Where's the old Autographica Team gone?

jamesthehorse

Does anybody know what happened to the old ‘Autographica’ team.

I used to look forward to their announcements, because they always made it fun, and were so friendly, and approachable.

Autographica ran differently to the other Showmasters events, and I liked how it was so informal and relaxed.

Now we just have arguments, and locked threads, etc.

Please come back guys. I miss you!.

:poki:

I agree with some of the comments,since the show has got bigger it has lacked a certain something, i beleive that is a personal touch.

When Dave/Garry had the event it was smaller but they still had great guests it was more personal you could spend more time with the guests.

The show now has become like to rest massed produced you have tyo pay for everything, perhaps less people will attend the show this year.

• Moderators

Many of my friends have said to me that Autographica is the most relaxed and personal event that they attend - certainly compared to the other SM events. Is it really that different to how it was before? I can't imagine it being on the same scale as Collectormania etc in size or attendance.

A couple of 'arguments' and locked topics on here isn't entirely representative of the actual event.

Where have all the old faces gone though?

Why have they all gone missing?

Why don’t they do the announcements anymore?

I for one want them back.

It’s just not the same.

:poki: Have they been bought out?

Garry told me that he's no longer involved with the business.

That’s sad news.

Does anybody know ‘why’ this spit has occurred?.

He and Dave were ‘Autographica’ – and the reason it was so good.

Is Dave still involved, or has he gone too?. :P

I agree,that`s really bad news.

Garry`s commitment for Autographica was an guarantee for famous space guests.

Did the cooperation between Autographica and the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation close as well ?

Helmut

• Moderators

Hello everyone

Yes i am still alive, I have just escaped from the basement of Showmasters towers and i am

making my way home via switzerland.

Seriously guy,s

I am still here and very much kicking.

Working away in the background to produce what i believe will be a spectacular show.

The hotel is fantastic, the exhibition space is unbelievable and our guest list is rocking.

Loads more to come.

I like to leave you all alone to fight it out on the forum.

But i will tell you this, this years guest line up is going to be great.

Now please let me get on as i still have another 200 miles until i clear enemy territory.

Dave Phillips

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Jason from the big bad Showmasters here, we will still be working with Astronaut Scholarship Foundation and like last year intend to bring over big names from past space programs

i would like to say one thing to the comment above and that is before we joined up with Autographica it was a well run fun event that just covered its costs,

after Showmasters joined up with Autographica all that did not change we still run a well run fun event that just covers its costs

infact the only thing that changed was that Showmasters were able to under right bigger fees and gaurantees which ment Autographica could take the risk and book much bigger guests that needed bigger gaurantee and fees

with out Showmaster we would not have met

The likes of

Jim lovell

Buzz Aldrin

Fred Haise

Ursula Andress

Norman Wisdom

as to the running of the events that was left to Dave and Gary which did a fine job

The show it self costs alot of money to run and alot of risk for very little reward,

I know that at some time or another Gary,Dave and myself have all felt that we did not want to work so hard for manny months and not even break even which sometimes has happened including the last event

i know it must be hard to understand how you can not make money with a show like Autographica

well we have to pay fees to guests,hotel,adds,photos,food for the guests,flights for guests,rooms for the crew,rooms for the guests,etc and we have to get that all back over only 3 days and sometimes we do sometimes we do not

now as to Dave and Gary not being on here so much well Gary was never on here at all really, and as for Dave he is like me working on guests and trying to get ahead of him self and doing a good job i think,

so i have had to come on here to try to keep the peace and i do it a bit difrent from Dave i know but i do not think Dave has had to deal with the arguments i have had to this time

but i do talk to him evey day and he has as much a say in what guests come to the event or not so nothing has changed there and dave has been behind every guest we have put up for this show

as to Gary he has sead that he is going to stop co running the events with us mostly due to alot of the above time, risk ,etc not having enuff time to do what he wants, but things have not been put in stone yet.

