Guest Suggestions

AmberB

I suggested this elsewhere, but i'll put in in the proper thread :P

It'd be great if this event had a 45th anniversary dr who theme, as its the week after the 23rd. Would be fantastic to have more of the rarer companions and guest stars. Maureen O'Brien, Jackie Lane, Janet Fielding, Jean Marsh, Philip Madoc, Caroline John, Mark Eden, Derren Nesbitt to name a few.

Id also love more classic 'behind the mask' people such as Reg Whitehead, David Banks, John Scott Martin

i second that

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see David Boreanaz (very unlikely) at the next event at manchester maybe his co start on bones Emily Deschanel or anyone on bones.

Smallville

Buffy

Angel

Lost - Desmond PLEASE!!!!! :smile:

Prison Break

Boston Legal

;)

Okay so I've never posted on here before (I'm one of those blasted hovering people) but decided finally to do the registering an account thing.

And guest suggestions wise?

ANYONE off Buffy and Angel would be great, but most, most especially, especially Kristine Sutherland. I missed the November one that she and James were at because I was away and I was cursing everything. I'm getting my butt over to the Milton Keynes onE James Marsters is gonna be at, so I have compensation there ( :firedevil:), but yeah, getting Kristine Sutherland at this event would just be so, so cool!

Yes anyone from buffy please. Last weekend was great with emma and tony they had full attendance and more for their talks, always popular and i love all the cast, dont mind who. anyone i would be happy with. i would particularly like to see Eliza or nick Brendon though.

nicky

Here are few random suggestions:

Evan Rachel Wood (Thirteen, Across The Universe & American Gothic)

Fairuza Balk (The Craft, American History X & The Waterboy)

Erika Christensen (Traffic, Flightplan & Swimfan)

Emily Bergl (Taken & The Rage: Carrie 2)

Dolph Lundgreon (Rocky IV, Masters of the Universe & Universal Soldier)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, The Grudge & Cruel Intentions)

Heather Donahue (Taken & The Blair Witch Project)

Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Batman & Robin & Scooby Doo 2)

Lindley Booth (Dawn of the Dead, Cry Wolf & 4400)

Thora Birch (American Beauty, The Hole & Ghost World)

Seth Green (Austin Powers, The Italian Job & Buffy)

Robin Tunney (Prison Break, The Craft & End of Days)

Anna Faris (Scary Movie saga & Brokeback Mountain)

Anyone from Buffy or Angel, amy acker (fred) would be great :gorgeous:

nathan fillion, jewel staite, adam baldwin, alan tudyk, summer glau.

I would put sara michelle geller but i might aswell put the lock ness monster (it aint never gonna happen) :D

I hope Showmasters give Manchester some decent guests, because it is fast becoming the forgotten convention behind Milton Keynes, and now Midlands which was given far better guests for some reason.

I went to Manchester last week and it was by far the worst Showmasters event ive been to, the guest line up was abysmal (the first time I had not one person I wanted to meet) and it seemed like there was half as many stalls to look round.

I know a few of the posters here will jump on me for speaking the truth, but im not looking to suck up to them like many do. I was quite angry at wasting £5 because it simpy was not worth it and I expect Showmasters to do a lot better next time.

I hope Showmasters give Manchester some decent guests, because it is fast becoming the forgotten convention behind Milton Keynes, and now Midlands which was given far better guests for some reason.

I went to Manchester last week and it was by far the worst Showmasters event ive been to, the guest line up was abysmal (the first time I had not one person I wanted to meet) and it seemed like there was half as many stalls to look round.

I know a few of the posters here will jump on me for speaking the truth, but im not looking to suck up to them like many do. I was quite angry at wasting £5 because it simpy was not worth it and I expect Showmasters to do a lot better next time.

I agree

Personally i enjoyed the Midlands show as it had a good buzz about it but it saddens me that my local Collectormania gig was a bit of a damp squib

Saturday was just an excuse to buy some goodies from the stalls and as for Sunday it was pretty grim on the whole with bareley anyone queing for autos(maybe everyone got who they wanted on Saturday)fed up looking dealers wanting to get off but not being allowed to due to health and safety reasons and jolly kids with plastic swords and fright wigs destroying the restored credibility after years of ridicule and stereotyping of being a sci fi/ fantasy fan(maybe im a tad hypocritical what with me typing this wearing my Master Replicas Stormtrooper Helmet)in one swing of a Kubikiri Houchowhy ( i googled it).

Listening to stallholders and joe public there wasnt many positive things being said....even the stars on sunday looked bored

pity the poor kid from Heroes who had to resort to a bit of juggling to bide his time.

I hope you have better luck this November

but with it being panto rehearsal season and the American Thanksgiving wknd etc in late November im sure the words "Cancelled due to work commitments/turkey dinner" will rear their ugly head again

Anyway back on topic if you can can you get -

TOM BAKER,MARY TAMM,LALLA WARD and WENDY PADBURY for GMEX 5 thatd be nice

TA.

Gunnar Hansen would be a good one too to add to my growing 7os - 80s horror icon signed pic collection.

and DITA VON TEESE,more Hammer Horror ladies,Fennella Feilding,TIM CURRY or Keeley Hawes would be v nice thanx

Any chance of NOT having Kenny Baker,Marina Sirtis OR the two chaps from Life on Mars(AS ENTERTAINING AS THEY WERE) next time as the size of the non ques on Sunday indicates that they are now surplus to requirements

And as much as i treasure my signed Dave Prowse stuff is there any fan out there who doesnt have his auto??

Any Manga Cosplay kids reading dont take my words the wrong way as i think you brighten these Conventions up.

Edited by vintageSW77

Can we have some different guests this time?? When I say different I mean such as maybe WWE or Baywatch or something like that, something a bit different. I'm probably hoping for a lot with these names but never the less, I've been to a couple of other shows that had WWE guests and Jason Momoa was a great start for Collectormania G-MEX 3 last November. In light of you being able to get a name as big as Malcolm McDowell to appear, I've put some other possibles below.

WWE

Christy Hemme

Rena Mero

Joanie Laurer

Stacy Keibler

Trish Stratus

Lita

BAYWATCH

Erika Eleniak (she's done an appearance before, I'd kill to meet her)

Shawn Weatherly

Parker Stevenson

Billy Warlock

Nicole Eggert

Alexandra Paul

Yasmine Bleeth

and in light of Mr McDowell I'd even go as far as Pamela Anderson

David Chokachi

David Charvet

Traci Bingham

Gena Lee Nolin

BUFFY

Charisma Carpenter

Juliet Landau

Seth Green

Alyson Hannigan

Nick Brendon

Mercedes McNab

STAR TREK

Jeri Ryan

Walter Koenig

Kate Mulgrew

LeVar Burton

Jonathan Frakes

Gates McFadden

Denise Crosby

Avery Brooks

Terry Farrell

Nana Visitor

Alexander Siddig

Roxann Dawson

Robert Beltran

Robert Duncan McNeill

Ethan Phillips

Robert Picardo

Jennifer Lien

These people are all excessively high on my autograph/meet wishlist! :)

More of Life on Mars/Ashes to ashes again, both cast members were FANTASTIC .PLEASE INVITE THEM and the rest again :D

How about seeing if you can grab anyone who will be in the up and coming star trek film.

I would like one, some or all of the list, if possible, please. ;)

In no particular order.

Dayne Johnson (make up artist extrordinaire)

Andy Hallett

Bob Picardo

Jewel Staite

Adam Baldwin

Chase Masterson

Max Grodenchik

JG Hertzler

Robert O'Reilly

Cecily Adams

Nicole DeBoer

Nana Visitor

Suzie Plakston

Hallie Todd

Its about quality over quantity for me. I would rather see a few big guests from the US than 20 or 30 who have minor roles in Star Wars or appeared in an episode of Dr Who.

Showmasters have to realise that not everyone is a Dr Who/Torchwood fan and maybe they should run conventions specifically for these events. There has become far too much of a focus on these shows at what I thought was supposed to be a Sci-Fi event for everyone. I want to see stars from BSG, The 4400, Lost, Jericho, Star Trek and cult movies etc. I know its not as easy to get guests like this but I personally wont be attending anymore Manchester events if they dont start putting the same effort into the show as they do for Milton Keynes and the Midlands. I think they are trying to run too many shows now and the core events like Manchester are paying the price with a serious lack of quality.

