Star Trek: The Menagerie

zebredy

Posted this in the Trek part of the forums but thought you guys might also be interested to know, as I know not everyone goes to every different section of the fourm.

PS tickets are £10 each

Genre: Science Fiction

Film running length: 116 min

UK release date: 13/11/2007

Language: English

Who´s in it?

William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols What´s the plot?

“STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES†EPISODE “THE MENAGERIE†PRESENTED

ON THE BIG SCREEN IN HIGH DEFINITION AT ODEON

Two Digitally Remastered Episodes Along With Never-Before-Seen Footage and Behind-the-Scenes Featurette

on Tuesday 13th November at 7:30PM

'Star Trek' fans can now boldly go where no man has gone before to see two of the most famous episodes of the original television series at your local ODEON Cinema. 'Star Trek: The Original Series' is being beamed onto the big screen in a special one night event in select ODEON Cinemas on Tuesday November 13th at 7.30pm featuring original Season 1 episodes 'The Menagerie' Part 1 and 2, digitally remastered in High-Definition and Cinema Surround Sound.

Fans will also be greeted by an introduction from creator Gene Roddenberry’s son, Eugene “Rod†Roddenberry*, and given a behind-the-scenes look at how the episodes were digitally re-mastered from the original negatives – including the reinvention of the old TV show special effects using new CGI animation, and the orchestral re-recording of the show’s theme music – in a new 30-minute exclusive featurette.

So anyone interested

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

So happy, did not think they would ever do this over hear. I think it is testing the water a little for the interest in Star Trek for the new movie.

Tickets all book for Tuesday at Hatfield.

Yeah me and three friends are booked for Southend, and I expect some of my other friends from the sci-fi group I belong to, will be going to see this too, should be fun.

Are we the only people on here who want to see this, surley not.

Come on guys we need to show our support, show them that there are still people out there in this country who love Trek

:o

There are some strong rumours that they are thinking about remastering TNG. I would think if The Menagerie is a big hit they will think about doing this with episodes like Best of Both Worlds.

But I do see this as a test bed for the new movie to see how star trek is in the market.

Edited by SciFiMAD

There are some strong rumours that they are thinking about remastering TNG. I would think if The Menagerie is a big hit they will think about doing this with episodes like Best of Both Worlds.

But I do see this as a test bed for the new movie to see how star trek is in the market.

If thats true then I don't think its going to work too well as a lot of people (at least one I know of) has seen Menagerie more then once and isn't prepared to pay £10 to see it again, this time in the cinema.

I think more people will see the movie, even if there not die hard trek fans, purley to see how good it is, and what all the hipe is about.

IMO using these two episodes as a test bed, won't work, especially as it hasn't been advertised that well, but I do hope I'm wrong...

Edited by zebredy

There was a massive poster up in the Hatfield one when I past it today

Thats my point, there isn't an odeon near me. The Southend one that I am going too is 45mins away, so that means unless you live near an Odeon, especially one thats showing Menagerie, then really your not going to know much about it unless you stumble upon something relating to in on the web.

Edited by zebredy

Thats my point, there isn't an odeon near me. The Southend one that I am going too is 45mins away, so that means unless you live near an Odeon, especially one thats showing Menagerie, then really your not going to know much about it unless you stumble upon something relating to in on the web.

True True, but in some ways is a benefit to us, the less people go the more it will be good.

:WINCE:

LLAP :crying:

True True, but in some ways is a benefit to us, the less people go the more it will be good.

In which case you must stay at home and miss it; if none of you go it will be mindblowingly brilliant. :chair:

This post is being done by my mum, so over to her....

Quite some time ago my son & I, along with 48 other Star Trek fans we were invited to Boreham Wood Film Studios to meet Gene Roddenberry & Majel Barratt as she filmed the last days shooting of a film she had made overhere. We all received a small gift from her and Stephen still has his original Star Trek Insignia Pin

also back in 1979 we both went to America and were invited onto the film set of the first Star Trek film, we met the actors and watched as they filmed one scene. We had met George Takei before and we are still friends with him and keep in contact. I have been a fan since I saw the first episode shown overhere and Stephen soon became a fan also. We went to all Star Trek Conventions held overhere until 1981, but since then due to the rising costs of these conventions we haven't been able to go to them, so we are both very happy when any of the stars (especially George) come over to the Collectables Events. I would like to say we could come and see 'The Menagerie' but I'm afraid this isn't going to be possible, still maybe there will be another one at some time in the future.

I dont think many people are, as there where not many seats booked at the Hatfield one where I am going to see it.

Well my loocal, or should I say the nearest one to me showing it, is about half full, but I suspect there will be some people (and maybe some staff) who havn't paid over the phone or through the interent who are going to see. i.e. there may be some paying cash to see it?

:coolthumb:

LLAP :thumbup:

I dont think many people are, as there where not many seats booked at the Hatfield one where I am going to see it.

Well my loocal, or should I say the nearest one to me showing it, is about half full, but I suspect there will be some people (and maybe some staff) who havn't paid over the phone or through the interent who are going to see. i.e. there may be some paying cash to see it?

:coolthumb:

LLAP :thumbup:

True True, I personnely cant wait to see it on the big screen, looking forward to the behind the scenes bits too.

WOW

Just got back from seeing this at Bristol and bumped into my friend who i have not seen in a long while.

Anyway that was the first time i had seen anything on HD on the big screen.

I AM Getting a 32inch HD LCD TV, so i wont be attending many conventions and only collecting a few autos so i can save up.

I must say that I thought the quality was very poor, you could tell it was just a DVD they where playing as it did not fit the widescreen correctly, on the interview before it started peoples names where cut out. The first screen when Kirk, Spock and Bones beam down to the starbase, bones head was cut off.

Also I found that you really did not get to see the true quality of HD, I have downloaded other HD remastered episodes and watched on my HD TV and found that it was great quality.

Simply put, I dont think they put this together that well for the big screen compared with what they could of done. Nice seeing on big screen, but not worth the £10.

I must say that I thought the quality was very poor, you could tell it was just a DVD they where playing as it did not fit the widescreen correctly, on the interview before it started peoples names where cut out. The first screen when Kirk, Spock and Bones beam down to the starbase, bones head was cut off.

Also I found that you really did not get to see the true quality of HD, I have downloaded other HD remastered episodes and watched on my HD TV and found that it was great quality.

Simply put, I dont think they put this together that well for the big screen compared with what they could of done. Nice seeing on big screen, but not worth the £10.

No certainly not worth £10, and our local cinema even started to draw the curtains at the end of the movie, before they had started showing the previews for season 2, I will be writing them a letter at some point today as I wasn not happy about that.

:crying:

LLAP :WAVE:

As a side note, I've seen a few of the remastered Star Trek TOS episodes in HD and they do look quite nice! :chair: I thought that the redone external effects would spoil it (like the Star Wars "special" editions) but I actually like them. :o