bad mannered staff

marginbuu

I'm going to add my 2pence worth :thumbup: so all of you watch out :wub::D nah only kidding :D

but I will say, before I begin, that this post isn't aimed at anyone specific and is not meant to offend or insult or specifically disagree with specific people or otherwise set out to be mean or anything simular :smile:

I'm a member of the crew, yey! :lol: and where I was not any where near James's Q on the Sunday, I felt it fair to point that out. I am also a big fan of these events and where as I do collect some signetures (main cast members mostly), this is mainly to meet and chat with the guest and hopefully get a photo :wub: (the signeture is the bonus bit in my view!), there are alot of guests I'd like to meet but don't want autos from ie guest stars from my fave shows/ non-main cast people.

alot of people tend to go and meet guests in groups, ie most of friends like Stargate so go up together to meet the actors and chat and get piccies and as SG fans, get autos. so my advice on meeting guests and NOT wanting an auto is that you need to find a friend that IS wanting an autograph and go up with them or a friend who can't make it to the show who wants their autograph and go up FOR them :blush: this way everyone is happy, providing everyone has a VQ ticket B)

going up to chat with guests and asking for pictures is ok, providing there is an open Q and the guest doesn't mind!

It is awful that some one was so rude :( but as DavidB has said, generally, the best bet would be to speak to a Pitboss (RED Ts) or go to the Organiser's Booth on the day. To be honest though, in this situation, I'm sure they would have said that a VQ ticket is needed to see James and they are unlikely to let non-paying customers in the Q, unless James' line became open. As other people have said, not everyone wants the autograph, but, like me, they get it as a way of meeting and chatting to the guest!!

just a question, nothing more, why not pay for James' auto marginbuu? only you mentioned having previously gotten one from Connor Trinneer. I don't want to make a blanket statement here, but alot of the guests have publicity photos for signing as well as photos from their best known roles, in James' case BtVS and possibly Smalleville (I didn't meet him so I don't know specifically but you get my drift hopefully!!!)

surfy sah xx

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to add my 2pence worth :firedevil: so all of you watch out :wub::wub: nah only kidding B)

but I will say, before I begin, that this post isn't aimed at anyone specific and is not meant to offend or insult or specifically disagree with specific people or otherwise set out to be mean or anything simular :blush:

I'm a member of the crew, yey! :smile: and where I was not any where near James's Q on the Sunday, I felt it fair to point that out. I am also a big fan of these events and where as I do collect some signetures (main cast members mostly), this is mainly to meet and chat with the guest and hopefully get a photo :lol: (the signeture is the bonus bit in my view!), there are alot of guests I'd like to meet but don't want autos from ie guest stars from my fave shows/ non-main cast people.

alot of people tend to go and meet guests in groups, ie most of friends like Stargate so go up together to meet the actors and chat and get piccies and as SG fans, get autos. so my advice on meeting guests and NOT wanting an auto is that you need to find a friend that IS wanting an autograph and go up with them or a friend who can't make it to the show who wants their autograph and go up FOR them :thumbup: this way everyone is happy, providing everyone has a VQ ticket :D

going up to chat with guests and asking for pictures is ok, providing there is an open Q and the guest doesn't mind!

It is awful that some one was so rude :D but as DavidB has said, generally, the best bet would be to speak to a Pitboss (RED Ts) or go to the Organiser's Booth on the day. To be honest though, in this situation, I'm sure they would have said that a VQ ticket is needed to see James and they are unlikely to let non-paying customers in the Q, unless James' line became open. As other people have said, not everyone wants the autograph, but, like me, they get it as a way of meeting and chatting to the guest!!

just a question, nothing more, why not pay for James' auto marginbuu? only you mentioned having previously gotten one from Connor Trinneer. I don't want to make a blanket statement here, but alot of the guests have publicity photos for signing as well as photos from their best known roles, in James' case BtVS and possibly Smalleville (I didn't meet him so I don't know specifically but you get my drift hopefully!!!)

surfy sah xx

Did the Pit bosses have different coloured t-shirts as I'm sure my brother spoke to one on the day.

As it has been said before, if something similar happens again, speak to a pit boss. Especially if the crew member was rude to you in this way.

I've had similar problems with signatures before - at LFACC Jack Coleman's pen was running out and so the last signature I got looked like crap. The first crew person I saw happened to be Jason from SM himself. I showed him the picture and he got me another one without a problem.

Same thing when Jorge Garcia smeared the signature on my photo when he was at LFACC: got it exchanged by a pit boss without a problem.

But these were "damages", so I am not sure what would have happened in your case. Did you get the same photo signed that has been scanned in this thread? To be fair - looking at Malcolm's signature it would be very hard for him to sign the photo without going through his face. There's not exactly much space left. ;) Still the crew member shouldn't have reacted like that.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

As it has been said before, if something similar happens again, speak to a pit boss. Especially if the crew member was rude to you in this way.

I've had similar problems with signatures before - at LFACC Jack Coleman's pen was running out and so the last signature I got looked like crap. The first crew person I saw happened to be Jason from SM himself. I showed him the picture and he got me another one without a problem.

Same thing when Jorge Garcia smeared the signature on my photo when he was at LFACC: got it exchanged by a pit boss without a problem.

But these were "damages", so I am not sure what would have happened in your case. Did you get the same photo signed that has been scanned in this thread? To be fair - looking at Malcolm's signature it would be very hard for him to sign the photo without going through his face. There's not exactly much space left. ;) Still the crew member shouldn't have reacted like that.

The autograph did look a bit like the one that has been scanned on the thread but with the signiture written right across the face. I will let my bro now that in future he will need to speak to a pit boss - although hopefully he won't need to. Thanks for the information.

I would just like to mention here that while this is ok and does on occasion happen it is not a given and should not be considered "the norm". It all comes down to the guest and their agent. I say this because there have been guests who will NOT happily have photos taken if you aren't buying an autograph for whatever reason and it is their right to do so.

The best thing to do would be to ask whoever is on the queue if it is OK as they will be able to check with the GA and/or agent and might very well know in advance what the guests wants. This will save the guest being put on the spot and feeling obligated to say yes and also will avoid any upset should the guest say no. :-p

Edited by Dum dumdum Dum

• 10 months later...

I thank all the replies to this topic ( my daughter is typing my words) sometimes the powers that be fail to spot the odd person that could benefit from just a hello from a celebrity.

I am now totally blind and in a wheel chair. I doubt that I will attend such an event in manchester again. considering I live in salford.

I have attended events in london,Birmingham,Glasgow,and at all of these events I got to meet and hear and touch several celebs. including James who was distressed to here of my manchester experience.

I can only thank my children and freinds who gave me transport to these events.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned.

The disabled don't always mean to push in but time is short.

I doubt next year I will be alive.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 3 weeks later...

At manchester, noah should have signed under his picture, like i told the member of staff and like she was going to tell noah, but noah not spotting he was on the picture started to sign else where. This was no ones fault, just one of those things, he wrote a N and a bit more, before the staff stopped him, she then asked me which i would prefer, for him to carry on, or to write it in the correct place. I was abit taken aback, and truely DID NEED it on his picture, as that was the whole point of getting him to sign that item. So opted for that, but kinda wished he had finished his other signature too, as as u can imagine it looked a bit odd.