Its about quality over quantity for me. I would rather see a few big guests from the US than 20 or 30 who have minor roles in Star Wars or appeared in an episode of Dr Who.

Showmasters have to realise that not everyone is a Dr Who/Torchwood fan and maybe they should run conventions specifically for these events. There has become far too much of a focus on these shows at what I thought was supposed to be a Sci-Fi event for everyone. I want to see stars from BSG, The 4400, Lost, Jericho, Star Trek and cult movies etc. I know its not as easy to get guests like this but I personally wont be attending anymore Manchester events if they dont start putting the same effort into the show as they do for Milton Keynes and the Midlands. I think they are trying to run too many shows now and the core events like Manchester are paying the price with a serious lack of quality.

its the same for the Who and Star Wars fans

never seen an episode of 4400,Jericho or much Star Strek that doesnt feature Kirk n Spock so id rather not see any of those at the next mid or manc do as im sure a few others do

the Doctor Who fans im sure would rather have bigger names than Andrew Hayden Smith,Bruno Langley or various other peolpe who were in the spin off for an episode

im a Who fan of all the Doctors up to the end of Peter Davidsons era with a renewed interest since Tennant took other so having Bruno Lanley as a guest isnt a plus for me and i wouldnt waste 15 nicker on the chap

as for Star Wars im sure the majority of SW fans would like someone other than the usual suspects to appear next time

is there still anyone who wants Kenny Bakers auto??

it only leaves the main 4 to appear and i doubt wed get Hamill and as for Ford it aint worth typing about it

id like to see more Horror people though

id love to see more 80s horror folk espesh but im sure most of them would be too obscure for showmasters

but most of all.....

LETS HAVE MORE VINTAGE DOCTOR WHO GUESTS SHOWMASTERS!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Quality over quantity? No not really. It's about personal opinion for you, and for everyone else. Like you said, you would rather see a few big guests from the US. However, Star Wars and Doctor Who have two of the strongest fanbases, especially Doctor Who in recent years, and they're sensible to get guests from those. Doctor Who is one of the most popular shows in this country, so why wouldn't they want to represent that?

Showmasters have to realise that not everyone is a Dr Who/Torchwood fan and maybe they should run conventions specifically for these events. There has become far too much of a focus on these shows at what I thought was supposed to be a Sci-Fi event for everyone.

In all fairness, these will never be "sci-fi events" nor will they ever be for "everyone" - that's impossible. There can never be something for everyone. Yes, there are regular Who/Star Wars guests at these events, but there's a lot of reasons for that - mainly a guaranteed fan base, but also because Who guests are probably quite easy to get, and Jason's main 'thing' is Star Wars.

I want to see stars from BSG, The 4400, Lost, Jericho, Star Trek and cult movies etc. I know its not as easy to get guests like this but I personally wont be attending anymore Manchester events if they dont start putting the same effort into the show as they do for Milton Keynes and the Midlands.

They've had BSG guests in the past, Lost has its own convention, Star Trek gets represented fairly regularly, Jericho has been cancelled twice so it's not exactly encouraging in terms of believing guests from that would pull in enough fans. And cult movies? I'm pretty sure we've had a damn good selection of cult stars.

Yes, I realise you were just giving examples, but as you can see it's just as easy to give reasons AGAINST getting these guests other than "oh they're not as easy". If you're an organiser, you have to weigh up the options in terms of finances, availability, and whether a guest would be worth getting or not.

I think they are trying to run too many shows now and the core events like Manchester are paying the price with a serious lack of quality.

Fair enough if you think there are too many shows, but the 'lack of quality' again comes down to your own personal wants/needs/tastes/opinions etc. Yes, it's a shame there's not much for you, but if you look elsewhere on the forum there are people who thought Manchester had the best lineup .. or that MK has the best lineup .. or that Midlands did! If that's not proof enough of how quality is entirely subjective, I don't know what is.