constructive criticisms

Nik_Doof

Actually I think it was the same size, definitely the same number of seats as LFCC. It's not as simple as you think. We have to consider a whole number of issues regarding layout, that most people probably w ouldn't consider an issue. For example how to optimize the number of wall segments that are used. How the queuing will work for getting people in and out of the area as quickly as possible.How do we keep different queues seperate? Not only to keep our turn around times down but in an emergency. How do we fit everything needed at the show (cos play changing rooms?) in with the floor plan while still leaving space for dealers etc. Once all these issues are considered then the layout becomes more logical.

Well, it was larger than GMEX 2 :), I understand that alot has to be took into consideration just the main point was that even if the exact floorplan and layout was used you would of seen a quicker turnaround in talks if the entrance and exits were reversed. the main issue was that the exit lead out onto a route that passed dealers, so

Not convinced by that actually.....anyway maybe we wanted people to exit through the dealers..... :(

I was crewing the talks on Saturday with Sparkles (hehe!) and I don't think we could have had the entrance where the exit was :smile: People started Q'ing for the Red Dwarf talk and more particuarly the Stargate Atlantis talk about 2 talks ahead, so they Q'd where that massive empty space was! had the entrance been where the exit was, where would all the various Qs have Q'd? :D

I may well be wrong but are you referring to the point where the exit for talks wasn't moving at all? I think it was whatever talk was on before SGA everyone came out of to Q for SGA and the exit became part of the Q!!! Also, everyone was supposed to exit through the exit as this is supposed to be fairer for everyone in the current talk who has a ticket for the next talk and also for health and safety, we need to get the next talk in and seated quickly and efficiently and can't do that if people are exiting through the entrance. Any exceptions were disabled and a few people who barged through regardless of our requests to go around!

people sitting in the reseverved seats... unfortunately the crew can't be every where at once and don't have multiple pairs of hands!!! :D there were some disabled attendees sitting in the reserved seats who had tickets for consecutive talks whom I wasn't going to make re-Q only to sit in the same seats again B) also we did have problems with people not noticing that some seats had "reserved" written on them (thanks to me sticking the signs there) in the mayhem and maddness of the rush to get seats, but we evicted some people as we were checking that people in these seats had gold passes. It obviously got a little out of hand at one point, my appologies!!!!

I'd also like to say WAHOOO at SM :lol::wub: for adding the time of the talk and the day to the Talk Tickets, this was very helpful!! it was much improved from LFaCC where I was writing these details on talk tickets for the attendees who wanted all the talk tickets :wub::thumbup: and also adding the actors names to the talks (ie "Stargate Atlantis" "Jason Momoa and David Nykl"), the amount of times we got asked which guests were appearing in the talks was much reduced!! it saved our poor voices!!!! :blush:

surfy sah xx

• 4 weeks later...

I saw JCB and wanted to ask for her autograph but i didn`t, the truth is i`m a little scared of her and i didn`t want her to shout at me.

Bump into her at milton keynes well made a bee line for her. She was nice as pie (see result on flickrdotcom under user starfighter101 ) must have been my daughters doing. Ask next time she can only bite your head off once which i hear she is capable of doing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i was just about to put the camera to my face, and was told by the man sat with er Dominic i think that i wasn't allowed to take any photos of the star trek guests. I know no posed photos - but none at all, which was sad cux i like to get a photo so its proof that the signature is real.