Replies to FAQ

Queen_Sindel

A fair few never went into the shop in the first place.

None have sold out yet.

Ah, I see! So are the ones that aren't there being sold on the day, or being put into the shop closer to the time, or how would we buy the tickets for them, otherwise? Just so I'm clear? Thanks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

A fair few never went into the shop in the first place.

None have sold out yet.

Ah, I see! So are the ones that aren't there being sold on the day, or being put into the shop closer to the time, or how would we buy the tickets for them, otherwise? Just so I'm clear? Thanks.

The list that is in the FAQ is ALL the photo shoots going ahead at G-Mex. The on-line shop is now closed, if you want a ticket for any of the listed photo shoots you can now only get them at the show.

What "other" photo shoots are you talking about?

Question re: the disability issue..

My sister will be coming with me on the Sunday and she will be one week post-chemo, which means she gets tired very easily and can't stand and queue for a long time or walk very fast etc. I've read through the FAQ and see that I can e.g. get a virtual queue ticket on her behalf and stuff so my question is this (not having been to this event at GMex before)... are there seats etc around the place where she can sit and have a rest? In fact, are there seats anywhere other than in the talk area? Or if she's really tired and *needs* to sit down, can she do so in the talk area?

I've assured her that these cons do try really hard to make provision for folks with particular needs (based on my experience of similar events - not sure I've ever been to a Showmasters one before) but I just wanted to have an idea of what can be done to help her.

Likewise, if we get virtual queue tickets and come to queue when our ticket numbers are called and there is say a 10-15 minute queue to get to the desk and get the autograph, is there anywhere she can sit and wait for her turn, rather than standing in the queue? Or can provision be made for her to pop to the front and get her autograph and then go away and find a seat again?

I'll take the advice in the FAQ and have a chat with staff when we get there and see what they advise but I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas in advance?

• Showmasters Admin

We will always try our best to help disabled people.

Yes you can go and get VT tickets for her. There should be seating, but I can't be 100% sure of this. The centre it's self has cafes etc which do have seats. If you explain to the talk crew the situation I'm sure they will not stop you from entering the talk area to sit down. Unless of course it's full. Please don't try and go there during the James talk if you don't have tickets.

We can sort it out so that she can have a seat at the end of the queue and when you get to the front she can join you.

Once you get your VTs, please go to the Org Booth and explain your situation and they'll be able to help you. If you have any problems at all, please ask for me. All the crew will know who Too Tall is.

Trust me it'll be fine. We'll do everything we can to help. We just need to know how :unsure:

Edited by Too Tall

We will always try our best to help disabled people.

Yes you can go and get VT tickets for her. There should be seating, but I can't be 100% sure of this. The centre it's self has cafes etc which do have seats. If you explain to the talk crew the situation I'm sure they will not stop you from entering the talk area to sit down. Unless of course it's full. Please odn't try and go there during the James talk if you don't have tickets.

We can sort it out so that she can have a seat at the end of the queue and when you get to the front she can join you.

Once you get your VTs, please go to the Org Booth and explain your situation and they'll be able to help you. If you have any problems at all, please ask for me. All the crew will know who Too Tall is.

Trust me it'll be fine. We'll do everything we can to help. We just need to know how :lol:

Awesome! That's wonderful of you - thanks so much for your help. As I said, I knew you guys were really accomodating to disabled folks and I've reassured her about that.. I just wanted to get an idea of how things should work. If she can plonk herself down at the end of a queue and then join me when I get to the front or when it's her turn, that would suit her fine.

Regarding the info in the FAQ, what kind of proof would you suggest she bring to confirm her disbility? She receives Disability Living Allowance and has a disabled badge for the car etc.. but that's probably gonna be in the car! :unsure: I think she has a letter confirming she is eligible for DLA - would that do?

• Showmasters Admin

Awesome! That's wonderful of you - thanks so much for your help. As I said, I knew you guys were really accomodating to disabled folks and I've reassured her about that.. I just wanted to get an idea of how things should work. If she can plonk herself down at the end of a queue and then join me when I get to the front or when it's her turn, that would suit her fine.

Regarding the info in the FAQ, what kind of proof would you suggest she bring to confirm her disbility? She receives Disability Living Allowance and has a disabled badge for the car etc.. but that's probably gonna be in the car! :unsure: I think she has a letter confirming she is eligible for DLA - would that do?

The letter will be fine. I suggest bringing some form of proof, because although to most people it is unthinkable we do have people that lie about being disabled to get preferential treatment.

The letter will be fine. I suggest bringing some form of proof, because although to most people it is unthinkable we do have people that lie about being disabled to get preferential treatment.

Incredible, isn't it? :lol:

Whereas my sister is the complete opposite and doesn't want to make a fuss and is worried about "taking a disabled spot from someone who really needs it"! :unsure:

We may not have any problems and she may do fine and not need any help, it all just depends on how she's feeling on the day. But it's definitely a good idea to being proof in case she does need help cos she doesn't look ill/disabled.

• Showmasters Admin

It is indeed.

If your sister needs help, as I say please don't hesitate to ask. Either at the org booth, or talk to one of the Pit Bosses (these are the crew in red t-shirts) as they run the signing areas. Or as I say, if there's an issue, ask for me. I'm always about somewhere :coolthumb:

It is indeed.

