Did anyone else struggle getting home?

Lizzy

Hey all... I left about 3.30 and I hit MAJOR traffic on the motorway... infact, every motorway I was on till home!! From the M6 to M40... traffic in general, accidents, SNOW!!!, darkness, rain... god it was tough, took 2 hours more than usual!! Anyone else get traffic?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all... I left about 3.30 and I hit MAJOR traffic on the motorway... infact, every motorway I was on till home!! From the M6 to M40... traffic in general, accidents, SNOW!!!, darkness, rain... god it was tough, took 2 hours more than usual!! Anyone else get traffic?

I did as well, I got to the knutsford services and decided to park there rather than the motorway. We waited for about 45 minutes until the traffic started moving again...albeit slowly. it took a good two extra hours to get back to Brum...and it was snowing madly when I got there...lol.

yup. was an absolute motherf*cker

took just over 5 hours to get back to MK.

I was going back to Brum as well but went by coach. Left Manchester coach station at 7.15 and was asleep before we had left Manchester. Woke up just as we were going through Birmingham town centre and thought the driver had took a wrong turn and gone to Lapland. Wasn't delayed getting back to Birmingham but getting home from the coach station. Took about 45 minutes for a taxi to turn up and then it drove at 20 mph and charged me 1 1/2 times the usual fare.

My plan worked. :YAHOO:

I had a grrrreat day! I was so happy and excitable by the end of it, I was so dazed, LOL. Spent too much money though, daren't even glance at my bank account.

And there WAS light! I was reading a vampire novel all the way back *nods*

And you looked a tad hot around James :YAHOO:

Edited by Mr.Jones

I had a grrrreat day! I was so happy and excitable by the end of it, I was so dazed, LOL. Spent too much money though, daren't even glance at my bank account.

And there WAS light! I was reading a vampire novel all the way back *nods*

Wayhayyyyyy...you must be royalty then :YAHOO::D oooo which novel? i hunt vampire's! lol that's who Captain Kronos is...old hammer horror film(Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter)

Just a tad?! LMAO

And yup. Just a small new one that I'm trying out - Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Nothing deep and intellectual, just fun :YAHOO:

And heehee, I know Cap'n Kronos. Despite apparently being a homeless and even less intellectual Jade Goody, I know my horror movies :D lifetime of watching my mum's old videos, lol

Just a tad?! LMAO

And yup. Just a small new one that I'm trying out - Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Nothing deep and intellectual, just fun :YAHOO:

And heehee, I know Cap'n Kronos. Despite apparently being a homeless and even less intellectual Jade Goody, I know my horror movies :D lifetime of watching my mum's old videos, lol

Hey Bec..I have spoken to the Parents and they say that you can have the spare room whilst you are homeless... lol

Just a tad?! LMAO

And yup. Just a small new one that I'm trying out - Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Nothing deep and intellectual, just fun :P

And heehee, I know Cap'n Kronos. Despite apparently being a homeless and even less intellectual Jade Goody, I know my horror movies ;) lifetime of watching my mum's old videos, lol

Ahhhh ok *likes fun stuff* :YAHOO: i'll have a nosey in Waterstone's or Webberley's next time i'm in Hanley out of curiosity...sounds interestin :D and cool,i'm not into all the hammer stuff i just kinda like Captain Kronos coz it's quite tongue in cheek and fun,bit cheesy i suppose,was just the first thing that came into my head when i was registering on here LoL gimme Hostel any day of the week heehee

Edited by Captain_Kronos

problems getting home from GMEX? where should I start!!!

having left the event after crewing a 1830 to get the 1930 train to get me home to Swansea (South Wales) at 0130, I finally got home this afternoon about 1400. I kid you not. I am NEVER heading home on a Sunday evening post Manchester again. the 6hour journey (which took 4hours going up and was direct!!) took 18hours and cost me an additional £30 and lost me my day off tomoz (my first non-con/event day off in a month) as I didn't make it into work today for my 0930-1800 shift. not impressed.

