New Show for 2008

showmasters

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really space for another show? Anyway hopefully a New Show for 2008 will be more successful than another show and Ring Con which of course were the new shows for 2007

Or Glasgow :P

I think the point is that different shows will cater for different areas. They are not looking for us to roam the country with them to MK, London, Manchester, Glasgow, wherever ....

Though it's okay if we do :P:chair:

You are allowed near Bristol as I have that restraining order out on you. lol :poki:

How about Kent? lots of places to have it and, as far as I am aware, there are not any near that area and you can go to the seaside as well :P

LONDOND Film & Comic Con <<<< the hint is in the title

Yes and London is a TWO HOUR train journey from certain places in Kent

Is there really space for another show? Anyway hopefully a New Show for 2008 will be more successful than another show and Ring Con which of course were the new shows for 2007

I think the point is that different shows will cater for different areas. They are not looking for us to roam the country with them to MK, London, Manchester, Glasgow, wherever ....

Though it's okay if we do :D:P

You are allowed near Bristol as I have that restraining order out on you. lol :YAHOO:

How about Kent? lots of places to have it and, as far as I am aware, there are not any near that area and you can go to the seaside as well :dance:

I must say that I am shocked. I never knew the train service was so bad down there. But, the question is this...is there anywhere accessible to the public that is big enough to stage an event?

Though it's okay if we do :D:P

You are allowed near Bristol as I have that restraining order out on you. lol :YAHOO:

How about Kent? lots of places to have it and, as far as I am aware, there are not any near that area and you can go to the seaside as well :dance:

I must say that I am shocked. I never knew the train service was so bad down there. But, the question is this...is there anywhere accessible to the public that is big enough to stage an event?

mmmmm...... might be a job for Showmasters???!!!?? :P

I'd love it to be Exeter!! :P

Sorry, my geography aint too great. Isnt Exeter like in the corner of England? Not very easy to get to is it?

Yes it is and no it isn't :YAHOO:

If it's in the corner it wont draw a big crowd like it would if it were in the centre with a big radius.

Stafford would be good, cause it's right at my doorstep...failing that, Telford or S-o-T would be great. If it's Wales, I hope it's kind of Mid-Wales ish, or Aberystwyth, as I have mates there and I'd love an excuse to visit :dance:

Wherever it turns out to be I'll probably end up going anyway if there's gonna be some guest I just HAVE to meet - as always! ;)

Is this instead of a Collectormania GMEX 4 in Manchester? Being in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester is good for me to travel to, that plus no celebrity would ever come here! Birmingham and Manchester are good travel points for me. I still hope there's a GMEX 4 next year and that this is as well as, rather than instead of.

Read the thread - it's been clearly stated this new event is as well as the GMex event, not replacing it. :)

Sorry it wasn't clear to me, thanks for clarifying though.

Is this instead of a Collectormania GMEX 4 in Manchester? Being in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester is good for me to travel to, that plus no celebrity would ever come here! Birmingham and Manchester are good travel points for me. I still hope there's a GMEX 4 next year and that this is as well as, rather than instead of.

In the Jimmy Jean Louis cancellation thread they said that he will be attending G-Mex in March.

Yeah but I don't even know who he is, so it wouldn't interest me or occur to me to read a thread about him, I generally only check out threads about people I have an interest in meeting so I didn't see anything about this person attending G-MEX in March. Thanks for the info though.

Is "Collectormania Midlands" the actual name for the event?

Also, is there a website for this new event?

Who knows?

Who knows?

Most of us posting the information are probably getting it from friends in Manchester so know as much as you do. I would think, however, as SM are all at the event and it hasn't been officially announced here, the answer to the website question is no, but you could always look and check - I don't care so am not going to bother! And before some smarty pants says look where, on collectormania.com

I'm just back from Manchester with the flyer in front of me :blink:

Collectormania Midlands is the official title. It'll be in the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on the 1st/2nd of March (which yes, is the weekend before GMex 4 as that's advertised on the other side of the flyer! - no guests announced for that though).

No website yet - it just gives the forum address and says "New website coming soon."

First announced guests are Morena Baccarin (Inara: Firefly/Serenity, Adria: Stargate SG-1) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett: Star Wars V and VI).

I'm just back from Manchester with the flyer in front of me :thumbup:

Collectormania Midlands is the official title. It'll be in the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on the 1st/2nd of March (which yes, is the weekend before GMex 4 as that's advertised on the other side of the flyer! - no guests announced for that though).

No website yet - it just gives the forum address and says "New website coming soon."

First announced guests are Morena Baccarin (Inara: Firefly/Serenity, Adria: Stargate SG-1) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett: Star Wars V and VI).

Nice site. It's not just one big hall, it can be divided . It's part of Coventry City's football ground. So if they are playing they must be away that weekend. There is also a Hotel, that is part of the ground aswell. I know this due to having been to an event there.

http://www.ricoharena.com/exhibitions.htm For info. (Auto runs a short film about the hall)

And if you look on the lists this event is not yet listed.

Edited by plunderbird

I'm just back from Manchester with the flyer in front of me :thumbup:

There is another Collectormania Midlands scheduled there for 8th-9th November 2008 as well