Lavender Brown...

liamsgirl

yeah i noticed she was older than the age limit for the open auiditions - i'm presuming that she probably went to a different auidition - dont they sometimes have a few people in mind for the part but do an open auidition just in case they can find someone more perfect for the role?

shes not exactly what i expected either but to be honest i was never gonna be happy with anyone who got that role - they get to kiss rupert! *is jealous* hehe

You will always find that so-called open auditions are held as they are often unhappy with the selction at hand for a part. One or two of this group may have been borderline, but the Director/Producers wanted to see if there was anyone else more appropriate to the role. It is obvious that they did not find anyone in the open auditions and thus went with the girl cast for the role. It is not the case of being lax on the age range, but rather not having time to do another open casting in time for the girl to be ready to film. This goes on all the time in the filming industry, and always will do.

As regards other auditions attended, this is the only audition where people were asked to apply for a role. From what I have been told, 6 girls were invited for a screen test with one or two cast members to see if any would fit the role. Girls like the one who has been cast will have numerous auditions etc on DVD, and these are readily available from agents. You will find that casting directors will contact trustworthy agents and ask if they have any clients who might be right for the role.

Does anyone else feel like we just got scolded? ;)

I rarely scold anyone as it takes alot to annoy me. I was just taking my experiences and hopefully trying to put a more well rounded view on what may or may not have happened. For all I know, they could have put a pin in a board of pictures. I am just fortunate enough to have had experiences in the industry and wished to pass tham on.

Now, Rainbowsparkle, go and stand in the corner..face to the wall :(:unsure:

Does anyone else feel like we just got scolded? :YAHOO:

I rarely scold anyone as it takes alot to annoy me. I was just taking my experiences and hopefully trying to put a more well rounded view on what may or may not have happened. For all I know, they could have put a pin in a board of pictures. I am just fortunate enough to have had experiences in the industry and wished to pass tham on.

Now, Rainbowsparkle, go and stand in the corner..face to the wall :thumbup::clap:

So have I. Am a credited actress. Have been since 1993. So I do know well enough whats going on in the industry. As it happens I was put forward for the Narcissa Malfoy role. I didn't get it as I was too young for the part. If I wasn't right for the part due to my age then it begs the question why request an age resriction and then don't follow it.

I will be intriged to see how this actress dose as I am with the one who got Narcissa.

Btw, I don't stand in corners. I pose in the middle of the room where everyone can see me :dance:

Well, I've had the opposite experience. I've found that they hold 'open' auditions, because they have to be seen as giving people a chance,( making it fair) but in fact have someone in mind all along.Plus, a little publicity at such times never goes amiss.

Does anyone else feel like we just got scolded? :poki:

Now, Rainbowsparkle, go and stand in the corner..face to the wall :thumbup::P

So have I. Am a credited actress. Have been since 1993. So I do know well enough whats going on in the industry. As it happens I was put forward for the Narcissa Malfoy role. I didn't get it as I was too young for the part. If I wasn't right for the part due to my age then it begs the question why request an age resriction and then don't follow it.

I will be intriged to see how this actress dose as I am with the one who got Narcissa.

Btw, I don't stand in corners. I pose in the middle of the room where everyone can see me :D

I did read about your Narcissa experience. Also, I am not certain if Rainbowsparkle is still in the corner...

By the way, I was actually talking to RS rather than you. As an actress I wouldn't dare to tell you what goes on in your field. My experience has been in writing and behind the camera.

Does anyone else feel like we just got scolded? :D

Now, Rainbowsparkle, go and stand in the corner..face to the wall :dance::P

Btw, I don't stand in corners. I pose in the middle of the room where everyone can see me :D

I did read about your Narcissa experience. Also, I am not certain if Rainbowsparkle is still in the corner...

By the way, I was actually talking to RS rather than you. As an actress I wouldn't dare to tell you what goes on in your field. My experience has been in writing and behind the camera.

Oki-doki. RS is a friend of mine and was a little concerned with the topic. I thought I would have a look.

Mich, I've done open auditions and the experience is very variable. Sometimes it is a publicity stunt other times it is a genuine search for cast.

Oki-doki. RS is a friend of mine and was a little concerned with the topic. I thought I would have a look.

I have no right to say who reads or responds to what - unlike some posters on these forums (not directed at anyone involved here) who think they rule them by bullying - and was having a laugh with RS..hence the smilies. As a matter of inquisitiveness..what were you concerned about? Hopefully nothing I said as I was merely posting a response from my personal experiences to comments already made.