surfy sah xx

Just a tad?! LMAO

And yup. Just a small new one that I'm trying out - Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Nothing deep and intellectual, just fun :thumbup:

Ahhhh ok *likes fun stuff* ;) i'll have a nosey in Waterstone's or Webberley's next time i'm in Hanley out of curiosity...sounds interestin :lol: and cool,i'm not into all the hammer stuff i just kinda like Captain Kronos coz it's quite tongue in cheek and fun,bit cheesy i suppose,was just the first thing that came into my head when i was registering on here LoL gimme Hostel any day of the week heehee

I stole the last one from Webberleys for the trip up to Manchester actually :(

M6 on a Sunday night - never worth the effort!! Traffic is always horredous so for those of you who struggle venturing south on a Sunday night this is the best way home.

M60 S & W to Junction 3 (A34)

A34 south to A500 stoke

A500 into Stoke then A50 towards Uttoxeter (waving at Alton Towers on the way past)

This takes you across to the M1 Junction 23a (which is usually heavy going on a Sunday too)

If this is bad come off at Junction 19 which is Daventry Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT) and turn right

You can pick up the A5 here all the way into Milton Keynes

For you speed freaks the A34 is full of Speed Cameras but the A50 is camera free at present.

Just a tad?! LMAO

And yup. Just a small new one that I'm trying out - Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Nothing deep and intellectual, just fun :thumbup:

Ahhhh ok *likes fun stuff* ;) i'll have a nosey in Waterstone's or Webberley's next time i'm in Hanley out of curiosity...sounds interestin :lol: and cool,i'm not into all the hammer stuff i just kinda like Captain Kronos coz it's quite tongue in cheek and fun,bit cheesy i suppose,was just the first thing that came into my head when i was registering on here LoL gimme Hostel any day of the week heehee

I stole the last one from Webberleys for the trip up to Manchester actually :(

:o LoL ok,maybe i'll leave there then,i'll come across a copy somewhere on my travels i'm sure ;)

M6 on a Sunday night - never worth the effort!! Traffic is always horredous so for those of you who struggle venturing south on a Sunday night this is the best way home.

A34 south to A500 stoke

A500 into Stoke then A50 towards Uttoxeter (waving at Alton Towers on the way past)

This takes you across to the M1 Junction 23a (which is usually heavy going on a Sunday too)

If this is bad come off at Junction 19 which is Daventry Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT) and turn right

For you speed freaks the A34 is full of Speed Cameras but the A50 is camera free at present.

And while your passing Alton Towers you can :lol: to me also as i live just around the corner ;) just don't crash your car whilst doing so as i accept no responsibility and won't accept any personal injury claims...sorry :thumbup:

i drove home from liverpool on sunday, leaving at about 330 and had rain all the way to northampton. the M6 was awful, there was first an accident on the southbound carriageway that had moved to the hard shoulder then a bit further down the southbound way started crawling as everyone was having a good look at the otherside where something bad must have happened as there were 3 fire engiones, an ambulane and a police car still thre (my passenger informs me anyway!) then when we got to the M1 heading towards northampton that evil white stuff called snow materialised and had that all the way home. By the time i was home it was coming down quite heavily and did start to lay. Thankfully it had gone by this morning!!!!!

problems getting home from GMEX? where should I start!!!

having left the event after crewing a 1830 to get the 1930 train to get me home to Swansea (South Wales) at 0130, I finally got home this afternoon about 1400. I kid you not. I am NEVER heading home on a Sunday evening post Manchester again. the 6hour journey (which took 4hours going up and was direct!!) took 18hours and cost me an additional £30 and lost me my day off tomoz (my first non-con/event day off in a month) as I didn't make it into work today for my 0930-1800 shift. not impressed.

surfy sah xx

at least you got home safe and sound eventually *hugs*

A34 south to A500 stoke

will try that next time, thanks.

as it was, it wasn't helped by all the snow either