Did anyone else struggle getting home?

Lizzy

Lisa I know what you mean about the M25!! The bit south of London- is the road always so shiny?!? It was last time for me, and I couldn't see the lane markings!!

Lizzy, I hate the M25.... I had driven from Manchester, through awful, snowy conditions and then when I get to the M25 (where it was raining yes, but no snow!) the visibility was awful....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch... we had 3, about 10mph at times.

Does anyone know what the M40 will be like 2moz morn? What was it like today? I have a not too important lecture tomorrow, and I'm not gona risk it if its still like how it was sunday and monday- its not worth it! The BBC site says "poor visibility".... :WAVE:

problems getting home from GMEX? where should I start!!!

having left the event after crewing a 1830 to get the 1930 train to get me home to Swansea (South Wales) at 0130, I finally got home this afternoon about 1400. I kid you not. I am NEVER heading home on a Sunday evening post Manchester again. the 6hour journey (which took 4hours going up and was direct!!) took 18hours and cost me an additional £30 and lost me my day off tomoz (my first non-con/event day off in a month) as I didn't make it into work today for my 0930-1800 shift. not impressed.

surfy sah xx

at least you got home safe and sound eventually *hugs*

ja! ty :smile: though I am still bitter about loosing £30 (whole day's pay grrr :thumbup:) and my day off because of having to work it back and having no sleep!!! :blush:

surfy sah xx

problems getting home from GMEX? where should I start!!!

having left the event after crewing a 1830 to get the 1930 train to get me home to Swansea (South Wales) at 0130, I finally got home this afternoon about 1400. I kid you not. I am NEVER heading home on a Sunday evening post Manchester again. the 6hour journey (which took 4hours going up and was direct!!) took 18hours and cost me an additional £30 and lost me my day off tomoz (my first non-con/event day off in a month) as I didn't make it into work today for my 0930-1800 shift. not impressed.

surfy sah xx

:smile: did you decide to walk it instead of gettin the train or what

missed connection at Birmingham New St, which turned out to be the last train going to South Wales or indeed anywhere remotely near there, including Bristol :blush: My Mum was at my Nan's in Cornwall so I was on my own. I ended up getting a train to London Euston (thankfully no one checked my ticket) which arrived at 1am. this was the 11pm train as I missed the 10pm train due to being stood on the adjacent platform staring at a sign that said "London Euston 2300" and being so tired and worried I didn't realise it should have said 2200. I then watched as Faye and James waved at me through the window of the train I shudda been on as it went past me!!! :wub:

I then spent 1h30mins travelling alone on scarey night buses to crash on a friends floor, arriving there about 3am (this was the 5th friend I'd tried love her and she had work Monday as well) to leave at 630am to get to Victoria for a NX or MB to Cardiff -> Swansea. I didn't have my oyster card so it cost me 4 f**ing quid to get the tube one stop, could not believe it. :lol:

joined the massive Q for tickets at 0710 and then missed the 0730 MB to Cardiff by about 3 people and then at 0730, when I'm 3 people from the front, low and behold, about 3 additional windows opened. I'd had no sleep and was seething as I didn't have my NX coachcard either and had to pay £25 to get a NX to Swansea. Just when I thought I was safe on the NX and could get some sleep, this fat woman (and I mean huge) squishes in next to me and takes up half of my seat as well as her own. I get to Cardiff and am then told there's an hour wait for the connection, urrrrrrg!!!! :thumbup:

so I got home at 230pm instead of 2am and then left for college around 6 and got back at 930pm an then tried to get enough sleep to get through 51hours of work during the Megaday sale in 5days. omg. :D

If I EVER travel back from Manchester on a Sunday again, I will have to ask to crew a half day or something cause I will not be getting the last train again!!!!

I feel better now I've bitched B) and Kirsty, you did ask!!!!! :wub:

surfy sah xx