Anyone travelling from the south?

Trialia

Looking at coach and train prices from where I live, it'll cost me more than double the ticket price if I book at this late date, and I simply can't afford to do that on my budget. I'm posting this here because the other forum is pretty dead, so... honest request, and a desperate one... is anybody driving up to G-Mex from the Somerset/Dorset/Wiltshire borders area and would you possibly be willing to take an extra passenger? I can contribute to the cost of petrol, of course! If so, please email me asap... my username here @gmail.com :)

Thanks muchly for reading this!

(I never realised moving down here would cause these problems... lol...)

I may or may not, depends if I get the Scorpio back from the garage in time. Already taking three people up, and at this rate - it'll be in ze' Mazda MX6... hardly a car designed for multiple people.

I'll let you know ASAP.

BlueBizzieB-- yeah, my landlord suggested that to me on Saturday night, this is the first time I've been online since. I'm going to check it out - my environmental conscience will kick me, but if it's the only way I can do it, I could probably get away with it just this once!

Thanks muchly for the 'maybe', RyRy... I wouldn't mind too much about squeezing in with a few other people, I don't have my witch's broom with me this time so it wouldn't be a problem for me if it's not for anybody else. :)

I'd planned to go up on Friday, too, and yeah, I could do with a lift back as well. I was thinking about coming back probably Monday morning, though Sunday night would be okay too, if that's when you're returning. :) Where would you want me to get to for you to pick me up?

Okay, I can give you a lift up on the Friday - and drop you off on the Monday as well. ^^

I can pick you up from Wincanton, but it would be much, much easier if you could get to Swindon or Oxford since I'm picking up people from the latter. If not, don't worry.

I'll see what I can do as far as getting to Oxford or Swindon is concerned, but I doubt I could make it to either, unfortunately - the public transport round here is truly awful! But I'll go look now for you. :) Thanks!

ETA: Can't, as I thought. Sorry! But I promise to be a good passenger for you. Thanks ever so much for this.

Edited by Trialia

have you tried NX? MB? have you got a young person's railcard or a national express coach card? if you don't, they don't cost much, can often save you more than the value of the card on your tickets and are valid for a whole year! :firedevil:

also, try breaking up your journey. for example, I am travelling Swansea to Manchester but the train stops at Crewe and sometimes it is cheaper to buy 2 singles even though I don't get off the train, madness!!!!

I did scour on thetrainline.com but without knowing if you have a railcard and where exactly you live, it proved rather difficult :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

Thanks hon, I'm doing it in stages. Wincanton to London by coach and London to Manchester the same way. Killing time at Victoria right now (thank goodness I don't have to travel early tomorrow and won't need to rush the makeup!).