Talk Time

showmasters

• Moderators

Bet even a ref to Brat pack movies would be met with blank looks here..

And it's comments like those that come over as condescending and derogatory, and that will offend other members of this forum.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with you and everyone else discussing film knowledge etc, but at least try to do it in a slightly friendlier manner - there's no need to incite a reaction out of other people, and you (amongst others) have done it numerous times in this topic alone.

If people aren't capable of carrying on this discussion without flaim baiting etc then I'll just look into getting this topic closed. However, with it being so close after an event, Showmasters and the relevant people have much more important things to be dealing with than a few stupid comments on here - hence I'm simply suggesting nicely for people to stop it. Hopefully y'all might take some notice, but I guess we'll see. Nice doesn't work with some.

So which personality was it that said

I'm pretty sure people should have slightly better things to be doing at 1am than sitting on here trying to wind others up'

Jessica or Nikki? Or the other alter ego they have that skips off to LA in ep22?

That wasn't having a go. It was 1am - if I'd read it at 12:43pm, I would've said that.

Edited by DavidB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{sniperoonie}

Wow, by the rules of 'You only know stuff done within your lifetime, and it has to have been REALLY big too!' as applied here, you must be well ancient....! :smile: Shame even Lawford's died now.

Lawford's been dead for over 20 years. Is the great Mr Movie confusing his Bishops with his Lawfords, Joey Bishop being the most recently deceased member of the Rat Pack?

Bet even a ref to Brat pack movies would be met with blank looks here..

Perhaps because some of us think they were over-rated? I could do with never seeing The Breakfast Club again, and I never much cared for Pretty In Pink or St Elmo's Fire. If you stretch the definition, About Last Night is my favourite of the bunch, but pretty much for Belushi, both for his character generally and for his character's interaction with Elizabeth Perkins'.

Edited by TommyT

• Showmasters Admin

please stop this it helps no one

its just silly if you like a film or guest fine if not thats ok, why dig at each other all the time you should come on here to chat and have fun not start wars on here,

there are enuff of them in the real world can we not all tolarate each other and be big enuff to just agree some people like difrent things and that ok

so please respect each other a bit and remeber we are all fans of tv or film and you are all part of making the shows happen, and with out all of you some guests would not come

one of you may meet a guest for a tv show thay may have made 20 years ago the other may go to see them for a film thay made this year, you all make it happen so start to realise you all need each other and just respect each other a bit more it is such a wast of time ok

ps it 4.59 am if that matters ??? :huh:

jason :D

why dig at each other all the time? You should come on here to chat and have fun, not start wars on here, there are enuff of them in the real world. Can we not all tolarate each other and be big enuff to just agree some people like different things? Start to realise you all need each other and just respect each other a bit more

I feel a song coming on...

Either that or a Jerry Springer Show type ending; "Take care of yourselves..and eachother." :D

Honestly, my range is pretty wide. It's just not the kind of 'wide' that stretches to a movie banned around or before the time that I was born that I don't wish to view by breaking the law.

And for someone of Psychosis's age, the acting and directing talent she has listed is relevant to her era.

Thanks for that post. But I must add, I checked with my mother and grandfather first, and that was the list of 'household names' that they gave me, lmao. Well, that and Frank Sinatra and co, but I figured I'd stick with living/active people.

That is why I said "widen" Bec.

I posted as I felt it wrong that you were being berated for your choices.

And Frankie is a legend. I love his music. I am a total Rat Pack Freak...

Wow, by the rules of 'You only know stuff done within your lifetime, and it has to have been REALLY big too!' as applied here, you must be well ancient....! :D Shame even Lawford's died now. Bet even a ref to Brat pack movies would be met with blank looks here..

I am 37 years young, but just fell into the Rat Pack. It was a blessed moment, and has remained with me ever since for some 20 years.

please stop this it helps no one

its just silly if you like a film or guest fine if not thats ok, why dig at each other all the time you should come on here to chat and have fun not start wars on here,

there are enuff of them in the real world can we not all tolarate each other and be big enuff to just agree some people like difrent things and that ok

so please respect each other a bit and remeber we are all fans of tv or film and you are all part of making the shows happen, and with out all of you some guests would not come

one of you may meet a guest for a tv show thay may have made 20 years ago the other may go to see them for a film thay made this year, you all make it happen so start to realise you all need each other and just respect each other a bit more it is such a wast of time ok

ps it 4.59 am if that matters ??? :D

jason :(

Actually, your post says 5:03. Liar! :D