Star Wars cosplay at GMEX

edgejedi88

Hi peeps - I just wanted to drop by and say a big hi and thanks to everyone for a fun time at the GMEX - especially Emily and the Cosplay crew who looked after us so well (thanks for lending us the hairgrips too! :crying: ).

There were three Star Wars groups who come together regularly at events under a joint group called 'Docking Bay' - Fan Force (a website for the social side of Star Wars fandom), Rebel Legion (for the 'good guys' of the Star Wars saga) and The 99th Imperial Garrison (for the bad dudes of Star Wars!). We thoroughly enjoyed judging the cosplay contest too - but it was a tough decision - so many great costumes! Well done to everyone - great effort!

We had a great time interacting with some of the anime cosplayers and just wondered if anyone would like to work together again at one of the next SM events?

If you have any ideas or things that you think we could do together at an event then please feel free to drop them in here? We love to entertain the SM public and think we could have more fun and get more people involved :D

cosplaygmex.jpg

cosplaygmex2.jpg

gmexstairs.jpg

Edited by edgejedi88

Hey! I saw you guys around over the weekend, I love seeing SW costumes even though I've never seen any of the films (yes, you did just hear correctly!).

Oh, and can I just say:

OMGILOVEYOU! :D You have a picture of me in my Sirius Black costume (first pic, I'm the dark green dirty one :crying:)! Can I steal it to show my friends that weren't there? :crying:

It was indeed a great weekend. I loved seeing all the Star Wars costumes. It was very hard to judge as there were so many great entries. I was also one of the judges (for both days).

I would be interested in doing something that would include all cosplay groups but have just been annouced as the UK moderator for Squareplay and Final Fantasy/Square Enix cosplay website. I'll be doing stuff with that.

*edit* Just noticed that I'm in your first shot. I'm the blond who you can see the shoulder and ear of.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

• 2 weeks later...

It was definitely a good weekend for Star Wars groups - we all worked well together and hopefully created a friendly atmosphere for guests and visitors. Looking forward to future events.

I'd like to echo Jase's and Nici's comments and thank Emily and Showmasters, we are grateful for being there, and it was just good to be able to help the show, I think having fan/costuming groups there helps with making any show more fan friendly, and gives a sense of community.

Legolassie Malfoy - hey ^_^ I was helping Emily with guests for the cosplay contest. Nice to meet you. Look forward to more cosplay events at future shows.

Edited by timb

• 2 weeks later...

Legolassie Malfoy - hey :D I was helping Emily with guests for the cosplay contest. Nice to meet you. Look forward to more cosplay events at future shows.

Nice to meet you also. Yes, I'm looking forward to how the cosplay is growing at Showmasters events. I hope it dose continue to grow.

Leggy xx