Songs that make you cry

tj wildfire

Everyone must have seen at least one album in the shops with a title that includes the word "Tear-Jerkers" or know a song that is classed as a "weepie" or "power-ballad" but i am talking about songs that have made you cry on a personal level because the words were relevant or poignant to you.

The only time it has happened to me was when i went to see the musical "Chicago" and heard the song "Mr Cellophane", i think i spelt it right, and i felt tears forming in my eyes. It was the chorus that really got me:

"Mr Cellophane, Mr Cellophane, Should have been my name, Mr Cellophane"

"`cause you can look right through me and walk right by me and never know i`m there"

I was bullied at school and it left me feeling invisible. No-one liked me or wanted to talk to me.

I have never identified or connected with a song the way i did with this one.

What songs have made you cry?

You don`t have to explain the significance if you don`t want to but if it helps like this did then feel free to pour your heart out.

So so many songs - the ones that spring to mind are from musicals atm

The whole of Miss Saigon - especially the ending

For good - Wicked

Who wants to live forever - the WWRY harmonys get me every time

pretty much any song from les mis.... erm yeah. I'm a sucker for a good song

oooo and a song called "my brother Lived in San Fancisco" from a show called "elegies for punks, angels and raging queens" It is actually amazing that song.

Zero7 - Somersault

Tom McRae - 2nd Law. (actually quite a lot of Tom McRae)

Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah (has done since I first heard it 2 years ago... but more now)

Christina Aguilera - Hurt

Hope - Who Am I to Say

Hope - Rain Don't Last

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek

All on a very personal level, like you said.

Edited by Schmooz

Innocence - Avril Lavigne (the lyrics are beautiful and as it says in the song 'its so beautiful it makes you wanna cry')

We Are Broken - Paramore (i never really cry i just feel so sad and i love it so much)

The Fourth Drink Instinct - Cute Is What We Aim For

Morning Sadness - Madina Lake

True Love - Madina Lake

Are We The Waiting - Green Day

Edited by puddlejumpers

Blimey, loads make me cry, depending on my mood though! Most of them have personal reasons why they make me cry, so certain people wouldn't necessarily agree that they are that type of song.

Here Without You - 3 Doors Down (I think that the words are really moving in this song)

Angels - Robbie Williams

She's The One - Robbie Williams

Fix You - Coldplay

Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

March On - Good Charlotte

Emotionless - Good Charlotte

^Those are a few, :hathor::borg:

Edited by Laurenx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are LOADS of songs that make me cry. I'm a walking disaster!

Many of The Smashing Pumpkins' songs do...especially from Mellon Collie and Adore.

David Bowie always has a habit of making me want to burst into tears, but that's usually because I feel SO happy. Space Oddity is an example. My heart just explodes lol...

Bjork - All is Full of Love

Tori Amos - Winter

Hmmmmm, what else? There are so many, seriously. There are a lot from musicals that get me, especially from Les Miserables. Oh, and lots of classical stuff. I adore classical music and I would say out of any type of music, THAT is the one that gets me blubbing the most! :dance:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...