I have no right to say who reads or responds to what - unlike some posters on these forums (not directed at anyone involved here) who think they rule them by bullying - and was having a laugh with RS..hence the smilies. As a matter of inquisitiveness..what were you concerned about? Hopefully nothing I said as I was merely posting a response from my personal experiences to comments already made.

I spoke to her at G-mex and she seemed a little put out by your comment. Not in a big way more by that it seemed to speak that other posters had been spanked by someone who seemed to know more. I came hear to have a lok and see what she was commenting about. Personally I don't see any problem with what peeps are saying. I think it was the phrasing that might of bugged her a little bit. Of course she might of changed her feelings since I saw her at G-mex. In all honestly don't worry about it and lets go back to the topic.

I must have just re-read the post 10 times and am lost as to why RS was put out. If it is down to someone knowing more as you mentioned in your last post, all I was doing was posting what I had found out/been told by a good friend of mine who is connected with the HP productios at the moment. We speak regularly and they brought up about the casting, and this casting was part of the conversation.

I have tried to re-word it in my head, but can't find a way to re-word it without losing the crux of the infromation. I guess next time I will think twice about posting something if doing so puts someone's nose out because I may know more or knew it before. I have had this tonight in the wrestling thread from one of the mods and cannot understand it all. I come onto this forum to chat to like minded people and share information when I can. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ho Hum.

Can I come out of the corner yet? My feet are cold... :huh:

LOL, t'wasn't being sent to stand in a corner that I had a problem with, Mr Jones - I got the joke :smile:

I just felt that your reply to the first posts in this thread rather gave the impression that because the posters didn't have any experience of the industry that they shouldn't have had an opinion about the selection process. Also, this was after I'd been given a similar impression by your reply to one of my posts in another thread. Hence the lighthearted comment about being scolded :) I hadn't, and still haven't, taken offence (it takes a lot to offend me), but I did think, "oh, we said something wrong..."

Anyhoo, as my friend LM says, forget about it and don't stop or change your posts - these disagreements are what pave the way to discussions :D We can talk about these things rationally...

:D:D:blink:

:lol: just kidding :D

Thanks for your concern LM - see you at the next con :D

Can I come out of the corner yet? My feet are cold... :huh:

LOL, t'wasn't being sent to stand in a corner that I had a problem with, Mr Jones - I got the joke :smile:

I just felt that your reply to the first posts in this thread rather gave the impression that because the posters didn't have any experience of the industry that they shouldn't have had an opinion about the selection process. Also, this was after I'd been given a similar impression by your reply to one of my posts in another thread. Hence the lighthearted comment about being scolded :) I hadn't, and still haven't, taken offence (it takes a lot to offend me), but I did think, "oh, we said something wrong..."

Anyhoo, as my friend LM says, forget about it and don't stop or change your posts - these disagreements are what pave the way to discussions :D We can talk about these things rationally...

:D:D:blink:

:lol: just kidding :D

Thanks for your concern LM - see you at the next con :D

I am truly sorry if my comments have come off like that. I try and be as helpful and polite as possible, unless someone is rude and I try my best not to make them feel small through pointing out their lack of manners. I also have a few issues with a few people who seem to have a hobby of picking fault with me (no one on this thread) because they don't like the fact that I won't say how wonderful they are etc when they post something. So, I have fine tuned my posting where possible to be as informative as possible. But it may come across as a bit sharp at times and I always apologise if it occurs. If at any time you may have thought that I considered your posts or views to be irrelevant as you may or may not know something, then I am sorry. You find a lot of people on the internet who may believe rumours who untruths spread by muppets who post said untruths to wind people up. So, if I am in a position to help those people out by telling them what correct information I know, then I try to. Until LM had said about the post possibly bugging you, I had thought it was all in light hearted fun. That is why I was concerned. I come on here to have a little bit of a natter and fun with like minded people, and ignore the numpties that dwell on these types of forums.

I am glad that this is sorted out as I do have a heart, unlike some people in this world.

As your feet are cold, have some wollen lined boots with a mug of hot chocolate. Chocolate flake and cream?

As your feet are cold, have some wollen lined boots with a mug of hot chocolate. Chocolate flake and cream?

Ha ha ha!!! :D I actually read that as "Have some woollen boots lined with a mug of hot chocolate, chocolate flake and cream"!!! For a moment I was a bit perplexed :D:smile:

Hey, it's late and I'm tired so if there's a hot chocolate going, send it over :huh: Thankies :blink: