new Guests for this show

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

would love it if someone from Robin Hood or Torchwood would come.

I won't disagree with your suggestions, but Jason did say it was US agents on the phone and both these shows are UK shows :blush:

Well it was good of you to post this news AFTER you closed the advanced ticket sales in the store. I understand that it had to be closed prior to the show to get them all delivered, but could you not have had the courtesy to post this information beforehand? I'd have quite happily taken the chance. Now if you get anyone remotely big, the chances are that most people won't get to meet them, or the experience of meeting them won't be worth the expense ala LFCC.

Well it was good of you to post this news AFTER you closed the advanced ticket sales in the store. I understand that it had to be closed prior to the show to get them all delivered, but could you not have had the courtesy to post this information beforehand? I'd have quite happily taken the chance. Now if you get anyone remotely big, the chances are that most people won't get to meet them, or the experience of meeting them won't be worth the expense ala LFCC.

To be fair to Showmasters - they did only get these phone calls last night.......and the strke only started after they'd closed the shop.......... :D

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly they announced it as soon as they knew. As it says in the first post, they found out last night. It's not like they did this on purpose just to annoy you!

They can never win can they?

If SM had announced this without any specifics (as they have done) but BEFORE the ticket office closed, people would have accused them of trying to get some last minute ticket sales based on nothing but a MAYBE.

If there is a big guest announced you have the same chance of seing them as anyone else. If you get there early enough! The pre-sale ticket holders and the pay-on-the-day attendees are let in at the same time, it's just that you will have the 3-5 minute wait to buy your tickets. If you get there early enough on the day you will still get to see the big guest. Just don't expect to turn up at the opening time and think you'll get a low VT number.

Edited by Too Tall

'Nov 9 2007, 02:46 AM' post='1136959']

Tonight we have had a lot of calls from the US from big agents with great guests

Nothing is in stone but there is some big names in playand we are hopeful so stay tuned and we will try to pull of some last minute Showmasters magic :YAHOO:

fingers crossed :D

jason :wub:

First you read the above post, noting the time, date and word used to describe when that have been emboldened.

stavrosb Posted Today, 02:50 PM

Then you re-read your post.

Then hopefully you will realise the fact that the Writer's Guild of America have gone on strike this past Monday at 0001 hrs, and Jason clearly says that the phonecalls were placed to him last night. Add in the fact the 5 to 7 hours time difference, and you may work out that what you have said is unreasonable tosh.

How you can say most people won't get to see them when you can buy tickets at the door, and the early birds will in no way take up all of the VTs.

Dude, I don't know you, but you seriously need to check the facts before spouting off complete and utter garbage at Showmasters because they inform the fans that they have been contacted by US Agents.

Edited by AJ Jones

• Showmasters Admin

ahem, any ideas WHEN a guest may be announced? I have seriously big coursework, and atm instead of doing it, i'm refreshing the board every 5 mins!!! grrrr lol :D

It's not likely to be until very late tonight (or tomorrow morning) because of the US time difference. You will notice how often Jason posts in the middle of the night (2/3/4am), it's because he's up talking to agents in the US as it's only evening (6/7/8pm) over there.

I think it would have been more sensible for SM to wait until they had something definite to announce. We are constantly told that SM work on getting guests until the last minute so what is the difference this time.

From the sounds of it, it seems as though they pretty much have some guests but just need to be 100% before there announced.

Edited by Lambourne