Talk Time

showmasters

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the gospel according to me...........its FACT.and come this sunday when its all said and done there will be no doubt in anyones mind Malcolm was the most busiest,most popular and made the most money.

And IF that happens, I will be more than happy to congratulate you on your foresite and tea leaf action. But somehow, I think you will be wrong.

Not the gospel according to me...........its FACT.and come this sunday when its all said and done there will be no doubt in anyones mind Malcolm was the most busiest,most popular and made the most money.

It's not fact until AFTER the event.... If say Joss Whedon were to turn up (no, he's not turning up, he's just an example, don't ANYONE get excited), then he would sell more autos than MM.

That said, on the current guest list, I think MM will be the busiest. As such, it make more business sense to put his talk on the Sunday, when there will probably less attendees (based on thw fact that I've done whole weekends for each of the GMex shows and Sundays have been significantly quieter each time.) This is business sense, because while he is performing a talk, he is not actually earning any money for SM (or, from a less cynical point of view, he's not meeting as many fans).

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you had a high VQ ticket on Saturday and missed getting his auto because he spent 45 minutes away preparing and doing a talk?

I suppose....but since ive got an early bird there wouldnt really be any chance of me missing him on the saturday.

You're probably right....... though there had to be 1000+ early bird entrants to LFCC and the Heroes guests were only able to see maybe 500?

Yeh but surely this wont be as busy will it? Realistically how busy is it gonna be at that time?

I think it's hard to say. MM has gained some new fans from his appearance in Heroes (That's why I want to meet him) and he did appear in a Trek film (all be it a bad one). What time are you getting to GMex?

Depends when i wake up lol.Im hoping to be up by 6.30 but the thought of standing in the cold annoys me.When the early birds are let in how long does it take to get people in? Im only going for one person so im not fussy if im not one of the first ppl in the door.

I couldn't tell you, as at LFCC I was in the first 30 into the building! If SM pull another massive guest out of their hat and advertise it on the local radio and national press (Like they did in London), then there could be a huge queue. As it stands, I would expect most of the pre-paid early birds to be in by 9.30 at the latest (please note that is wild conjecture on my part)

So your quite early then.Well the earlier you are the more chance you have of gettin a pic with the guest at their table,right? What do you look like Chris? It means if i see you you can keep me a place in the que.Dont worry .........ill make sure your looked after *waves a £5 note*

So your quite early then.Well the earlier you are the more chance you have of gettin a pic with the guest at their table,right? What do you look like Chris? It means if i see you you can keep me a place in the que.Dont worry .........ill make sure your looked after *waves a £5 note*

Odds of getting a photo with MM at his table? I suspect very slim (especially if he's as busy as you think he will be and also because SM are selling photo tickets with him).

Sadly, I'm a good deal more expensive than you can afford... and I don't like people cutting in, so I wouldn't inflict that on others. If you're desperate to see MM.. get there early.

Worth a try though.Is there a cafetorium in this place? What kind of food drinks are on offer? prices?

Yes, bad, expensive

However, you can come and go as you like (getting your hand stamped) and you are a short walk from Manchester City Centre.

I see...I refuse to spend money in Glasgow Central so itll be the same in Manchester.Ill bring my own home made food with me.I think ill take a flask and somethin to eat while im in the que. When i go into the photo session and if i can take a photo at the table is there an assistant on hand to hold my belongings?

And also how long does a photo session last? Seconds ? Minutes? I wouldnt mind some personal time to have a real conversation.

I have to say im disapointed about what you said about the eating facilities.I thought there would have been a buffet on or something because its a big event. Do the guests eat separately from us?

• Moderators

A photo session is just that - a photo - so no 'personal time' or 'real conversation' .. you'll get more time at the autograph table, but even then not much if it's busy.

There might be a crew member there at the autograph table to take your photo for you. Put your stuff on the floor or rest it on the table if necessary.

There are designated places to leave belongings around the photo shoot area before you go in.

And yes the guests eat separately usually, either in their designated area or elsewhere if they choose to.

I see...I refuse to spend money in Glasgow Central so itll be the same in Manchester.Ill bring my own home made food with me.I think ill take a flask and somethin to eat while im in the que. When i go into the photo session and if i can take a photo at the table is there an assistant on hand to hold my belongings?

And also how long does a photo session last? Seconds ? Minutes? I wouldnt mind some personal time to have a real conversation.

I have to say im disapointed about what you said about the eating facilities.I thought there would have been a buffet on or something because its a big event. Do the guests eat separately from us?

Packed lunch is a good plan. IF you can take a photo at the desk (which I maintain is very unlikely), there's normally a helpful member of crew to assist you should you need it. In the photo session itself, I'm afraid you get very little time with the guest, it's generally something of a production line. That said, I spent several very happy seconds cuddling Grace Park at a Collectormania, which made it worth it.

Yes, I would imagine the guests have food laid out in the Green Room, away from the fans.

Sounds ok.This might be a silly question to ask,but in the photo session....do you have loads of fans staring and watching? How do you think Malcolm would react if i gave him a manly affectionate hug? lol

Not loads of fans, generally just the next one or two in the queue. The photo's are taken in a small area pretty much secluded from teh rest of the event.

How Malcom would react is known only to Malcom, but I find it advisable to let the guest take the lead to ascertain how tactile they are (Grace Park hugged me) :)

Sounds ok.This might be a silly question to ask,but in the photo session....do you have loads of fans staring and watching? How do you think Malcolm would react if i gave him a manly affectionate hug? lol

depends on how you would react to a complete stranger doing it to you BUT depending how busy he is i'd stick to just a hand shake!

Edited by Dr Evil