Any chance of a One Tree Hill con?

luvyourlife

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the petition would be more interesting for Showmasters if this was about something like "I'd buy a ticket if you run a OTH event before any guest is announced". Signing a petition is easy but a lot of people doing it might just go to an event if some specific guests are coming. Another organizer tried to run a OTH con last year (it was combined with Gossip Girl as well I think) and had to cancel because of too low ticket sales. They told the fans that if they could not sell 200 tickets in the next 4 weeks, they would have to cancel and still it happened. As far as I know (I'm not a OTH fan), the guests were good but still people wanted more before buying a ticket. Good guests from the main cast can only come to those events only if ticket sales are high but for non sci-fi shows, it has been proved many times in the past that attendees do the opposite and buy tickets only when their favourite guests are added.

I'd buy them before any guest is announced, I know that for sure - I can't think of anyone I WOULDNT be thrilled about meeting! They're all lovely!

I still need to meet Kate... badly. She could sing at the parties!

Oh we don't mess around we've git no freeeedom to come down we dont take angeeeeeeeeels from the skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy oh no

I think the petition would be more interesting for Showmasters if this was about something like "I'd buy a ticket if you run a OTH event before any guest is announced". Signing a petition is easy but a lot of people doing it might just go to an event if some specific guests are coming. Another organizer tried to run a OTH con last year (it was combined with Gossip Girl as well I think) and had to cancel because of too low ticket sales. They told the fans that if they could not sell 200 tickets in the next 4 weeks, they would have to cancel and still it happened. As far as I know (I'm not a OTH fan), the guests were good but still people wanted more before buying a ticket. Good guests from the main cast can only come to those events only if ticket sales are high but for non sci-fi shows, it has been proved many times in the past that attendees do the opposite and buy tickets only when their favourite guests are added.

But I think a lot of people who signed the petition would buy a ticket if there was a convention announced...

Before the first guests announced... :YAHOO:

I will do it ! :dance:

This TV-show has so much fans, and there has never been any OTH event..

So i think it would be a great succes :YAHOO:

That kind of show doesn't need big name to sell tickets...

About the OTH/Gossip Girl convention which has been canceled... I think the advertising of the event was really very bad...

I didn't know this convention... i have only known this event when they spok about the cancelation...

I think if the advertising of the event has been better, they would have sell more tickets.

Gossip girl and OTH have so much fans, they are "popular" tv show...

In France, Gossip Girl and OTH have so more spectators than TV show like Heroes, LOST, 24 or Scifi shows...

I don't think the showmasters has problem to make good advertising for their event...

And if we can help SM to advertise such an event, we'll do it :dance:

Of course, you're right... some attendees are waiting big names to buy a pass... :YAHOO::YAHOO:

But if the petition is a succes, perhaps they can decide to organise an OTH event without big names, and after... if the sale of tickets is a success, perhaps we could have one big name...

What we have to do :

1 - to show to SM our interest for the event

2 - SM takes the decision to organise the event

3 - We have to buy pass to support the event

4 - perhaps we will have one big name :dance:

But the first stage is to show our support for such an event.

And this petition is a good idea !

And after... wait and see ^^

I agree it's a good idea but there is a long way from starting a petition to Showmasters running an event. There are so many parameters that will intervene, guests availability, guests interest and so on.

I disagree with you on one point: it's not because there are so many fans out there that a convention would be successful. Otherwise there would have been conventions about CSI, House, NCIS, 24, ER, Grey's Anatomy and many other similar shows that have a much bigger audience than sci-fi shows indeed. But a very very small amount of these people are interested to go to a convention and pay a lot of money to meet their favourite characters. That is a fact. For sci-fi shows, we (the geeks) are much more open to the idea :YAHOO:

I agree it's a good idea but there is a long way from starting a petition to Showmasters running an event. There are so many parameters that will intervene, guests availability, guests interest and so on.

Nobody told that it would be easy...

You're right ! It's a very long way, but it's free :YAHOO:

It only costs our enthousiasm :YAHOO:

I disagree with you on one point: it's not because there are so many fans out there that a convention would be successful. Otherwise there would have been conventions about CSI, House, NCIS, 24, ER, Grey's Anatomy and many other similar shows that have a much bigger audience than sci-fi shows indeed. But a very very small amount of these people are interested to go to a convention and pay a lot of money to meet their favourite characters. That is a fact. For sci-fi shows, we (the geeks) are much more open to the idea :dance:

I agree and disagree with you in the same time :dance:

Yes, I agree that "popular" tv-shows are watched by a very large public (not only fans) and only a minority would be interested by a convention.

But a minority of the CSI or House telespectators is more than all the spectators of some Scifi show :dance:

You told "Otherwise there would have been conventions about CSI, House, NCIS, 24, ER, Grey's Anatomy and many other similar shows that have a much bigger audience than sci-fi shows indeed"

I will agree with that only when there will have been a CSI convention or a House convention or a 24 convention, and when this convention will have been a failure :YAHOO:

In fact, there is only Scifi convention today, but nobody knows if a CSI convention would not be a big success...

I'm sure that the first organiser who will take the risk of a CSI or 24 (or OTH) convention won't regret it...

There is perhaps different explanations about "why isn't there any CSI or 24 convention ?"

It's possible that the actors of these shows aren't available, but the lack of attendees or the lack of interest isn't the right explanation to my mind...

What i will say now isn't nasty or disrespectful for the actors :headscratch: (i hope you believe me) but it's just a reallity : some actors of the Scifi shows are very happy to come to the convention... because... many of them are doing more conventions than they are acting now... I won't give name, because it could be consider as disrespectful, and it's not the purpose of my message...:YAHOO:

Edited by sebastianillyria

I'd buy a ticket before any guests were announced. You only have to look at all of showmasters past events to see that they are a reliable organisation, that frequently get good guests.

I actually sent an email to showmasters a while ago, telling them all the reasons I think a One Tree Hill event could work, and why the one that got cancelled didnt. It was pretty long though, so im not going to post all points I made on here.

And yes, we know it wont be easy, but one tree hill fans are some of the most dedicated I know, and I really believe that if it was advertised enough, then an OTH convention could be a complete success.

Like we've been saying, the numbers on the petition might not be going up very fast, but they ARE going up. That has to count for something.

OTH fans are the most dedicated people out there. LOL. Season 5 and 6 aren't as good as old school OTH, lets face it, but the majority of us have stuck to it and still love it. Most of us can't imagine giving up OTH, even next season with the two departures I shant mention although you all know anyway! I think tahts why a con would be succesful... the vibe there would be amazing!

OTH fans are the most dedicated people out there. LOL. Season 5 and 6 aren't as good as old school OTH, lets face it, but the majority of us have stuck to it and still love it. Most of us can't imagine giving up OTH, even next season with the two departures I shant mention although you all know anyway! I think tahts why a con would be succesful... the vibe there would be amazing!

Exactly! We just need to prove this to showmasters!

(Although I have to say, I actually love season 6 - but youre right, its not the same as the early seasons)

Season 5 and 6 aren't as good as old school OTH, lets face it, but the majority of us have stuck to it and still love it.

I really love the season 5 ! :unsure:

But I refuse to watch the season 6... I prefer to wait...

I don't want to have the answer of the final scene of the season 5 :pyth:

Edited by sebastianillyria

I like season 6 as well - I mean, I was sobbing like hell at

**************SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********************

Peyton's condition, and when she made that tape last week, and at the baby shower and then at the ep where lucas made the nursery for teh baby and then peyton told him, and also in that ep when she was like i am having this kid, and he was like if it means i'll lose you i say terminate it. And then at the end when peyton said again i'm having this baby, and he was like no, we are. <3 Oh god, I cried so hard. And not to forget when Sam left to live with her mom! Oh my god.

**************SPOILER OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********************

Okay, see how carried away i get?!

Edited by .Kirst

I'm exactly the same! Ever since it came back from that stupid hiatus, its had me crying non stop! And i think Im going to be crying my eyes out at the last 2 episodes aswell.

Its fine to get carried away - it shows our dedication haha

See, the sims thing was oddly moving! I like to pretend it was just the fray song that was playing in the background that did it (cos theyre one of my favourite bands).

After the next US episode airs, we need to go on the official OTH thread on here (in the other tv shows and films section) and talk about how much we cried haha.

And yes we are too obsessed, but who said that was a bad thing? <_<

There was a OTH/Gossip Girl con?

That's my dream :P:(

Anyways, FOR SURE I would buy a ticket before any guests were announced!

As for the other OTH con that got cancelled due to lack of ticket sales

1. I didn't even know about it, so bad advertising :P

2. It was a Supernatural/OTH con so OTH fans might not of come due to the fact they don't watch Supernatural and don't want to go to a con with only 2 guests from OTH and the others just from Supernatural

And I love Season 6 too! :unsure:

No there wasnt an OTH/GG con. The one that was going to be with supernatural got cancelled, then they said that they would do an OTH/GG con, but it never went anywhere. So you didnt miss out on anything dont worry.

Yay for season 6 lovers :P

I think mixing OTH with gossip girl could be really successful, with the right guests.

I want an episode of OTH and GG combined. Can you imagine it? Like all the OTH characters go on a road trip to new york and bump into all the GG characters. How awesome would that be?

Chuck Bass = legend!