new Guests for this show

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LFCC had such pulling power due to the guests on offer - should SM manage to bring Hayden back for example it'll be absolute chaos.

maybe not....showmasters may have learnt from LFCC.

You'd have thought they'd have learnt way back before this year's LFCC to be honest. It wouldn't be the first time they've not given enough consideration to just how much attention a big name guest will draw. The problem is you get people crowding the guest taking photos and such like even if they don't have a ticket in order to meet them. SM need to be ALOT firmer with queue management.

It's not likely to be until very late tonight (or tomorrow morning) because of the US time difference. You will notice how often Jason posts in the middle of the night (2/3/4am), it's because he's up talking to agents in the US as it's only evening (6/7/8pm) over there.

Agree with this. :YAHOO:

I go on a chatroom that has most of the people on it living in the US. It doesn't start to get realy active untill about 00.30. Then it's only people from the east coast and central US. So I wouldn't expect Jason to get any news from the west coast till roundabout 02.00. Then he has to post it on here.

Edited by plunderbird

• Showmasters Admin

I think it would have been more sensible for SM to wait until they had something definite to announce. We are constantly told that SM work on getting guests until the last minute so what is the difference this time.

we are working on two big names and it looks good and some times we get excited as we to are fans :YAHOO:

so if we pull this of then you will understand we will let you know eather way

fingers crossed

jason

• Showmasters Admin

Hay "stavrosb" i have deleted some of your posts, you keep going on about how we run the shows and looking at all your post alot of them are very negative and unfair, and what you post in this thread is not relevant to what we are talking about so chill, and if you think we do such a bad job maybe the shows we run are not for you

sorry to pic you out but i am not going to put up with people going on and on about things that are bad and do not talk about anything else, we do the best we can and lern somthing new at every show and try to inprove

and i think we do it better than most

i hope you understand were i am comming from

jason :YAHOO:

Jason,

When you refer to two big name guests, are we talking to the extent of a stampede similar to that of Sunday at LFCC?

As has already been asked, can you give an idea of when you may be able to announce the guests?

Jason,

When you refer to two big name guests, are we talking to the extent of a stampede similar to that of Sunday at LFCC?

As has already been asked, can you give an idea of when you may be able to announce the guests?

What he said :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

ok just got of the phone and 1 out of the three guests we are talking to wants to do the show :dance:

but they have to make shore they can come :YAHOO:

we will know late Monday if its a go or not

if we get this guest i will be a happy man :YAHOO:

i will keep you informed

jason

Jason,

What he said :dance:

I'm not nit picking but it seems alot of the guests are linked to shows like Lost, Heroes and Star Trek. I'm sure you understand not everyone is a fan of those. What about us poor old fans of comic movies (read Batman)

I know there's very little chance but what about maybe Michael Keaton? Val Kilmer? Someone like that i know it's a slim chance but has Keaton ever even been approached?

I know you've had Val Kilmer at other Collectormania's any chance of getting him up to Manchester?

please? :YAHOO:

Oh and if the guests back out will you at least tell us who they were? (the2your currently negotiating with)

Edited by The-Dark-Knight

I know there's very little chance but what about maybe Michael Keaton? Val Kilmer? Someone like that i know it's a slim chance but has Keaton ever even been approached?

I know you've had Val Kilmer at other Collectormania's any chance of getting him up to Manchester?

please? :dance:

Oh and if the guests back out will you at least tell us who they were? (the2your currently negotiating with)

You would have more chance of William Shakespeare being announced as a guest than Val Kilmer - he may have been down as a guest at LFCC , but failed to turn up , and I , for one , am still waiting patiently for my signed picture :dance:

As for them telling us who we didn't get - despite Jason saying we would know either way , I doubt that he will say anything , not really professional and he still needs a working relationship with these guys so he can persuade them to come over to some other show - much as I'm sure we'd all like to know .

Can I also say to Too Tall ( about something he said on the 2nd page ) , that I was at GMex 1 and the pre-bookers were ALL let in before the pay on the dayers ( which I'm sure was against the law - everyone was told that earlybird was from 9pm and some of us got in after 9.15 ) . :YAHOO:

I'm not nit picking but it seems alot of the guests are linked to shows like Lost, Heroes and Star Trek. I'm sure you understand not everyone is a fan of those. What about us poor old fans of comic movies (read Batman)

And can I also say about this that the most probable reason that we MAY be getting these extra , big names from the States is because a bunch of these types of TV Programmes have had to stop production because of the strikes , freeing previously unavailable actors and giving them a chance to come over and meet their fans :YAHOO: