David Boreanaz special event

CPFC1905

I know there was one done a few years ago in brighton, not by SM but perhaps they could set up one, having David as the main guest, then have other small actors/actresses that hes worked with there aswell?

Whats everyones thoughts on that?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that DB charges a LOT more than other Buffy/Angel guests. We're talking six figure fees.

would this b the same if he is say promoting a new bones season or somthing in the same week we asked him to do a show?

Edited by lovbug

i wasted £1000 for a one day event with david and he was the rudest guest ive ever met.

I love buffy and angel but he really put me off and let down a lot of fans.

I still love watching bones and his funny character has made me warm to him again but i would never pay to go to an event to see him again.

I went to the other event.

Organisation was terrible and the costs were ridiculous. It was great to meet David though.

He did another event that was even more expensive a couple of years later, so I didn't bother with that one. If showmasters did a David event with a more reasonable price I'd for sure.

But I'd be just as happy if he was a guest at a Collectormania.

er, six figures isn't £1 million... its between £100,000 and £999,999. £1million is a 7 figure sum... sorry lol. £100k is still a lot lol, but its more doo-able than a mil lol.

I still hold hope!! Brandon and Patrick I'm sure have pretty high fees and Patrik is on his second show! I'm sure its just a case of timing :P

Sorry but I thought a six figure fee had 6 figures! e.g. 100,000 I really doubt he got a million!

Exactly. I doubt he even commands a six figure sum in the States now on a regular basis. His place it the upper ranks of the cult sci fi tv world has deminished over the past few years due to Angel finishing. He would be popular, but not as big a draw as he woudl have been a few years ago.

I really think you underestimate the popularity of Bones.

True, it doesn't have the cult following that Angel and Buffy have/had, but it is very popular.

My mom got to know David through Bones and has actually borrowed my Buffy DVDs because she liked him there. :WAVE:

Exactly, it may be popular, but not in the league of Angel and Buffy. I would be greatly surprised if advertising during breaks of Bones came anywhere near if the two were compared taking into account different fiscal markets. Bones is Championship Football, whilst Angel and Buffy were Premiership when it comes to advertising etc...

Advertising?

Bones is on one of the big channels in the US while Buffy started on a smaller channel. I'm pretty sure that the big channels like CBS and NBC do take more money for advertising per minute in general than WB, CW, SciFi Channel and such. :rolleyes:

Plus we are talking of two totally different types of shows here anyway. Buffy was without a doubt one of the most popular shows ever going by fan base, but Bones is a crime show. I personally think you can't compare crime shows to SciFi/mystery/whatever you personally classify Buffy as. That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Your posts come across as if David went from "$ 20 million for a movie" to a "TV movie of the week actor who barely makes his living" because Angel's over and he's starring on Bones now. And that most certainly is not true.

• Moderators

Bones gets around 8/9 million viewers - that's generally a couple million more than Buffy or Angel got at times (I'm sure 4-6 million would've been standard originally for Buffy at least).

So in viewing figures, Bones is certainly more popular - but in cult terms? As QS said, you can't really compare the two shows.

The difference is that they appeal to completely different sections of the tv viewing public. As I said previously, I've never been into Buffy/Angel, that kind of fantasy show just didn't appeal to me in any way at the time (although if it was showing now I might be more open minded). However, forensics/crime shows like CSI, Bones, Criminal Minds etc have a massive following too. I guess it's 'real' crime fighting compared to 'fantasy' crime fighting. You can't really compare them like for like I don't think.

However, I think that because David has been in highly popular and successful shows in both genres, his appeal to the paying public is guaranteed.

To use the term "$ 20 million for a movie" to a "TV movie of the week actor who barely makes his living" is, in my opinion, taking what I have put and trying to make it sound worse than it could come across. Nowhere have I suggested that David Boreanaz's financial pull is in the region of "struggling to make a living"

Opinions are as personal as understanding of said opinions is.

You may try to "put it friendly", but that is exactly how you come across for me. If this is not what you were trying to say, okay, clarification accepted. :D

I've seen German TV channels flee into that market percentage thing when they try to campaign "we are the biggest". But that still doesn't change the number of total viewers. 75 percent market percentage of 4 millions is still less than 50 percent of 9 millions. :P

But let's leave that aside - one can read numbers almost any way one wants, right? ;)

Of course I am not his accountant - I hate accounting with a passion anyway :D - but why shouldn't David still demand six figure amounts?

How many events has he done at all?

It's kind of logical (at least to me) that people who are "rare" guests will often demand more money, because they are aware people will come to see them, simply because they have been fans for a long time and never met them, they need to complete an autographed cast shot or whatever.

If they'll get through with demanding that much, that's a completely different story. ;)

There's another thing that I think you're not considering: Buffy/Angel fans are very loyal. Extremely loyal.

Buffy and Angel guests are probably among the most requested on the forum here even now.

Long term fans would still come to see David for Buffy/Angel, just look at the posts here in this thread. David hasn't done an event in the UK for a while, and the opinion about the last ones he did has been posted here.

James Marsters has been to the UK way more often than David, and people still come in large numbers to see him. At C7 the lines for Alexis Denisof (who hadn't done an UK event in a while either) were just as bad as the ones for Jolene Blalock, and this was her first UK event ever - and I hope you won't try to tell me that Star Trek isn't a "cult" show. ;)

Plus David's got new fans coming in for Bones now - so I'd rather say David would even guarantee more money than when he was only on Buffy.

EDIT: By the way - it's fun discussing with you. It's been a while since I've been talking to someone who's taking his time to read what the other person was saying and trying to answer accordingly.

Edited by Queen_Sindel