even if Gary is not involed in the running of the events he will still be at them and problay having more fun than Dave and my self

well i hope that explains what is going on and puts your minds at rest that just because we are now getting some military guests into the mix we will not forget the classic TV and Film stars you have all become to love to meet at Autographica

just remeber we are all fans and we all work to make the events continue and i would like to thank you all for all the support you have given us over the years

all the best

jason :(

Hi Jason from the big bad Showmasters here, we will still be working with Astronaut Scholarship Foundation and like last year intend to bring over big names from past space programs

i would like to say one thing to the comment above and that is before we joined up with Autographica it was a well run fun event that just covered its costs,

after Showmasters joined up with Autographica all that did not change we still run a well run fun event that just covers its costs

infact the only thing that changed was that Showmasters were able to under right bigger fees and gaurantees which ment Autographica could take the risk and book much bigger guests that needed bigger gaurantee and fees

with out Showmaster we would not have met

The likes of

Jim lovell

Buzz Aldrin

Fred Haise

Ursula Andress

Norman Wisdom

as to the running of the events that was left to Dave and Gary which did a fine job

The show it self costs alot of money to run and alot of risk for very little reward,

I know that at some time or another Gary,Dave and myself have all felt that we did not want to work so hard for manny months and not even break even which sometimes has happened including the last event

i know it must be hard to understand how you can not make money with a show like Autographica

well we have to pay fees to guests,hotel,adds,photos,food for the guests,flights for guests,rooms for the crew,rooms for the guests,etc and we have to get that all back over only 3 days and sometimes we do sometimes we do not

now as to Dave and Gary not being on here so much well Gary was never on here at all really, and as for Dave he is like me working on guests and trying to get ahead of him self and doing a good job i think,

so i have had to come on here to try to keep the peace and i do it a bit difrent from Dave i know but i do not think Dave has had to deal with the arguments i have had to this time

but i do talk to him evey day and he has as much a say in what guests come to the event or not so nothing has changed there and dave has been behind every guest we have put up for this show

as to Gary he has sead that he is going to stop co running the events with us mostly due to alot of the above time, risk ,etc not having enuff time to do what he wants, but things have not been put in stone yet.

even if Gary is not involed in the running of the events he will still be at them and problay having more fun than Dave and my self

well i hope that explains what is going on and puts your minds at rest that just because we are now getting some military guests into the mix we will not forget the classic TV and Film stars you have all become to love to meet at Autographica

just remeber we are all fans and we all work to make the events continue and i would like to thank you all for all the support you have given us over the years

all the best

jason :(

Keep up the great work Showmasters, and Dave. This is a great show that I love coming too each year. Thanks I role on April.

• Moderators

What is your point then?

No doubt if Dave has the time etc then he'll do what he can on here as usual, but he's never been as active as other 'moderators' on here - if things kick off about certain topics, they'll simply be dealt with by whoever is around, and as soon as possible.

What is your point then?

You beat me to that. :YAHOO:

I fully realize what you were hinting at, James.

But we've been through the "all Showmasters moderators are evil" bit one here quite some times, and every time it has been explained why other moderators than Dave, Jason and the other organisers have been appointed.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

If this is your point David has already answered your questions:

No doubt if Dave has the time etc then he'll do what he can on here as usual, but he's never been as active as other 'moderators' on here - if things kick off about certain topics, they'll simply be dealt with by whoever is around, and as soon as possible.

Just like Showmasters themselves Dave has never been as active as the other moderators. There have always been moderators like TooTall, David or myself around keeping an eye on the Autographica section.

Things have not been "ran differently" in this section of the forum before.

The only thing that has lately changed is that Showmasters have done the last guest announcements. And I am really not sure what the problem with that is. As long as guests are being announced, does it really matter who announces them?

• Showmasters Admin

Honestly, you’re arguing about something that can be easily proved by simply reading the forum.

So why bother?.

You clearly must be bored.

I do not see where you are coming from, Dave is on here and we have both talked to you so he is not missing :huh:

I HAVE NOT EATEN HIM :lol:

You may get along better with Dave, maybe he is more like a friend ? Maybe it should not take place on here though - maybe you two should get a room ? :blink: just kidding :lol::lol:

So Dave is still here and we are both working on guests at this time, but I do not think you will see much different in how the shows are run :D

this is going to be a great event :wub:

jason :WAVE: