Silent Hill - What happened

starfighter

I have watched this a few times had in depth talks with people who i work with. I even asked Alice Krige but didn`t get an answer. What happens at the end.

Are Rose and the Police woman dead . It is clear that Alessa as taken over Sharon but why. To cross back over from purgatory you must be still alive , but they can`t be because when Rose gets back home her husband cannot see her.

Theroy 1 Rose and her daughter died ( car left the road and went into the river ). Police woman lost control and went through the wall so both finish up in silent hill.

Theroy 2 They cross over some kind of dimension divide due to Alessa and Sharons connection, but cannot find their way back.

Theroy 3 They were all abducted by space aliens and its one big experiment

Theroy 4 Nobody really cares the film is just there to twist your mind

come on let me know what you think

It's really open to interpretation, as the games are.

The film was done in a similar way to the 1st game at least, in that the player wasn't spoon fed any information and had to decide themselves what it was about, and the movies end pushes this on the viewer even more so.

The real point is, did you enjoy it?

Glad you enjoyed it! ;)

As for your theories, you can forget about theory 3 and 4 :YAHOO:

Theory 2 is closest to the truth. Id say they definitely arent dead as such. When Gucci first meets Chris, he tells him that they found Rose's car on the road ahead. This validates what is really known about Silent Hill, that there are 3 different worlds within it, the normal world, the foggy world, and the Other world.

When Rose crashed, she was 'taken' into the foggy world, from which there's no escape(at least while she's with Alessa, and she won't ever leave her). The town only takes who it wants, thats why it took Rose and Cybil and not Gucci and Chris.

As for the ending, I interpret it as the dark Alessa tricking Rose so that it can escape Silent Hill and widen its grip on the world, even though it can't escape into the normal world as such, perhaps it means that it can pull more people in now having escaped the town itself. By the way Rose is acting at the end of the film, id say perhaps she even knows that Sharon is possessed but just wants to be with her no matter what.

I`ll go with that. Don`t know if you have read any of the comics at least one goes down the line that the evil that is silent hill reaches beyound the town.

Have another theory (got the spelling right this time) Deleted final Scene which will be replaced in the special edition box set. As the fog thickens at the end of the film Rose snaps out of her daydream to find herself in the shower still married, but without a demonic kid. She doesn`t even know about Silent Hill and she never crashed her car and died.

only kidding must stop watching Dallas re-runs

Have a good new year JacknDaniel

Haha you too :WAVE:

APPARENTLY there was an alternate ending(well 'boss battle') filmed where instead of the bed ridden Alessa taking revenge on the cult, it was 4 pyramid heads :clap: would have been pretty spectacular to see, but the real ending seems more appropriate as its Alessa taking her revenge.

Ive read 2 or 3 of the graphic novels, i think theres one ive not read. Need to read em again though, cant remember much about them!

• 2 weeks later...