LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: James McDivott

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce a world first signing at Autographica:

James McDivott: Command Pilot for Gemini 4, a 66-orbit 4-day mission & Commander of Apollo 9

JamesMcDivitt.jpg

-5.jpg

-4.jpg

Jim McDivitt was also one of the Backup Crew for APOLLO 1 the ill fated mission that ended in tragedy along with:

David Scott, Senior Pilot

Rusty Schweickart, Pilot

This crew became the crew of Apollo 9.

McDivitt joined the Air Force in 1951 and retired with the rank of Brigadier General. He flew 145 combat missions during the Korean War in F-80s and F-86s. He is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School and the USAF Aerospace Research Pilot course and served as an experimental test pilot at Edwards Air Force Base, California. He has logged over 5,000 flying hours.

We are very pleased to bring you this very rare guest and we look forward to meeting him.

I am excited at the possibility of meeting the Astronauts and not forgetting the Cosmonauts but there is something about meeting someone from the early Gemini Project and it will be a pleasure to meet a guy who was involved in the 1st US spacewalk,I can only imagine the conversation between him and Alexei Leonov.

Anyway another great guest,thanks showmasters and seeing as this is my 10th show do I get a concession,maybe a gold pass,lol. :(

Cheers,

Alex.