Latest Guest Announcement - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read all the comments in this thread I think that attending Eclipse is going to be an "interesting" experience to put it mildly!

It seems that the vast majority of people on this board fundamentally don't understand the difference between a signing event and a convention. If all you are interested in is an autograph that a convention really isn't the right event for you and you should focus purely on the signing events. I have attended conventions for shows I don't even watch - after a while the guests become entirely incidental to meeting your friends and having a fantastic time at the parties. Hopefully those attending Eclipse who have never been to an actual convention before will be won over and realise just what an amazing time the full weekend events can be.

I think if tickets for Eclipse had only recently gone on sale then I would agree that having two of its main guests appearing elsewhere a week before would affect the pulling power the event has but as Eclipse is 90% sold it really isn't an issue.

Its not that I don’t ‘understand the difference’ I can work that out.

It is as a collector of signatures I will attend a con to get them if they are not attending a signing event, because getting their signature is important to me and I don’t want to miss an opportunity. Simple as. Everybody has different reasons for attending

The reason I am attending Eclipse...

1 - To meet the people who bring these amazing characters to life, to listen to there talks etc

2 - I am going in a large group and the parties are awsome

I guess I see both sides of this - conventions are a place to meet people and make friends but I am SURE that guests announcements makes people book in the first place!!!

It is as a collector of signatures I will attend a con to get them if they are not attending a signing event, because getting their signature is important to me and I don’t want to miss an opportunity. Simple as. Everybody has different reasons for attending

Please don't think I'm picking on you/attacking you/whatever, but-

Just because you can get autographs there does not mean it's the purpose of the con. I mean, you can get (or could get) high off glue, that doesn't mean that's what glue is for. You can throw eggs at windows, but that's not what they're for. You really were risking a lot by booking for that kind of convention with an intention different to what the actual con is for. It's your right to, of course, but I wish people wouldn't do it. That way there wouldn't be people upset and complaining and losing money now. It doesn't hurt me when you're upset and complaining, but it hurts you (general you, not you you).

Just because you can get autographs there does not mean it's the purpose of the con. I mean, you can get (or could get) high off glue, that doesn't mean that's what glue is for. You can throw eggs at windows, but that's not what they're for. You really were risking a lot by booking for that kind of convention with an intention different to what the actual con is for. It's your right to, of course, but I wish people wouldn't do it. That way there wouldn't be people upset and complaining and losing money now. It doesn't hurt me when you're upset and complaining, but it hurts you (general you, not you you).

Getting autos is a big part of the convention though.... IF this convention was just a fan meet up and no guests - OK it would be a lot cheaper but would Showmasters have sold 800 tickets......

I see both sides - I go for both reasons, as I love the buzz of these conventions!

Signatures ARE ONE of the purposes of the con. Why else would a large part of the day be taken up with the guests signing, and everyone getting a signature from each guest included with their ticket.

I know its not all about the signatures, i never said it was.

• Showmasters Admin

i think it would be best to put this topic back on track

i will clean up this tread tomorrow

thanks

jason :D

Clear it up? Does this mean your getting rid of the negative comments where people are expressing they point of view?

well what would you have me do this thread it was for a Guest Announcement for Hayden and a lot of the people reading this are having to go throw all this were in fact they just want to talk about coming to G mex it is well of topic and we have all had there say and i do not think anything more needs to be said

i also think some of the people said things at the time and now see were others are coming from so it has all been talked out so i was going to take the thread back to the topic

we have a lot of freedom of speach on here and i think it best to clean it up for the good of us all i am not hiding what has been said on here i just think nothing more needs to be said and people have expressing there point of view and we have all herd it now

i will leave it for a few more days so all have had there last say ok :P

jason :D

I don't see why going to a con just for autos isn't a valid reason for going to be honest. The normal tickets cost £75 and that (if autos were say £15 each) makes it worth going just for a free auto from each guest going (if there were 5 or more), on top you would only be paying for the hotel some food and maybe a bit of extra money to get something from the dealers, so really you would be spending the same as you would at a signing event, just there are a few extra things thrown in as well.

If you want to go for the parties more then the autos thats fine, but why does everyone have to go for that reason. Too a lot, a very lot of people, the autos arn't the icing on the cake, the parties and quizzes etc are.

Everyone is different, and for me thats what I like. Would be awful if everyone just liked Heroes and nothing else, because then prices to get the guests and prices for autos would go up due to popularity, and then the ques for there autos would be massive.

Think of it a world of drones, no thank you.....

:D

LLAP :D

If you want to go for the parties more then the autos thats fine, but why does everyone have to go for that reason. Too a lot, a very lot of people, the autos arn't the icing on the cake, the parties and quizzes etc are.

You don't HAVE to go for any reason other than just the autos, but most people do. As a result, those kind of full weekend conventions are aimed more at those who want more than a signing event.

I'm not trying to make people into clones, lol. What?

Like chris mk said, weekend cons are not aimed at people who only want autographs. Therefore people buying for just that reason are likely going to come out of it annoyed in some way. And they have.

As long as we all enjoy the convention... what does it matter what the reason we booked was!!!

I booked because I wanted to meet Zac AND that the sound of a weekend devoted to Heroes sounded awsome!!!

The parties were not a major reason - for me THEY are the icing on the cake! I love con parties... watching the "in" crowd doing all the dances and wishing I had the guts to get up with them!!!!!!!!!

As long as we all enjoy the convention... what does it matter what the reason we booked was!!!

I booked because I wanted to meet Zac AND that the sound of a weekend devoted to Heroes sounded awsome!!!

The parties were not a major reason - for me THEY are the icing on the cake! I love con parties... watching the "in" crowd doing all the dances and wishing I had the guts to get up with them!!!!!!!!!

lol. Nobody said it does, if you enjoy the convention.

well what would you have me do this thread it was for a Guest Announcement for Hayden and a lot of the people reading this are having to go throw all this were in fact they just want to talk about coming to G mex it is well of topic and we have all had there say and i do not think anything more needs to be said

You should move them to another dedicated thread, or create a new one for Hayden. Otherwise it's just mighty convienient the negative posts of the thread vanish.

• Moderators

It's not just 'negative' posts that disappear - it'll be the majority of what has gone off topic in here, so it'll be both sides of it.

It's fair enough - we've been given time to discuss things, but it can't go round in circles forever. Time to focus on the guest.

Personaly i don't see why anything has to be moved, there has been loads of threads that go completely off subject and dont get moved.

lol. Nobody said it does, if you enjoy the convention.

"It's your right to, of course, but I wish people wouldn't do it."

Who will be meeting Hayden at both events? :D Very Lucky

Edited by lovbug

• Moderators

And there have been topics in the past that have been cleared up.

If someone is that bothered about their views being heard, it's easy enough to start another one. However, I don't really see what good it would do. It's just covering old ground.

I'm talking about the people who're unhappy and have no intention to participate in the rest of the convention. Don't quote me negatively out of context.

Oh ok, didn't think you ment that. As you know my main reason for attending is to get the signatures, but i will be participating in everything and am looking forward to the talks / partys etc.