RIP Heath Ledger

dufresne

Hollywood actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence, a New York Police Department spokesman has said.

"He was found unconscious at the apartment and pronounced dead," a police spokeswoman said.

It is not yet clear how the 28-year-old Australian actor, who earned an Oscar nomination as a gay cowboy in 2005 film Brokeback Mountain, died.

He was found dead in the SoHo apartment at around 1530 (2030 GMT).

Police said he had been due to have a massage at the flat.

The housekeeper went to tell him the masseuse had arrived and found him dead on Tuesday afternoon, police spokesman Paul Browne told Associated Press news agency.

Police said they did not suspect foul play in the death of the Perth-born actor.

In September he split from his girlfriend Michelle Williams, with whom he has a two-year-old daughter, Matilda.

He plays the Joker in the soon-to-be-released Batman film, The Dark Knight.

BBC link

IMDB Link

Edited by dufresne

Oh my god.

This is so sad, I can not believe it.

I just saw in on the news.

He was an amazing actor and a true hero - I loved him in Brokeback Mountain.

I think I am going to cry - I am still in a state of shock.

RIP Heath.

Edited by domino

I'm well and truely shocked, I just popped into my sisters room to show her some work I'd done and I vagely saw something on her computer about Heath Ledger and then I saw the word dead.

I can't believe it's happened, he was so young :rolleyes:

This was just coming in as breaking news on the 10pm news bulletin on local radio, and I still can't take it in. Not a major fan, but he struck me as a very talented and likeable bloke, so this is absolutely shocking news and I'm deeply saddened by his death. :rolleyes:

I can't believe it! I'm shocked and really upset... Personally I haen't seen many films of his, but I'm seen a lot of Batman trailers and his stunning performance I'm really looking forward to. I don't believe this... I thought it was a joke.

I've just phoned my bf and he thought I was kidding... hes been doing Joker impressions from the trailer for weeks.... This is so sad :'(

Uttely devastated, a fantastic actor and a father to a little girl, it's always a tragic waste when someone so young dies.

I'm only hurt to see the comments springing up across the internet about he was a drug user, he was found with prescription drugs and so far sky news have been sat constantly reporting that looks like an accidental overdose, whatever the reason behind it, it's a great loss and will leave a huge hole in many lives.. most importantly his poor family.

Rest In Peace.

i CANT BELEIVE THAT THE WONDERFUL ACTOR THAT WAS mR hEATH lEDGER HAS DIED TODAY OF A SUSPECTED OVERDOSE, HE WILL BE MISSED AND RESPECTED FOR THE WONDERFUL FILMS HE HAS BEEN PART OF. AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING HIS LAST WORK AS THE JOKER IN BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT......... R.I.P