Full List of 2008 SMs events!

C.Parkers-Girl

These were all listed in the programme at the Gmex this weekend :)

March

1st - 2nd: Collectormania Midlands

8th - 9th: Collectormania Manchester 4

14th - 16th: Eclipse (Heroes Fan Convention)

April

4th - 6th: Lockdown (Lost fan convention)

18th - 20th: Autographica

May

2nd - 5th: C13

24th - 26th: Sportsmania 2

July

19th - 20th: LFACC

August

23rd - 24th - Collectormania Glasgow

September

5th - 7th: Aftermath (Blakes 7)

25th - 28th: C14

October

17th - 19th: Empire Day (starwars fan convention)

24th - 26th: Autographica (Date subject to change)

November

1st - 2nd: Sportsmania 3

8th - 9th: Collectormania midlands 2

14th - 16th: Eclipse 2 (Heroes)

29th - 30th: Collectormania Manchester 5

Haha. This should be fun...

1st - 2nd: Collectormania Midlands

8th - 9th: Collectormania Manchester 4

14th - 16th: Eclipse (Heroes Fan Convention)

May

2nd - 5th: C13

July

19th - 20th: LFACC

September

25th - 28th: C14

November

8th - 9th: Collectormania midlands 2

14th - 16th: Eclipse 2 (Heroes)

29th - 30th: Collectormania Manchester 5

Blinkin ell Spring is a busy time, I am really pleased that there will be a Midlands event. There is a strong market in the area so should be a sucess. Also it will more than likely mean less travelling for me!

Any clues on what area the Midlands event will be held?

I think you should all calm down.You make it sound as if YOU MUST ATTEND every single Showmasters event lol.You not better waiting to see if the guests are people you would like to meet first?

No we dont and at the end of thr day if theres a perso at every event that u want to meet its gonna get costly i already go to other event orgniser events as well... so im praying theres no 1 i want to meet at them cus i cant afford it.

Well im only here until the event anyways.

So it doesn't matter how many there are to you, does it?

I'm not even considering all of them, in fact I'm likely to only be going to LFaCC, and that's because even if there are no guests I want to see I can spend a weekend in London. I worked out that I spent close on to £200 for CM12, and that was without getting any autos, so there's no way on earth I can do that 8 or 9 times a year, not to mention the effect it has on my leave days from work! Sorry SM, but my cash is going to be spent on air fares for proper holidays from now on!

If you really see people that you really wanna meet all the time at these things then thats a hell of a lot of people that you want to meet.Maybe im just different.When i went to see Malcolm i never thought twice about handing over several £20 notes. Ill admit i dont spend much money and i make a lot of money on the side outside work, i guess i just never look at other peoples circumstances.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

It's Empire Weekend..not day... the 4th Massive Events show

It says Day in the booklet :-p

Im with Sazzra. I may goto MK for the day if there is an autograph I want. Or I may attend a few more if im working on a stall but its getting a bit silly now :-( Its better having a few amazing events than loads of 'ok' events. Lets hope if they get Tom Felton back that its for LFACC :YAHOO:

It's Empire Weekend..not day... the 4th Massive Events show

It says Day in the booklet :-p

Im with Sazzra. I may goto MK for the day if there is an autograph I want. Or I may attend a few more if im working on a stall but its getting a bit silly now :-( Its better having a few amazing events than loads of 'ok' events. Lets hope if they get Tom Felton back that its for LFACC :P

Totally agree. I just hope (even though there will always be someone who want to see them) that we don't just get a load of repeat guests at all these events, just to make up the numbers.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Yeah - too many events - they're just going to cut the number of events people can attend, sure by opening up another location they might entice a few more people - but Coventry!? It's a bit close to MK really. I agree with them varying the locations - but why 2 events a year in Manchester and MK if they're going to do that?

I have noticed that more then one of there events is help on the same weekend as other sci-fi events in the uk, so maybe, they are trying to take business away from other events

Just my opinion don't kill me for it.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy