burt reynolds

indio

will not do event now he says he is to old for all this its a yonger mans job

but hay indio you know that as i told you that on the phone

jason :smile:

Too old? He's only 71.

Norman Wisdom was 91 when he appeared at Autographica.

John Mills was 96.

I don't think he's too old.

Well, apparently he thinks he's too old and he's the one who has to sign the contract. ;)

Also, don't forget that he is coming from the US, and not from the UK like the two guests you mentioned. That's a way longer trip. :smile:

I suppose you're right.

That was in the US, even on the west coast. It's like a 40 minutes flight from LA. You can even drive that distance if you want, I did it in November.

That's not like an 11 hour journey on board of a plane, even if you're flying Business or First Class. I can see why a 71 year old man doesn't want to do the second option anymore.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

Unfortunately it's often the case that you'll get plenty of signers in the US simply because it's cheaper and easier, both for organiser and guest. That's often not even taking into account the age of someone as in Burt's situation.

So while a lot will be 'willing' as such, having an event overseas unfortunately complicates things a bit.

• Showmasters Admin

if you go on to www.her-stories.com you will see burt did a signing in las vegas last month.

HIS PEOPLE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS, IT WAS FOR A CAR PROMO AS THE TRANS-AM CAR WAS REBILT

IT WAS NOT A SINGNING THING IN BURTS EYES IT WAS FOR THE CAR

I TALK TO THEM THOTHER NIGHT I MAY GET TO MEET HIM AGIN AS GOT ON WELL AND HE IS OVER HERE THIS YEAR FILMING 2 FILMS OVER HERE ONE OF THEM IN MARCH BUT HE IS NOT GOING TO A SIGNING

SO "INDIO" I ASKED OK, HE IS NOT GOING TO DO IT THATS IT I CANOT DO ANY MORE SO I THINK THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN PUT TO BEAD NOW

ANY ONE THAT WANTED TO MEET THIS MAN AT A SHOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LFCC 2

IT PROVES ONE THING IF YOU WANT TO MEET SOMEONE AND WE HAVE ATTENDING A SHOW, GO SEE THEM SOME PEOPLE SAY ON HERE I WILL WHATE AND SEE THEM AT ANOTHER EVENT, WHICH SOMETIMES WILL NEVER HAPPEN

NORMAN WISDOM

Pat Morita

SIR JOHN MILLS

JUST TO NAME A FEW

WELL I THINK THAT IS EVERY THING

JASON :YAHOO:

Is that a NO then? LOL Sorry I am only joking.

I attended LFCC when Burt made the appearence he was a fantastic guest. You have to appreciate Burt's comments that he is getting to old for this type of thing in the UK. I mean most of the guests fly in do the convention and then fly back out so it is a bit all rushed so people of his age that have to fly ex-amount of miles to and from the convention it probably left the poor bloke worn out and tired with jet lag.

I feel sorry for people that have only just started to attend these events or was unable to attend LFCC but unfortunately thats the way the cookie crumbles! There have been shows that I have really wanted to attend but due to all kinds of reasons haven't been able to attend, but I live with it I just think oh well and not let it get to me.

ANYONE THAT WANTED TO MEET THIS MAN AT A SHOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LFCC 2

IT PROVES ONE THING - IF YOU WANT TO MEET SOMEONE AND WE HAVE THEM ATTENDING A SHOW, GO SEE THEM. SOME PEOPLE SAY ON HERE "I WILL WAIT AND SEE THEM AT ANOTHER EVENT" WHICH SOMETIMES WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Bravo, my thoughts exactly - SM should always make this clear. I treat each guest appearance as a once-in a-lifetime opportunity.

It's quite tiresome especially to see guest suggestions for repeat guests that have only just recently attended events (recent doesn't apply to Reynolds of course). These suggestions are usually from people who didn't go to the show and use "cos I missed them last time" as basically the sole reason why they should return...and then there's the guest suggestions that say, "get them to C13 cos I can't make it to Manchester". :WINCE:

Indio knows that Reynolds makes appearences in the USA, maybe he could think about going over there himself at the time of an appeareance and make a holiday out of it? That's if he really wants to meet him as badly as we think?

Don’t they sometimes create a bit of this problem themselves though?

With some guests being constantly repeated and repeated and repeated.

Certainly a large percentage of each show after all are ‘old faces’.

But I get what your saying Nicky.

Edited by James The Horse

Yeah, I see what you're saying too in that there are always guests that keep coming back again and again and others that don't - it's just that some guests are rarer than others but I generally treat each first appearence as their only one especially the big guests.

If you like a guest enough then you'll go thru great lengths to meet them.

Edited by nicky

Yeah, I see what you're saying too in that there are always guests that keep coming back again and again and others that don't - it's just that some guests are rarer than others but I generally treat each first appearence as their only one especially the big guests.

If you like a guest enough then you'll go thru great lengths to meet them.

Couldn't agree more nicky! Over the years I have travelled far and wide (well up & down England) to meet the big guests, as you so rightly say its best to treat it "as their only one". Cosequently I have met the likes of Burt, Val Kilmer, Pat Morita, Ursula Andress, Karl Urban, Brandon Routh, Mark Hamill & Malcolm McDowall. In the case of MM he was pretty much the sole reason I travelled up to Manchester and back again in the snow.