2.25 PM CLAUDIA CHRISTIAN

2.50 pm KRISTINE SUTHERLAND

3.20 PM COSPLAY TO END

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! :blink::blink:

Friday night stay for early Saturday start to make sure I get tickets for a few talks it is then! My bank manager will hate you :( Shame the KEATING/TRINNEER talk is followed directly by the MOMOA/NYKL one as it means I'll probably miss that due to queing for the latter but with so many great guests, it will be impossible to please everyone! :D

Edited by thefreckles

murderousandy Posted Yesterday, 11:32 PM

does Kristine Sutherland really only five minutes? Buffy might have finished a few years back but surely people are gonna have more than one question

Since when is 2.50 to 3.20 five minutes my maths tells me that it is 30

I really feel as though Malcolm should be on the Saturday and i think youll find a lot of people will agree with me. Some people can only make the Saturday and seeing as Malcolm is the biggest guest at the event we would like to hear him do a talk. Even just swap one of the lesser known guests BARRIE/CHARLES to the sunday or even this Cosplay person.

I really feel as though Malcolm should be on the Saturday and i think youll find a lot of people will agree with me. Some people can only make the Saturday and seeing as Malcolm is the biggest guest at the event we would like to hear him do a talk. Even just swap one of the lesser known guests BARRIE/CHARLES to the sunday or even this Cosplay person.

He's the biggest guest to you but certainly not to me. Also, some people will only be able to make the Sunday so changing it to Saturday is going to affect them. Sorry things cant be tailored to your exact requirements, thats just how it goes. Never mind

Btw, cosplay is not a person, its an event in itself

Edited by Grazer

Some people can "only" make the Sunday as well :blink:

I wouldnt say chris barrie and craig charles are lesser known, they might not pull in as much of a crowd as malcolm but they're still well known. I know they aren't huge stars everywhere but I'm just as excited about meeting them as I am Malcolm

i'm fine with how everythings set up.

cosplay isn't a person. I don't know everything about this but I think its something to do with people dressing up.

Edited by Zoe Lou

You only think it should be Saturday as you have said you are not staying for the Sunday. You may think Malcolm is the biggest guest, but many would disagree. He may be the biggest guest for you, but what do you think makes a big guest? I personally think Lance is a bigger guest on the work he has done. But that is MY perception. Ooops, I have just shot a big hole in your reasoning.

As regards Sunday...I know a lot of people attending the event on Sunday as they work on a Saturday.

One last thing, there are thousands and thousands of Dwarfers who would say that Chris & Craig are NOT lesser known guests than Malcolm. It is all down to individual perception.

Oh i see.Sort of like a party thing. Will there be a disco or anything? Raffle? Tombola?

I refer you to my previous comment in another string as regards mocking fellow fans...

DO ONE...

this Cosplay person.

Definition of COSPLAY:

Cosplay (コスプレ, kosupure?), a portmanteau of the English words "costume" and "play", is a Japanese subculture centered on dressing as characters from manga, anime, tokusatsu, and video games, and, less commonly, Japanese live action television shows, fantasy movies, Japanese pop music bands, Visual Kei, fantasy music stories (such as stories by the band Sound Horizon), and novels. However, in some circles, "cosplay" has been expanded to mean simply wearing a costume.

In Japan, "cosplay" as a hobby is usually an end unto itself. Like-minded people gather to see others' costumes, show off their own elaborate handmade creations, take lots of pictures, and possibly participate in best costume contests.

The most specific anecdote about the origin of the word "cosplay" was that Nov Takahashi (from a Japanese studio called Studio Hard) coined the term "cosplay" as a contraction of the English-language words "costume play" while she was attending the 1984 Los Angeles Science Fiction Worldcon. He was so impressed by the hall and masquerade costuming there that he reported about it frequently in Japanese science fiction magazines. This point is debatable, however, as the word fits in with a common Japanese method of abbreviation: combining the first two syllables of one word with the first two syllables of a second word (or, more precisely, the first two moras of each). Other examples of this include Pokémon (ãƒã‚±ãƒ¢ãƒ³, Pokémon? short for ãƒã‚±ãƒƒãƒˆãƒ¢ãƒ³ã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼, or "Pocket Monsters") and puroresu (プロレス, puroresu? short for プロレスリング, or "professional wrestling").

Cosplay.jpg

Edited by AJ Jones

I'd have to agree with Graeme that McDowell is the biggest and most impressive guest here - he's more of an "actor's actor". People like Henricksen we've seen before and havent been the lead in big, famous, controversial landmark movies like Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange or Tinto Brass's Caligula.

Anyway, maybe Sunday was Malcom's choice?

Edited by nicky

I agree that, to some, Malcolm is the biggest guest going but I'm more than happy that his talk is going to be on the Sunday. I am only going on the Sunday so it suits me down to the ground. Thanks Showmasters, you're brilliant.

Graeme, sorry that parts of the event are not to your liking but you can't please all of the people all of the time. As my gran used to say, "Get what you're given and be thankful!"

I'd have to agree with Graeme that McDowell is the biggest and most impressive guest here - he's more of an "actor's actor". People like Henricksen we've seen before and havent been the lead in big, famous, controversial landmark movies like Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange or Tinto Brass's Caligula.

Anyway, maybe Sunday was Malcom's choice?

I've never heard of Malcolm McDowell before Heroes. I know Lance from a *LOT* of stuff though, to me, he's the biggest there.

As my gran used to say, "Get what you're given and be thankful!"

Those are wise words!

My gran used to say "Attend on Sunday and see the Malcolm McDowell talk!" :dance:

LOL! :smile:

Didn't have you down as a poet DB?! *looks at your sig*

Edited by A007