Save the cheerleader, save the....dolphins?

angel_darkavenger

Something you might have seen on the news but heres a video on you tube anyway.

Heroes star Hayden Panettiere has joined a protest in Japan where thousands of Dolphins are slaughtered every year.

Panettiere joined Australian actor Isabel Lucas and other surfers to form a floating circle on surf boards offshore near the coastal village of Taiji.

Charged with tresspassing apparently. Go Hayden!

it really is horrible, dolphins are such amazing intellegent creatures i went swimming with wild dolphins in NZ and there really is nothing like it

And good on her for standing up for what she believes in (and scarpering before she got arrested for trespass.)

She must be an alien not a robot :chair:

Sorry this is NOT on the web. But in 'The Sun' today, there is an article about Hayden. It says that she could face JAIL, if she goes back to Japan. She could be arested for her protesting against the hunting of dolphins. Yet she says she is willing to protest again, depite the threat.

Putting her safety at risk was, and is, stupid. Having an arrest warrant out for herself is nothing to brag about. I applaud her stance, but people who protest need to consider their safety as people who do whaling etc are not the softest of people. She is a young lady with a great career ahead of her. Japan is a huge market and this could limit her working opportunities in that area. I appreciate the unpleasent nature of slaughtering dolphins, but this is something that will never end in that area of the world. I am in no way slating hayden for doing this as it is in complete contrast to going off the rails ala Britney etc. I am just looking at the stance of how her family would feel if she was put in a harsh Japanese prison, or even worse..hurt or killed.