New Show for 2008

showmasters

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone confirm if there was a note about Autographica being 1st/2nd March? At least by the flyer at the last Autographica show? I'd hate to be the one that told SM they were in more than one place physically this time at least, that weekend..

Also announced at the show was a 2008 Empire WEEKEND, in Northampton, as well as the pre-announced Lost and Heroes events... in Northampton..

Rumours that the events mentioned above would have been in Coventry if only they could find an intact hotel, or anyone from Cov who knows what a hotel is, they're too busy wishing they could be Leicester City fans because even if you're a Leicester City fan, you ain't up to much, but better than Cov City, are purely fictional.

Can someone confirm if there was a note about Autographica being 1st/2nd March? At least by the flyer at the last Autographica show? I'd hate to be the one that told SM they were in more than one place physically this time at least, that weekend..

Also announced at the show was a 2008 Empire WEEKEND, in Northampton, as well as the pre-announced Lost and Heroes events... in Northampton..

Rumours that the events mentioned above would have been in Coventry if only they could find an intact hotel, or anyone from Cov who knows what a hotel is, they're too busy wishing they could be Leicester City fans because even if you're a Leicester City fan, you ain't up to much, but better than Cov City, are purely fictional.

From Autographica.co.uk

Breaking News!

Autographica 11 - 2008

The new date is April 18th-20th 2008 Venue to be confirmed.

First Guest Announcements coming soon....

From Autographica.co.uk

Breaking News!

Autographica 11 - 2008

So Tony Curtis is a no for Autographica then.... In keeping with the conspiracy theories harumpted outside the hall on presentation of the flyer, SM might try to put a totally A-grade list up for the Cov show, thus reducing the decency of a list elsewhere..

From Autographica.co.uk

Breaking News!

Autographica 11 - 2008

So Tony Curtis is a no for Autographica then.... In keeping with the conspiracy theories harumpted outside the hall on presentation of the flyer, SM might try to put a totally A-grade list up for the Cov show, thus reducing the decency of a list elsewhere..

... I don't know, it's the one flyer I didn't manage to pick up today! I'm going tomorrow too so If no-one can tell you, I'll let you know tomorrow evening.

As for making Cov really good, I hope they don't try to detract from other places Manc is the next weekend. And the Heroes thing the next weekend. (Although I've not really liked Autographica, but that's just me)

I think what guests come to these depends on how far they are willing to travel/what dates they can do etc You never know, we might be super lucky and all the Heroes guys come for a 3 week easter holiday and they do Cov, Manc and Eclipse!!

I wish!

Was hoping for an event in Wales as we have to travel for about 3 or more hours to get to any of the signings. Nevermind, Coventry is only about three hours away. Look forward to guest announcements soon.

you could always set up an event in wales yourself................

contact a few agents, book a venue, build a basic website. and sell the tickets..............?? If you want to that is! :unsure:

Sounds simple doesnt it :o

Ive done a similar thing for next year with only 1 guest and thats enough organising in itself.

I'd love it to be Exeter!! :unsure:

Sorry, my geography aint too great. Isnt Exeter like in the corner of England? Not very easy to get to is it?

Yes it is and no it isn't :o

If it's in the corner it wont draw a big crowd like it would if it were in the centre with a big radius.

EXETER !!! EXETER!! EXETER!!!

Only a 15 minute drive instead of at least four hours!! It's not quite in the corner ... plus we have train routes, Bus Routes ..even an airport!! It's not all tractors and bleak looking Moorland! Plus there are more people than sheep y'know .... heh heh ... I am sure it would be a good turn out!

:o

I know it would never happen though, we only get the likes of East 17 down here! ... What about Bristol .. Sure it is an hour and a half from Exeter but then all us South west Fans and the fans in Cardiff would be able to go quite easily!!

Hmmm... have to say that I'm not impressed with this announcement. Although Cov is only 45 minutes from me and easy for me to get to... the timing is awful! Showmasters have 6 events in 9 weeks! (and that's not including events run by other people!) I can't believe this is a good thing. A big part of their attendances are made up of regular attendees (like myself) and I feel that this level of saturation is going to severely restrict the number of events people can go to. So everyone will pick the 2 or 3 (maybe) most convenient for them and go to those. This will mean that average attendances for each event will go down... and if attendances go down, then the number/quality of guests will suffer.