If your sister needs help, as I say please don't hesitate to ask. Either at the org booth, or talk to one of the Pit Bosses (these are the crew in red t-shirts) as they run the signing areas. Or as I say, if there's an issue, ask for me. I'm always about somewhere :coolthumb:

I'm somehow imagining you being visible, head and shoulders, above the crowds at GMex... :thumbup::grump:

• Showmasters Admin

It is indeed.

If your sister needs help, as I say please don't hesitate to ask. Either at the org booth, or talk to one of the Pit Bosses (these are the crew in red t-shirts) as they run the signing areas. Or as I say, if there's an issue, ask for me. I'm always about somewhere :thumbup:

I'm somehow imagining you being visible, head and shoulders, above the crowds at GMex... :grump::WAVE:

I am pretty hard to miss :coolthumb:

Just as a note, Ali, I wouldn't recommend the café seats if your sister won't have a lot of energy, and one week post-chemo I would imagine she won't? They're pretty high to climb up onto, unless she's tall, and it takes energy.

I don't know if I'll be able to bring my carry-seat this time... so I guess I hope to find somewhere, better than last time anyway. LFCC, I was too worn out from standing all day Saturday to costume for Sunday, and I don't want that to happen this time. *mental note to bring DLA letter*

Just as a note, Ali, I wouldn't recommend the café seats if your sister won't have a lot of energy, and one week post-chemo I would imagine she won't? They're pretty high to climb up onto, unless she's tall, and it takes energy.

I don't know if I'll be able to bring my carry-seat this time... so I guess I hope to find somewhere, better than last time anyway. LFCC, I was too worn out from standing all day Saturday to costume for Sunday, and I don't want that to happen this time. *mental note to bring DLA letter*

She may be okay... no way of knowing till the day. Either way she should be okay climbing onto tall seats at the cafe (and she is tallish).. she just doesn't necessarily have the energy to be walking or standing around for a long time. It's not that she's frail or got no energy.. she just gets tired easily and can only walk slowly etc. Mind you, I'm not much faster these days... I may bring my own letter with me just in case as my arthritis has been pretty bad again recently and standing around for a long time is not good and has a tendency to leave me in excruciating pain on bad days!

Me and my sister will make a great pair hobbling round the place on Sunday! :D

She may be okay... no way of knowing till the day. Either way she should be okay climbing onto tall seats at the cafe (and she is tallish).. she just doesn't necessarily have the energy to be walking or standing around for a long time. It's not that she's frail or got no energy.. she just gets tired easily and can only walk slowly etc. Mind you, I'm not much faster these days... I may bring my own letter with me just in case as my arthritis has been pretty bad again recently and standing around for a long time is not good and has a tendency to leave me in excruciating pain on bad days!

Me and my sister will make a great pair hobbling round the place on Sunday! :chair:

*nods* I'm just thinking of what my mama was like at that point, can't really apply it well to someone I don't know. Also, arthritis = evil hellspawn thing. Hoping mine doesn't decide to flare this weekend just to screw with me.

Hee. I hope you have fun!

To other people-- they were pretty tall last time I was there, have they been changed?

Me and my sister will make a great pair hobbling round the place on Sunday! :chair:

*nods* I'm just thinking of what my mama was like at that point, can't really apply it well to someone I don't know. Also, arthritis = evil hellspawn thing. Hoping mine doesn't decide to flare this weekend just to screw with me.

Hee. I hope you have fun!

To other people-- they were pretty tall last time I was there, have they been changed?

The twice I've been I've definitely sat at normal height tables on normal chairs - once in the large back cafe and once in the front one. Is there a bar type cafe with taller ones?

I'm disappointed with the FAQ. I looked at the info for Malcolm McDowell and as I couldn't get a train arriving in Manchester until about 11.30am on Saturday I decided that it wasn't worth making the journey as I thought I'd be unlikely to get to meet him (the FAQ said that if you didn't get to G-Mex before 12am you probably wouldn't get to meet him and I wasn't sure how easily I'd be able to get to the venue even if the train ran on schedule). Now I find that from what people are saying the event wasn't all that busy so I probably would have been able to meet him after all. I hope he comes to a future SM event as I'm very annoyed to have been misinformed and thus to have missed out.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm disappointed with the FAQ. I looked at the info for Malcolm McDowell and as I couldn't get a train arriving in Manchester until about 11.30am on Saturday I decided that it wasn't worth making the journey as I thought I'd be unlikely to get to meet him (the FAQ said that if you didn't get to G-Mex before 12am you probably wouldn't get to meet him and I wasn't sure how easily I'd be able to get to the venue even if the train ran on schedule). Now I find that from what people are saying the event wasn't all that busy so I probably would have been able to meet him after all. I hope he comes to a future SM event as I'm very annoyed to have been misinformed and thus to have missed out.

I'm sorry this happened. As I say in the FAQ, it is only "MY" estimate. I can't see the future.

I was expecting the whole show to be a whole lot busier than it was. I apolagise that you missed out on Malcolm due to my advise.

Edited by Too Tall