I was half tempted to send him a guestbook message saying 'thaanks for that brent shes upped and left me now'...to make him feel guilty but I can't be arsed.

Funny bloke with a weird sense of humour, he had a real hangup about his domain name being taken didn't he?

Although I don't think he's looked into this very closely as i'm pretty sure he could sue and get his real website back if he really wanted too from the bit of investigation i've done on the web.

Thought Marina was a great counter-foil to him, she was lovely. Nice to hear her 'proper' accent.

Dare I suggest Showmasters do a full on-Milf convention? :) Sophie Aldred, Marina Sirtis and Gates McFadden could be the starters for 10?

I had the impression that he had a huge mass of fans, and that the queue was infinite!

perhaps he was only tired, I mean, I don't think that there was anything of personal,

and he cannot understand that there are a lot of persons in the world who earn less than him.

He acts as a Hollywood star sometimes...

The weird thing was that it was early in the day on a Friday so the queues weren't all that big. He could have been jet-lagged, I suppose...

When i met him he greeted me with "Hello, I am Patrick Stewart, how are you?" in a deep voice and a fake english accent.. He was also imitating Stewart stern posture and face...

My answer was "Hey, Mr Stewart, you got hair, what happened? Almost look real, too"

He then laughed and dropped the Stewart act...

Was hilarious!

And Marina was pestering him cause she had to carry his jacket and he "vanished"...while she was applying her lipstick (he answered that he had to put his own lipstick on)

On my auto, he put:

"To Cookie" and his signature.

We were allowed to shoot a picture with him (and also one with Marina) when on Sunday we were in our furry costumes (but we agreed to the pic with Marina outside)

Nice guy, really....

• 2 weeks later...

I was the assistant with Brent on the Sunday and a lot of people asked about a more personal quote.. e.g To ... With Love...Brent Spiner.. or All my best wishes... Brent told me and his visitors, he simply doesnt write those kind of things on autographs as he doesn't believe in writing insincerities.. when he doesn't mean them, and simply writing ..To...is more meaningful with it being to that specific person.

So to anyone who thought he was being a bit grumpy over that issue i apologise if it came across as being a tad big headed at all.. but i for one understand where he was coming from.