Yeh a big group of us should get together and organise our own event lol.Itd be interesting.

and esily do-able i might add.

Only if you had the right contacts and funds to pay guests an amount up front. Do-able... probably... easily? No way!

EXETER !!! EXETER!! EXETER!!!

Only a 15 minute drive instead of at least four hours!! It's not quite in the corner ... plus we have train routes, Bus Routes ..even an airport!! It's not all tractors and bleak looking Moorland! Plus there are more people than sheep y'know .... heh heh ... I am sure it would be a good turn out!

http://www.westpoint-devonshow.co.uk/venue.asp

Westpoint is probably the only venue large enough to hold such an event in Exeter. It would be nice to go to an event that wasn't 3 hours each way minimum.

Was hoping for an event in Wales as we have to travel for about 3 or more hours to get to any of the signings. Nevermind, Coventry is only about three hours away. Look forward to guest announcements soon.

you could always set up an event in wales yourself................

contact a few agents, book a venue, build a basic website. and sell the tickets..............?? If you want to that is! :unsure:

Sounds simple doesnt it :o

Ive done a similar thing for next year with only 1 guest and thats enough organising in itself.

No need. As Wales is now the home of Doctor Who Yes I know its hard work to set up. I was just giving an opinion.

From the commets above the Midlands event is being held in Coventry. Thats not to bad for me got a lot of friends over there so can kip over or just go straight there as I am not far (Wolverhampton) is there any comments coming forward on where the event is actually being held?

From the commets above the Midlands event is being held in Coventry. Thats not to bad for me got a lot of friends over there so can kip over or just go straight there as I am not far (Wolverhampton) is there any comments coming forward on where the event is actually being held?

Yes.

From this thread, a page back:

I'm just back from Manchester with the flyer in front of me :eek:

Collectormania Midlands is the official title. It'll be in the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on the 1st/2nd of March (which yes, is the weekend before GMex 4 as that's advertised on the other side of the flyer! - no guests announced for that though).

No website yet - it just gives the forum address and says "New website coming soon."

First announced guests are Morena Baccarin (Inara: Firefly/Serenity, Adria: Stargate SG-1) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett: Star Wars V and VI).

Hmmm... have to say that I'm not impressed with this announcement. Although Cov is only 45 minutes from me and easy for me to get to... the timing is awful! Showmasters have 6 events in 9 weeks! (and that's not including events run by other people!) I can't believe this is a good thing. A big part of their attendances are made up of regular attendees (like myself) and I feel that this level of saturation is going to severely restrict the number of events people can go to. So everyone will pick the 2 or 3 (maybe) most convenient for them and go to those. This will mean that average attendances for each event will go down... and if attendances go down, then the number/quality of guests will suffer.

My sentiments exactly. And on top of these events Showmasters is also putting the feelers out about a convention over Easter weekend. The less than spectacular turn out on Saturday at G-Mex suggests to me that people are already feeling oversaturated.

Im sure it is possible for people like us to set up events like this.I was only joking when i said it.But if you were to research it and put the proper effort into it im sure realistically......it could be done.

You are very much correct. Every event starts out with your average person doing this.

Im sure it is possible for people like us to set up events like this.I was only joking when i said it.But if you were to research it and put the proper effort into it im sure realistically......it could be done.

As I mentioned, it takes more than just effort and research. You have to get the contacts.... no guest is going to want to turn up for a first time event runner unless a level of trust has been built. Secondly, you need capital, to pay for flights in advance, the venue in advance and possibly some of the guest fee in advance.

That said, this probably is not the best place to talk about it.

Yeh a big group of us should get together and organise our own event lol.Itd be interesting.

and esily do-able i might add.

Only if you had the right contacts and funds to pay guests an amount up front. Do-able... probably... easily? No way!

Contacts are easy................im sure you could if you put your mind to it! There is a very accessible way of doing this for loads of guests.

Also ticket sales pays for the guest. Payment is not always needed until 2 weeks or so before an event, at which time tickets are sold to pay for them. Not saying this is how SM do it, but its how some do!

But this is all hyperthetical so no point speculating really.

Edited by rich5wolves