New Show for 2008

showmasters

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not expecting it to be anything I will want to see, the other three Massive events, arn't my cup of tea, but you never know (yeah right!)

And yes I agree there are too many events on next year, how are people going to aford them all, and how can showmasters make money if people can't aford to go to all there events like they used to when there was only 3/4 SMs events a year?

:blink:

LLAP :borg:

Well I'm not expecting it to be anything I will want to see, the other three Massive events, arn't my cup of tea, but you never know (yeah right!)

And yes I agree there are too many events on next year, how are people going to aford them all, and how can showmasters make money if people can't aford to go to all there events like they used to when there was only 3/4 SMs events a year?

:blink:

LLAP :borg:

A lot of people cannot attend Showmasters events at present due to the location. I have always found it difficult to get to MK and Manchester. So, with a broader spectrum of places, you will find a lot more people able to travel. If you read the entire board you will see many people who have commented that they cannot go because they cannot get there. People will only go bankcrupt if they decide to go to all events and spend beyond their means. Far too many people getting all dramatic. I think this is a damn positive step for people who cannot presently attend events due to timing and location. The amount of newbies on here for Eclipse and Lockdown is amazing, so there is a market there. You need to think outside of the box that is this forum.

Is there really space for another show? Anyway hopefully a New Show for 2008 will be more successful than another show and Ring Con which of course were the new shows for 2007

Or Glasgow :blink:

I think the point is that different shows will cater for different areas. They are not looking for us to roam the country with them to MK, London, Manchester, Glasgow, wherever ....

Is there really space for another show? Anyway hopefully a New Show for 2008 will be more successful than another show and Ring Con which of course were the new shows for 2007

Or Glasgow :P

I think the point is that different shows will cater for different areas. They are not looking for us to roam the country with them to MK, London, Manchester, Glasgow, wherever ....

Though it's okay if we do :poki::chair:

Though it's okay if we do :P:chair:

You just picture the scene – an army of geeks, driving around the motorways of the UK, in search of just one more Danny Dyer auto. :poki:

Is this instead of a Collectormania GMEX 4 in Manchester? Being in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester is good for me to travel to, that plus no celebrity would ever come here! Birmingham and Manchester are good travel points for me. I still hope there's a GMEX 4 next year and that this is as well as, rather than instead of.

Is this instead of a Collectormania GMEX 4 in Manchester? Being in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester is good for me to travel to, that plus no celebrity would ever come here! Birmingham and Manchester are good travel points for me. I still hope there's a GMEX 4 next year and that this is as well as, rather than instead of.

Read the thread - it's been clearly stated this new event is as well as the GMex event, not replacing it. :)

In the Jimmy Jean Louis cancellation thread they said that he will be attending G-Mex in March.

Though it's okay if we do :P:chair:

You are not allowed near Bristol as I have that restraining order out on you. lol :poki:

How about Kent? lots of places to have it and, as far as I am aware, there are not any near that area and you can go to the seaside as well :P

LONDON Film & Comic Con <<<< the hint is in the title

Edited by Mr.Jones

Ring Con - the price you pay when relying on someone else. I think Showmasters learnt their lesson there. They are big enough to run signing events and conventions. And the amount pencilled in for next year is nowhere near too many. Jason & Co are not expecting us to go to every single event and are catering for ALL tastes. I know of quite a few people going to/intending to go to Eclipse and Lockdown, but rarely go to LFACC & CM unless a specific guest shows up. Conventions are a totally different beast to signing events as many seasoned convention attendees like myself and Morden (the only ones I know people!) will attest to. If this is the final Massive Event for 2008, then the all likelihood is that it will be a convention. I am very much looking forward to attending Afternath as it is from an era in my youth I fondly remember.